• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Ah Bian" incident possible here?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - "Ah Bian" incident possible here?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>MissClarity <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:40 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right>(1 of 5) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>48537.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD id=msgtxt_1 class=msgtxt>With the overwhelming show of disaffection for the white zombies in cyberspace, I'm very surprised that the old man has chosen not to address the people even they've only got 2 weeks to GE.
In the past, by this time, his usual fear arousing tactics and people chiding speeches would be in full steam. Remember what he said about the women here will be maids overseas in previous GEs?
That kind of speech is strangely absent this round.
In fact, he even said that he's reserving it for after nomination day.
Think about it....they've the advantage now, through the control of the press and physical space but choose not to press their lead despite the growing disaffection. There's so much firefighting going on all around him with MPs backing down from challenges for televised debates, and yet the old man remains so serenely calm. He even talks about being healthy at 88 and how others can be like him.
This is very out-of-character and does not make sense.
If I put myself in his shoes, one play that I can go for is to build as much goodwill as possible now, and that means no scolding of the people nor threatening them with bogeymans.
Then after nomination day, I'll pull a "Ah Bian" stunt to milk maximum sympathy points for my son. The less I'm disliked now, the more sympathy I can extract out of this event. Such an incident would easily secure the critical 8-10% vote swing from middle ground voters who want security. Coupled with a planted 3-way fight, my opponent will never stand a chance.
Anyway, with my GRC intact, the other MPs can pull my weight as I recuperate.
I hope as many people get as many people as possible get to read Catherine Lim's article : A Little Tale (http://catherinelim.sg) before nomination day.

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 4/24/2011 4:11 am ET by MissClarity</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"></TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=center> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>