• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ALERT: Watch out for more dirty property agents after this news

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats if you are a property agent.

Don't whine, don't bitch, don't blame anyone.

And PURHLEEZE don't go cheating some blind old man. You will burn in hell.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/bu...vate-home-sales-singapore-drop-march-20140415

By Melissa Tan

SINGAPORE - Sales of new private homes tumbled last month as buyers stayed on the sidelines amid a softening market.

Developers sold 480 new units last month, 34 per cent down from 724 in February, according to Urban Redevelopment Authority figures released on Tuesday.

This was despite 724 new homes being launched for sale in March, an 8 per cent increase from 671 in February. These figures exclude executive condominiums (ECs).

The top seller was 597-unit The Santorini in Tampines, which sold just 76 units in March at a median price of $1,108 per sq ft (psf).

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to sell your Residential Property

Wanna get the most out of your residential property? Well, here’re some strategies that you can consider

1. To close a deal, property agents must make you sell cheaper, so, do not expect a property agent to sing praises for your unit. In all honesty, they will tell you more shortcomings of your unit that than buyer; that is their job. Therefore, when they speak to you, bear in mind that they don’t love you.

2. I assure you that you will never get the best price for your unit when you appoint an exclusive agent. Exclusive agents can promise you the sun and the moon but once you appointed them as your exclusive agent, the game is half-won for them. In short, they have no incentive to protect your interests going forward. Always declare the sale of your unit, free-for-all / open for all agents. In this way, all the agents will have equal incentive to convince the buyers to offer a higher price, as much as they want you to lower selling price. In addition, you will get greater exposure because you can get more agents to promote you property online or in classified ads which will translate to greater buying interests.

3. Next, do a bit of homework when you price your unit. You just need to price the same as others initially (given the same size and level). No point putting up the lowest price because you are not selling shares in stock market. No two units are 100% similar, you can have the lowest list-price but the buyer will still visit other similar units in the same estate with a 3-10% budget tolerance for a more suitable choice because of hidden factors such as neighbours, facings, move-in condition, etc

4. Be firm about commission and confirms it before any viewing. It is only fair if you pay agent commissions but those who ask more than 1% are simply not respecting you. If your property is worth more than $2.5m, 0.5% commission is also acceptable. Don’t worry that you don’t know the paper work because your lawyer will have some kind of templates/forms for you to close your sale. If you are lucky, maybe you will get to deal direct with buyer and save on commissions (but shrewd buyers will usually bring their own agents to get some kick-backs from the commission).

5. Usually it takes 3-6mths to offload a unit for the best price. To get some exposures initially; place small classified ads on newspapers for 2-3 consecutive weekends and gradually reduce to once a month. Property agents do maintain a large in-house database of available units so you don’t have to keep putting up ads.

6. Please organize weekend viewings at specific timings (eg 2-5pm). Most of the people viewing your units are not serious buyers. Some people are just hobbyist viewers. Please do not waste time accommodating to less-convenient timeslots because buying a property is not like buying buns; serious buyers will genuinely wait to see your unit if they have already shortlisted your price/estate to make a more informed decision.

7. It is ok to accommodate second-viewing requests for serious buyers as the involvement of more family-members and friends can aid the buyer’s decision process. Of course, if the offer price is too much below your target price, then don’t waste time.

8. Agents need to smoke you, pressure you, lie to you to make you sell. Please understand that the agent is spending time smoking you because your unit has demand, therefore you must learn to ignore the criticisms and stories that they tell you. Just be focused about the price negotiation.

9. Property agents are going to start calling you during price negotiations. Property agents are taught to act busy and missed your calls because it will create anxiety. Likewise, you must also learn not to answer calls immediately from property agents who had begun negotiations with you. Many agents are high-handed in their negotiations with you and for these jerks, just apologize to them politely for missing their calls because you were attending to another viewing earlier. Doing so, occasionally, will remind the rouge agents that their buyers are not the sole interested-party and they hate missing out on closing deals if they are close.

Buying cheap is only ½ right, selling right determines your profitability. You can get to see all kinds of funny, weird, dishonest people when you sell your own property. You will learn more about humanity + more street smart from this experience than schooling + a better price. Good luck.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.thestar.com.my/Opinion/C.../22/Singapores-housing-boom-may-be-declining/

Singapore’s housing boom may be declining
by seah chiang nee

Email
Facebook

As measures to discourage speculation and curb loans kick in, prices and sales fall.

ONE of the most common questions I encountered recently — quite a few from foreign friends — was: “Shall I buy property here?”

Few places on earth are more preoccupied with real estate than land-squeezed Singapore, except perhaps Hong Kong!

Here, it is a national craze which existed long before the recent influx of migrants added fuel to the housing demand.

advertisement

For Singaporeans, a property is not just a home. It is also a commodity to buy or sell for a profit, to upgrade or move to another closer to premium schools for their children.

A survey once found that more than half the population here (52.2%) had changed homes at least once in the previous 10 years.

The large potential profits attracted numerous regional investors. The early birds from China, Malaysia, Indonesia and India have done well.

The market kept rising, almost in a straight line up, creating a bubble.

In the past four years alone, residential prices increased by 60%, one of the three fastest hikes in the world.

An Economist magazine survey last year showed that Singapore homes were the world’s third most expensive on a price-to-rent basis.

Some 57% were overvalued versus its long-term average — behind only Canada and Hong Kong.

However, the boom may be heading for a reversal.

Last week as I was writing this, a headline in the Castlewood Group website read: “Developers fight to overcome slowing market”.

Singapore developers were reportedly using “sweeteners” in order to tempt wary investors as the government’s series of cooling measures hit demand.

A bank Chief Executive Officer said he expects prices to fall by 10-15% this year.

This could be a better scenario. Others predicted a harder landing in the wake of a series of cooling measures to discourage speculation and curb loans.

As the curbs took effect, prices for luxury homes, the worst performer, fell by 2.1% last year as many rich foreigners stayed away.

Prime units were down 20% over 2012. Other signs of weakening included the following:

> In the last quarter of 2013, property investment sales crashed by 71.9% to S$3.9bil (RM10.1*mil) .

> The number of resale non-landed private properties plunged by 70.2% last month compared to a year ago.

> Private home prices fell by 0.9% in the fourth quarter, the first drop in nearly two years.

> Government Housing and Development Board resale flats fell by 1.3% in the fourth quarter, the worst drop in eight years.

Amidst worries about the housing bubble bursting, the buzz is turning negative.

A few of my Malaysian friends have asked me whether they should be selling their investments.

Some are worried by a Forbes magazine article forecasting a property bubble burst and even an economic meltdown in the next few years.

It could come faster if interest rates rise and when the large supply of new developments is marketed over the next five years.

Analysts believe much will depend on the economies of Singapore’s trading partners in the region.

“If China’s property and banking implode, they will drag Singapore down,” one commented.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong recently likened his island state to a small upgraded sampan (boat), implying that it will sink or sail depending on the ocean waves.

The city’s long-term fundamentals for property remain relatively strong. It has limited land despite reclamation work, while demand will likely grow steadily in the future.

“As long as there is economic growth and regional political stability, the scarcity and demand will be around,” said a retail businessman.

The biggest obstacle to a recovery is the fear of losing quality jobs.

Buying a property involves a 30-year mortgage commitment that can run into trouble if either husband or wife gets the pink slip.

An increasing number of middle-class Singaporeans are losing confidence.

Observers believe that the People’s Action Party’s (PAP) political future will depend on its ability to satisfy the housing demands of the younger generation.

Many Singaporeans aspire to own a condo. Those who are unable to achieve this objective have migrated to Australia for the cheaper homes.

Secondly, Singapore is keen to attract young talented foreigners to come and make this their home.

The high cost of housing is also a major obstacle. They may attract the wealthier but less able foreigners instead of real talents.

For the government, which is facing an election in two years’ time, expensive homes are adding to their political weakness.

Today, the price of an average flat is between S$1mil-1.5mil (RM2.6mil-3.9mil), effectively pricing out many of the middle-class and younger workers while benefiting wealthier Singaporeans.

Expensive homes contribute to Singapore’s economic gap between the rich and poor by putting more money into the developers’ pockets.

“How on earth can a graduate start-up hope to afford one?” asked a businessman-friend.

The obvious answer is: “The majority can’t, even with today’s low-interest regime, without the help of parents.”

Worst of all, Singapore is dependent on its young men to defend the country. At 18, they have to be in the national service for two years before becoming part of the reservist army. In times of war, they become front-line soldiers.

The first generation leaders were conscious of the link between defence and home ownership.

A letter writer commented on the risk of plunging into property on loans.

“I really wonder how people can chase after properties when they are not sure of their employment status for the next five years.

“They will have to spend the next 30 years paying back their debts.”

Seah Chiang Nee is an international journalist of 40 years, many of them reporting on Asia. The views expressed are entirely his own.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Religare comments:

MCC Land is trying to sell its project at 10-20% premium and despite that is still making only 10-15% margin, as per media reports. All of this is against the backdrop of overall falling prices. This highlights the dilemma that Singapore developers are stuck in, while residential prices have started to ease along with demand, however, land prices are still high leading to increased pressure on margins along with slowing pre-sales. In our view, both the projects might be able to sell the smaller units due to lower quantum but moving bigger units at market premium will be a tough task. We would continue to avoid Singapore developers.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope property agents suffer, especially those senior directors who have bullied me and tortured me mentally everyday because I was slightly plump.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope property agents suffer, especially those senior directors who have bullied me and tortured me mentally everyday because I was slightly plump.

Plump gal gets bullied everywhere they go. so I recommend you to slim down. Is good for your health too.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I did not get bullied when I was working in a department store, a food distribution company and briefly in an NGO.

Most people are decent. Fox spirits and property agents are not.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes property agent job is dirtier than a pimp and prostitute.

It is still a decent job but if you want to be a property agent, be a team lead or director. In many companies, some bosses or superiors encourage their sales staff to be a spendthrift so that they end up in debts. When you are in debts, then you will work harder for the team lead or director.

Think of it this way, if you are a whore, there is a limit on how much you can make everyday. Why not be a pimp or mummy and intoxicate your girls with drugs so that they will work like mad and share their earnings with you?

Don't blame the property agents, they are just intoxicated by the snakes above them.

Last edited: