• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alex Serrenti's ltr to ST Forum Gets a Robust Rebuttal From Conservative Singgies

This is Alexandra Serrenti -- the writer of the letter to the ST Forum.

I am writing to inform you that someone has made posts to the ST Forum using two accounts started in my name (alexserrenti and alexandreserrenti) and pretending to be me.

One of these posts is quoted here. Please note that I did not write it and neither did I authorise it.

Posting in another person's name constitutes identity theft and a police report has been filed.

I do not object to anyone disagreeing with me. I do object to a person posting comments in my name. I am writing in to inform your readers of the situation as I would not like there to be any confusion. And I trust that you will kindly disregard any comments written from any account other than this one.

Thank you.

Alexandra Serrenti

AlexSerrenti

Today, 04:44 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an academic and an epicene figure.

How dare you insult my gender identity by calling me "miss?"

At least I have my favorite bike, my short haircut and my girlfriend. Oh, I also have my nice job in NUS. Get you values out of my face. And get your facts right![/QUOTE]

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Alex Serrenti's Aware Ltr ST Forum Gets a Robust Rebuttal From Conservative Singg

Dear Porifirio

Ahhh please read today's Sunday Times as to the wide variety of programs which schools can choose from.......including FOCUS on Family which preaches primarily Abstinence

I get the feeling based on belle's, Scroobals's and London's observations that they are not so much interested in a plurality of views but in shutting out all other non conservative views. From schools, to society to government................

Locke

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh dear...thanks for the clarification:smile:

I am writing to inform you that someone has made posts to the ST Forum using two accounts started in my name (alexserrenti and alexandreserrenti) and pretending to be me.

One of these posts is quoted here. Please note that I did not write it and neither did I authorise it.

Posting in another person's name constitutes identity theft and a police report has been filed.

I do not object to anyone disagreeing with me. I do object to a person posting comments in my name. I am writing in to inform your readers of the situation as I would not like there to be any confusion. And I trust that you will kindly disregard any comments written from any account other than this one.

Thank you.

Alexandra Serrenti

AlexSerrenti

Today, 04:44 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an academic and an epicene figure.

How dare you insult my gender identity by calling me "miss?"

At least I have my favorite bike, my short haircut and my girlfriend. Oh, I also have my nice job in NUS. Get you values out of my face. And get your facts right!
[/QUOTE]

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
just to lighten the mood:biggrin:

Aware EGM: I saw my hair flash before my eyes
By S M Ong

May 11, 2009

WHEN the Aware old guard beat the usurpers at the EGM earlier this month, it was a victory for pluralism, diversity and tolerance 鈥?and I鈥檓 just talking about the hair.

Basically, the people with the craziest hair won, and let me tell you, I know first-hand about crazy hair.

On the scalps of the 3,000 who swarmed the Suntec event was an eye-popping variety of coifs in unexpected styles and colours.

The scary thing is that I鈥檝e had every one of those hairstyles at least once in my lifetime. It was like seeing the life of my hair flash before my eyes.

Take for instance Ms Alex Serenti, an Aware volunteer who was featured in The New Paper last Monday. She is botak.

This was the look I sported when I was a fresh army recruit like so many other Singaporean males at the then Infantry Training Depot on Pulau Tekong.

It was possibly the lowest point of my life 鈥?apart from last month, when I ate some bad Indian rojak.

Bowled over

At the Aware EGM was another volunteer who has so far only been identified as 鈥榳oman with loud hailer鈥?

This could be because it would be rude to identify her as 鈥榳oman with extremely unflattering bowl cut鈥?

My mother forced me to have this haircut when I was in primary school, and I haven鈥檛 forgiven her since.

Oh, is today Mother鈥檚 Day? I鈥檒l send her an e-card 鈥?even though she doesn鈥檛 have a computer. Ha! Revenge!

And then there鈥檚 Ms Zaibun Siraj, a former Aware president, with that purple streak in her hair.

If I were a middle-aged woman with a matching outfit, that was exactly what I looked like back in the early 鈥?0s as a fan of all those great New Romantic bands from Duran Duran to A Flock Of Seagulls.

Yes, I ran... I ran so far away.

The only difference was that my streak was blue.

Purple reigns

My theory is that the old guard won simply because Ms Siraj frightened the bejesus out of Ms Josie Lau and company with her purple hair and matching outfit.

'Did you see the scary woman with the purple hair? She looks like The Joker. What chance do we mere mortals, who believe that a neutral stance on homosexuality is tantamount to a tacit approval of gay lifestyle, have against a super villain like that?鈥?p>Hair today, gone tomorrow.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Alex Serrenti's Aware Ltr ST Forum Gets a Robust Rebuttal From Conservative Singg

Locke,

you are probably right...but like it or not dr thio, pastor hong, josie and her pussycats appear to have managed to get the majority conservative singgies on their side by waving the homo/lesbian/anal sex flag...

btw i read the "Sexuality 101" ST article...on hindsight perhaps the schools should just stick to the MOE module and leave the rest to the parents...anyways the obligation and responsibility lies at the parents doorstep
Dear Porifirio

Ahhh please read today's Sunday Times as to the wide variety of programs which schools can choose from.......including FOCUS on Family which preaches primarily Abstinence

I get the feeling based on belle's, Scroobals's and London's observations that they are not so much interested in a plurality of views but in shutting out all other non conservative views. From schools, to society to government................

Locke