• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Abolish NS for Heaven's Sake!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS call-up cancelled, then issued again -- all in 24 hours

STOMPer notagain received an SMS from his reservist unit stating his In-Camp Training (ICT) in July had been cancelled. The very next day he received an SMS for another ICT training -- for the exact same period as before.

Said the annoyed STOMPer in an email today (May 22):

"I was out yesterday when I received an SMS telling me that my scheduled ICT in July, which I had been notified of earlier, has been cancelled.

"At first I was pleased, and made plans for the time that had been freed up as a result of the cancellation.

"The next day, I was surprised to find that the ICT that had been cancelled the day before has been reinstated.

"I received a new SMS notification from my unit for an ICT training, falling on the exact same days as the previous one.

"This is ridiculous. One lapse in procedure is forgivable, but this very same problem had also happened during my last cycle as well. Notification of ICT, cancellation, then notification of ICT for the same period.

"Why can't my unit make up its mind on the matter? Do I have ICT or not?

"My job places demands on my time that I intend to fulfil. This sort of pointless rescheduling makes it hard to plan my time effectively.

"Furthermore skipping ICT counts as AWOL, a very serious offence. With heavy penalties for defaulting NS men, instructions issued by units should be clear to prevent confusion.

"I hope something can be done to tighten up procedure in future."

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP probably want to get sinkies fired from their job, then they can replaced them with FT. more FT mean HDB price goes up, mean GDP of singapore is high.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
NS call-up cancelled, then issued again -- all in 24 hours

STOMPer notagain received an SMS from his reservist unit stating his In-Camp Training (ICT) in July had been cancelled. The very next day he received an SMS for another ICT training -- for the exact same period as before.

Said the annoyed STOMPer in an email today (May 22):

"I was out yesterday when I received an SMS telling me that my scheduled ICT in July, which I had been notified of earlier, has been cancelled.

"At first I was pleased, and made plans for the time that had been freed up as a result of the cancellation.

"The next day, I was surprised to find that the ICT that had been cancelled the day before has been reinstated.

"I received a new SMS notification from my unit for an ICT training, falling on the exact same days as the previous one.

"This is ridiculous. One lapse in procedure is forgivable, but this very same problem had also happened during my last cycle as well. Notification of ICT, cancellation, then notification of ICT for the same period.

"Why can't my unit make up its mind on the matter? Do I have ICT or not?

"My job places demands on my time that I intend to fulfil. This sort of pointless rescheduling makes it hard to plan my time effectively.

"Furthermore skipping ICT counts as AWOL, a very serious offence. With heavy penalties for defaulting NS men, instructions issued by units should be clear to prevent confusion.

"I hope something can be done to tighten up procedure in future."

I once went AWOL for same reason. AWOL for Sinkapooreans, Jobs for FTrash.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
this peasant is another certified idiot.

mindef does as it pleases, serfs are serfs, they simply follow orders and not question them.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this peasant is another certified idiot.

mindef does as it pleases, serfs are serfs, they simply follow orders and not question them.

The serfs should blame the 'chicken' for wanting a male offspring, & the 'chickens' for voting for the pappies ( 66.6%).

So, he has now to spent a lifetime being 'shanghaied',,,if Ass A F@#%#@ had been efficient...we would not see these...what is new!?:rolleyes:

Just obey order, & shut up!:biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
New batches of Singaporean humans are very much defective !

They crash cars and die suddenly !

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
This prostating idiot will in all likeliness vote for the ghosts-in-white at the next GE.

Fark him....he deserves to lose his job for stupidity.