• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ah Heng ah, right for who ??

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am worried we have a bunch of 4G leaders who only know how to give "politically right" scripted statements but dare not act when it comes to accountability. Our past leaders ( Goh Keng Swee, LKY ) led the country by courageous action and set the example of true leadership. Can the new 4G leaders be counted on to lead the country in times of uncertainty and severe challenges ? Do they have the mettle to resolve conflicts with Malaysia ? Do they know what it takes to restructure our economy and prepare our education system so that there are jobs for our people in the future ?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He is copying someone who used to say this all the time:

"blah blah blah blah blah................... we are finished!" :rolleyes::biggrin:

Come to think of it, Ah Heng sounded very much like his present colleagues and former Ministers. We are doomed! PAP groupthink; zero accountability & zero creativity. SOS!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RESPONSIBLE LEADERSHIP

Mr Heng stakes the highest priority on “leaders to take command responsibility”.

He says: “When something goes wrong, the leader of the organisation, be he the minister, permanent secretary or CEO, has to take responsibility and put things right. If the lapse shows that the leader has been slack, negligent or incompetent, then serious consequences must follow, including removal.”

Singapore continues to hold its head high because its pioneers, from leaders to Singaporeans, took risks.

“If public officers had not dared to take risks for fear of being axed if things went wrong, we would never have built an exceptional country.”

There’s no end to learning to set even higher standards, he adds. Elaborating, he says: “Singapore can learn from others like the Japanese and the Swiss, who have a strong sense of personal responsibility and a meticulous attention to detail.

“We must strengthen such personal mindsets at all levels of society, from the heads of organisations to front-line workers, in the private sector and the Government. Though this imposes high demands on every Singaporean, we will persist on this path.”

But the bottom-line is very clear with a no-nonsense stand: “If we become complacent and slack, we are finished.”

He should say ." If we become complacent and slack, Singapore will be finished. " That is a big difference in leadership mindset. LKY would have said it that way.... but this group of 4G leaders, I am not so sure. If I were to become complacent and slack, of course I will be finished. That goes without saying because I am elected into office. But what is more important is what happens to the country.. what happens to the people if leaders become complacent and slack. It seems that the new leaders are more concerned for their reputation and their titles than the people whom they serve.

Last edited: