• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Affordable accommodation in Auckland, NZ

earmosim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Friends,

For tourists who are coming to Auckland for a short stay say 1-2 weeks before deciding whether to move to this country.

For New immigrants - Coming to new country (new city), before deciding where to stay, or deciding where to rent or buy your home.

I can recommend this place for you to consider ( or search around the main website to see any particular place that suit your budget). Remember to negotiate if you are staying long term ( like more than a month), the operators are quiet flexible.

http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/properties/17410.asp

Just to share my experience, when i first arrived in auckland, staying in a motel, costing me more than $100. a day, for few weeks, before finding a proper accommodation. So, staying in one of those places (with most things provided) definately makes sense and takes away some of your stress. Once you settle in, you will be opening up bank accounts, buying a car, looking up for school etc.

:smile: Welcome to Auckland. Drop me a line if you want to find out things and happenings in this city.

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Friends,

For New immigrants - Coming to new country (new city), before deciding where to stay, or deciding where to rent or buy your home.

:smile: Welcome to Auckland. Drop me a line if you want to find out things and happenings in this city.

Is Auckland a car friendly city? Any cheap place to rent car for a month?

earmosim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you doing this for fun or for profit? Helps to know how to "repay" you :biggrin:

Sharing information and get a good deal always help. I have different nationalities of people staying in the holiday home, so far good feedbacks from them, saving them going round a big circle of trials and errors.

Me, going through same trials and errors when first settling in this new city.

earmosim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Auckland a car friendly city? Any cheap place to rent car for a month?

Car rental can be found at $30 - 50 depending on the size of the car and / or if you use the car just for Auckland driving and not for long distance touring. Those are the conditions affecting the rental price.

Worth to ring a few rental companies and compare the price. generally competitive.

earmosim

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have a holiday hse ? Great ! where about ? location ?

Is it against the Sam's rules to personally advertise here?

I advertise my holiday house in :

http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/

Location is in Auckland, part of my main house, self contained studio for people - short term tourists, new immigrants before finding permanent place to rent / buy. Most facilities provided with free WIFI broadband etc.

Today, i have russian-singapore PR staying at my holiday house, here for 2 weeks taking medical examination.

My aims: cater for affordable accommodation for new immigrants, self-help tourists wanting to find out more about this city before deciding to immigrate. Anyone here for game of golf, wanting couple of weeks accommodation and spend most of his/her time in golf course.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Car rental can be found at $30 - 50 depending on the size of the car and / or if you use the car just for Auckland driving and not for long distance touring. Those are the conditions affecting the rental price.

Worth to ring a few rental companies and compare the price. generally competitive.

Thanks, Bro.

earmosim

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is the professional job market in Auckland?

Generally, in the last yr or so, some overseas kiwi were returning due to economy downturns overseas, and causing upsurg in unemployment rates here and competitiveness in getting a job. In short, at the moment not so good.

A lot of immigrants are into business after working for people for a while. Some into cafe / restuarants business, cleaning, gardening, courier service etc. I think they do see the benefit of working for their own than working for people. having say that, the failure rates for doing business in nz is about 70% (within 3-5 yrs)

Generally, the 2nd generation immigrants ( your children) are into employments, i see some representation of asian in bankings, IT, government departments etc.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, send me your contact.. I'll take your offer! my boss will be in NZ tomorrow.. once he is back I'll start planning for mine.. :wink:

Is it against the Sam's rules to personally advertise here?

I advertise my holiday house in :

http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz/

Location is in Auckland, part of my main house, self contained studio for people - short term tourists, new immigrants before finding permanent place to rent / buy. Most facilities provided with free WIFI broadband etc.

Today, i have russian-singapore PR staying at my holiday house, here for 2 weeks taking medical examination.

My aims: cater for affordable accommodation for new immigrants, self-help tourists wanting to find out more about this city before deciding to immigrate. Anyone here for game of golf, wanting couple of weeks accommodation and spend most of his/her time in golf course.

earmosim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, send me your contact.. I'll take your offer! my boss will be in NZ tomorrow.. once he is back I'll start planning for mine.. :wink:

hi, you can fill in the form on the website, i will inform you of availability. Eg, how many guests, when coming/leaving etc. (please mention sam's forum)

At the moment is quiet fully booked until july 2010. July is wintery cold, not many people choose to travel during that time. 2011 is Rugby World Cup yr, accommodation will be on high demand.

cheers

Last edited: