• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AFF Suzuki Cup

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give the FTs a break. At least they are trying their best and not chasing only$$$$ like the table tennis merceneries... If you have seen them trying their best to go for the win in the Myanmar match you'll know what I mean. Their hunger is more than our local boys. Agu, Duric, Mustafic, they were all running their lungs out. If it is up to a team made up only of Singkees, we'll never beat a kampong team in Malaysia.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still remember how we won the first one. 1 - 0 win vs Vietnam in Vietnam. Subramani's shoulder goal :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

04/05 basically just thrashed Indon upside down

06/07 was enough better then the Vietnam win back in 98. Really win by luck Thailand run circles around us. Like watching S-league team play J-league team. We still managed to win somehow. lol!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sasikumar la...not subramani............

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
One step at a time. 15 years ago we can't even win the freaking SEA Games Football gold. Now we are 3 times champ of Asean, on par with Thailand. We almost qualify for the Asian Cup and we even beat Iran and drew with Australia. If we look at it that way, we're actually improving, it's a slow process, others are trying to improve as well but I think we're going the right direction

Many years ago, Singapore beat China and South Korea. Maybe Singapore takes 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh. thailand is knock-out already.

where is that moron that keep saying thailand will win? :biggrin:

Bryan Robson as a player is very good. As a manager really sucks. Couldn't do it with Boro, West Brom and now can't make it with thailand.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sasikumar la...not subramani............

lol!!! Too long ago, forgot liao. I know is Indian and still remember how the goal went in though :p:p:p

Many years ago, Singapore beat China and South Korea. Maybe Singapore takes 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

SG greatest victory pre-2000 was beating North Korea(something that was recorded and bragged about all the freaking time). When in the world did we beat ever South Korea. And China is a weak footballing nation pre-2000 so no we have not regress

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh. thailand is knock-out already.

where is that moron that keep saying thailand will win? :biggrin:

I think it comes as a surprise to everyone that the Thais kena knocked out. When was the last time anyone remember the Thais getting knocked out in Rd1 of any regional competition :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
the wheel of forture can change in just a few years. that s why i kept wanting to invest in properties cos its a sure bet even if my business collaspe.

maybe ten years later, vietname economy will be better than singapore. who knows? anything can happen .. philippines has traditionally been a whipping boys. When they play, they sure lose by 7-0 or 8-0 .. now they can even beat Vietnam and draw with Singapore. haha

Properties a sure bet? Nothing is a sure bet.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give the FTs a break. At least they are trying their best and not chasing only$$$$ like the table tennis merceneries... If you have seen them trying their best to go for the win in the Myanmar match you'll know what I mean. Their hunger is more than our local boys. Agu, Duric, Mustafic, they were all running their lungs out. If it is up to a team made up only of Singkees, we'll never beat a kampong team in Malaysia.

I totally agree with you :smile:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol!!! Too long ago, forgot liao. I know is Indian and still remember how the goal went in though :p:p:p

SG greatest victory pre-2000 was beating North Korea(something that was recorded and bragged about all the freaking time). When in the world did we beat ever South Korea. And China is a weak footballing nation pre-2000 so no we have not regress

In recent years, two big victories are.....

(1) Asian Cup Qualifier in 2005 - Kallang National Stadium

Singapore 2:0 Iraq

Iraq went on to win Asian Cup 2007

(2) Asian Cup Qualifier in 2009 - Kallang National Stadium

Singapore 2:1 Jordan

But Singapore did not make to Asian Cup 2011 :(

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But Singapore did not make to Asian Cup 2011 :(

Coz we freaking loss to them in the return leg. We would have qualified if we won(cant remember if we would have made it if it was a draw). The stupid match was damn Kelong. Some of the freaking SG players like Baihakki the joker played like they didn't want to win. Thinking about freaking match makes my blood boil :oIo::oIo::oIo:

Also during the match against Iran, the freaking referee also damn kelong. Every freaking decision went against us :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coz we freaking loss to them in the return leg. We would have qualified if we won(cant remember if we would have made it if it was a draw). The stupid match was damn Kelong. Some of the freaking SG players like Baihakki the joker played like they didn't want to win. Thinking about freaking match makes my blood boil :oIo::oIo::oIo:

Also during the match against Iran, the freaking referee also damn kelong. Every freaking decision went against us :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

In Mar 10... an away match at Amman decided our fate that we cannot qualified without being the host :o

Jordan 2:1 Singapore

If we held them to a draw...we would have qualified :cool:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even my sister who don't watch football still remember how Fandi Ahmad scored the winning goal against China. :smile:

It was Olympics 1980 qualifiers. The winning goal was scored by Wong Kok Choy, not Fandhi Ahamd. China was among the top Asian footballing powers then. Singapore reached the qualifying final but collapsed 0:4 to Iran. In 1982, China almost reached World Cup Finals but lost to New Zealand 1:2 in a single-leg deathmatch play-off held on neutral ground in Singapore. After that, China went downhill. It was then South Korea began to climb uphill and consistently qualify for the World Cup from 1986 onward. In the 1970s, South Korea was just slightly above Thailand and Malaysia standards playing in the Merdeka Cup tournament. Japan was still considered a joke in football.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Olympic is not senior level football lah. That one is U-21 gin nah kickabout. Senior level and U-21 level different. Even if U-21 SG can thrash Brazil U-21 10-0 no one will care