• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Advice for fresh grads: don’t join the public service

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
No no no, if can't find job, do join the Pubic Service which is the only area job protected for Sinkies. And learn to porlumpar well. It will pay off handsomely. Merit will go to the best porlumpar becoz no scholar leeder wants ka gias to outshine him/her. This is a system that has existed throughout history. To be the top dog, one must 'fix' all competing dogs.

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No no no, if can't find job, do join the Pubic Service which is the only area job protected for Sinkies. And learn to porlumpar well. It will pay off handsomely. Merit will go to the best porlumpar becoz no scholar leeder wants ka gias to outshine him/her. This is a system that has existed throughout history. To be the top dog, one must 'fix' all competing dogs.
should ask our resident porlumpar @JohnTan for his sexpert advice. Which part of (un)civil service is the best to learn to curry boss

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Civil service good. Woon Woon Jiak bee Hoon.
Actually… No… the era of Woon Woon Jiak Bee Hoon is over.
Now a days, most of the employment in civil service are offer as contract…
Only after a couple of years of contract, staffs might be offer a Prem Roles.

Some of the ppls, I heard after 10 plus years are still in contract job in civil service

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually… No… the era of Woon Woon Jiak Bee Hoon is over.
Now a days, most of the employment in civil service are offer as contract…
Only after a couple of years of contract, staffs might be offer a Prem Roles.

Some of the ppls, I heard after 10 plus years are still in contract job in civil service
Their roles are redundant anyway.

pleasehelpme120

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do civil service compare to private sector I'm terms of work environment, competition etc?

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Civil service good. Woon Woon Jiak bee Hoon.
yes i agree.

For the average joe, for the same workload, you are better paid. I strongly recommend it especially for ladies with kids. I got many friends work-life-balance in civil service + WFH annual pay all exceeding $100,000.

1. If you are in civil service, some departments have no KPI, just make sure you are not corrupted when spending money.
2. If you don't face the public, you can WFH 2-4 days a week and there're many things that you can't WFH.
3. If you are in uniformed service, your starting pay is high.
4. In civil and uniformed service, some ministries and departments are like retirement village. Every month just worry about celebrating co-lick's birthday, start work late, go home punctually.
5. If you are teachers, you have annual leave + school holidays (flexi-work period) + WFH (for secondary school HBL days)
6. If you want faster promotions, you try to join PA or grassroots. It really helps.

pleasehelpme120

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes i agree.

For the average joe, for the same workload, you are better paid. I strongly recommend it especially for ladies with kids. I got many friends work-life-balance in civil service + WFH annual pay all exceeding $100,000.

1. If you are in civil service, some departments have no KPI, just make sure you are not corrupted when spending money.
2. If you don't face the public, you can WFH 2-4 days a week and there're many things that you can't WFH.
3. If you are in uniformed service, your starting pay is high.
4. In civil and uniformed service, some ministries and departments are like retirement village. Every month just worry about celebrating co-lick's birthday, start work late, go home punctually.
5. If you are teachers, you have annual leave + school holidays (flexi-work period) + WFH (for secondary school HBL days)
6. If you want faster promotions, you try to join PA or grassroots. It really helps.
In the ministry and department that I was once in, the boss damn anal, it was nothing like u mentioned here..

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the ministry and department that I was once in, the boss damn anal, it was nothing like u mentioned here..
There are shit holes every where - many led by uninterested, DD and Ds, some play politics. Others led by wayang superiors. They don't do, they just catch the arrows and pass to u.

Some stat boards and ministries' department are retirement villages. To die for (I meant, happily work until you retire)
you need to know how to stay out of the radar.

pleasehelpme120

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are shit holes every where - many led by uninterested, DD and Ds, some play politics. Others led by wayang superiors. They don't do, they just catch the arrows and pass to u.

Some stat boards and ministries' department are retirement villages. To die for (I meant, happily work until you retire)
you need to know how to stay out of the radar.
I still got no luck finding and getting into those dept u mentioned so far. All the once ive been to was shitty ones with shitty bosses...

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bestest job is to take care of singapore's rep office of whatever stat board or ministry overseas. There are many

High reimbursement, no cheng hu, plenty of good fun and locals can't wait to go to bed u.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can not say like that...

Pope Francis commends Singapore's policies supporting the vulnerable, hopes for special attention to poor and elderly​

Pope Francis also highlighted the risk of focusing solely on pragmatism or "placing merit above all things", consequently excluding the marginalised from benefiting from progress.
Pope Francis commends Singapore's policies supporting the vulnerable, hopes for special attention to poor and elderly

Pope Francis delivering his state address at the NUS University Cultural Centre on Sep 12, 2024. (Photo: CNA/Syamil Sapari)

Listen to this article
6 min
This audio is generated by an AI tool.

Ang Hwee Min
Ang Hwee Min
12 Sep 2024 11:02AM (Updated: 12 Sep 2024 06:38PM)
BookmarkShare

SINGAPORE: Pope Francis has commended Singapore's policies to support the most vulnerable, adding that he hopes special attention will be paid to the poor and the elderly.
Speaking at a state address on Thursday (Sep 12) during his visit to Singapore, he noted that the labour of the poor and elderly members of society has laid the foundations for the country today.