• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

After Emirates flight, must say SIA demise is matter of time

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't SIA already have the budget airline Scoot, while SQ itself is marketed as a premium airline? How cheap can a premium airline be?

Actually if you factor all other hidden costs eg luggage, seats, meal, in-flight entertainment etc and convenience eg number of flights, timing etc....budget airlines may end up costing more than regular airlines.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those SIA girls are there to impress the Ang Mohs only. They don't give a fuck to local Sinkies.

This is the practice on most other airlines as well as they don't give a fuck to their locals. Once I was on a KLM flight from Amsterdam to Linate (Italy). When one of their local Dutch passenger asked for coffee and the flight stewardess was serving tea at that moment, she just rudely replied to that local passenger: I've only got 2 hands, you'll have to wait.
KLM stewardess has some balls in her.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
KLM stewardess has some balls in her.
Maybe her grand aunty came on that day and she was not in a good mood.

On another flight on BA from Heathrow to Singapore. it was a pleasant experience for me as I had some good chats with their stewardess at their pantry. Otherwise, it'll be a boring 13-hour flight.

On Business Class travel, I'd taken them on SIA from Singapore to Tokyo, United Airlines from Singapore to Cincinnati via Hong Kong and San Francisco and Delta Airlines from JF Kennedy to Narita.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those SIA girls are there to impress the Ang Mohs only. They don't give a fuck to local Sinkies.

This is the practice on most other airlines as well as they don't give a fuck to their locals. Once I was on a KLM flight from Amsterdam to Linate (Italy). When one of their local Dutch passenger asked for coffee and the flight stewardess was serving tea at that moment, she just rudely replied to that local passenger: I've only got 2 hands, you'll have to wait.

But in Europe, service is sucks because they don't care service, they can be rude and the customers suck it up. Company cannot fire them because of labour unions

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't SIA already have the budget airline Scoot, while SQ itself is marketed as a premium airline? How cheap can a premium airline be?

Except SIA gives peanuts for being a lremium airline, if not for direct flight Europe to Singapore, nobody will take it. Everything is inferior

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
But in Europe, service is sucks because they don't care service, they can be rude and the customers suck it up. Company cannot fire them because of labour unions
To some extent, this is true.

On another Air France evening flight which I took from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Singapore, I don't know if the pilots were drunk or what, the plane was accelerated to take-off speed at the taxi-way instead of at the runway. WTF? I knew it because the plane was just next to the terminal building. Immediately, the brakes were slammed and there was a forceful retardation. Some babies inside were crying non-stop thereafter.

Last edited:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't blame them as majority of Sinkies thinks they own the airline.. Probably the ang mohs are friendlier n easier to serve n please...

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't blame them as majority of Sinkies thinks they own the airline.. Probably the ang mohs are friendlier n easier to serve n please...
Amongst the so many airlines which I'd taken during my working years, I find that the service from Thai Airways was the best.

Those Middle East airlines (eg: Emirates and Qatar) are rather inconvenient (to Europe) because you have to do a transit in their Middle East countries in the pre-dawn hours, interrupting your sleep pattern.

Last edited:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amongst the so many airlines which I'd taken during my working years, I find that the service from Thai Airways was the best.
Yes, Thai Airways is good. Actually MH service is good also if not for their management who screws up the airline..

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bad experiences are mainly from those Chink airports. Several times out of the blue, the pilot will announce that there are military planes maneuvering on the skies above and the take-off time will be delayed by up to 30 minutes. So, you lan lan have to sit in the plane and wait out for the control tower to give the green light to take off.

Pre-911, those Chink airports were very ridiculous. If you bring on board even an unopened bottle of mineral water, they will insist you to open it to take a sip or 2 in front of their officers.

I also don't like the Kimpo Airport in Seoul because they will always bring their narcotics dogs (aka @Loofydralb) to sniff at you and your luggage whilst waiting at the luggage claim carousel.

Tokyo is also too overstrict such that you'll have to remove your shoes and scan them through their X-Ray machine at the check-in gate, despite also having to walk pass their metal detector sensors.

American airports don't even need to show your passports at the check-in gate for departing passengers. They just can't wait for you to leave the country as soon as possible.

Some Scandinavian airports like Finland, if it's on a weekend, good luck to you because everything (eg: getting your boarding pass, tagging and checking in your own luggage, etc) will be self-service only.

Last edited:

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Those Middle East airlines (eg: Emirates and Qatar) are rather inconvenient (to Europe) because you have to do a transit in their Middle East countries in the pre-dawn hours, interrupting your sleep pattern.

The only thing screwing emirates is the Dubai airport. They make you walk nearly 30min to board next flight

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only thing screwing emirates is the Dubai airport. They make you walk nearly 30min to board next flight
The last time I used Emirates (only once) to Europe was many years ago. I don't remember having to walk that far, probably they have changed the airport now. Even then, shouldn't they provide bus shuttle service in between terminals?

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time I used Emirates (only once) to Europe was many years ago. I don't remember having to walk that far, probably they have changed the airport now. Even then, shouldn't they provide bus shuttle service in between terminals?

They provide train, spacious lift + walking, altogether 30min.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of the various types of air planes I've taken, I will still prefer the Boeing 777. It's quiet and adequately spacious. I took the Airbus Neo A320 on Finnish Airline to Finland and it was much more noisier than the Boeing 777. Of course the Airbus A380 for my trip to Australia was also very comfortable.

The worse was Cathay Pacific. Their bloody seats cannot be tilted backwards but only the buttock section can slide forward slightly. It is very uncomfortable for flights of more than 2 hours. I'd swear I'll never take Cathay Pacific again if ever possible.

I'd even taken those turbo-prop aircraft from Jakarta to Bandung before and it was also very noisy, albeit a very short domestic flight.

Last edited: