• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat A unconventional HR Director

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Article Source: http://bit.Iy/29h7Hio

You’ve read about 85-year old Uncle Goh who is quite an unconventional mature worker.

Now meet his HR Director, Mr Leslie Lenus who is just as unconventional.

We sat down with Leslie for a chat and spoke with him about his job as the Director of Talent & Culture at AccorHotels Singapore and their experience hiring mature workers.

20160623_120301.jpg

Mr Leslie Lenus​

LET’S HEAR A BIT OF YOURSELF?
I am Leslie Lenus and I’ve been with AccorHotels Singapore for the past 7 years.

HOW DOES NOVOTEL VIEW MATURE WORKERS?
The journey started of about 7 years ago when I joined. The standard policy for matured workers was a one-year contract. It was a bit lay-cheh (inconvenient)! So I suggested an open contract (workers above the age of 62 can continue on in their employment without a break) for the mature workers. Then when we came up with the collective agreement with the union, they asked if we have a re-employment policy. I said “No, we have an open contract.”

I feel if people want to work, why limit them? If they are not well, they can choose to retire.

In fact some of these mature workers are actually very good, but don’t want to work full time, because they aren’t working for the money. One of them has a daughter who is actually a Head of Department in a prestigious girls’ school.

HOW MANY WORKERS DO YOU HAVE ABOVE THE AGE OF 70?
We have 6 or 7 of them above the age of 70. We have a carpenter who is 71, our security officer is 75. Some of them have been with us for over 30 years.

Read the full article here: http://bit.Iy/29h7Hio

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone should ask this India Indian to explain the meaning of an open contract? He and NTUC really thinks that we are all dumb.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly. It means both parties can walk away at anytime. The contract will have the usual clauses such as when to turn up for work, conduct , where the pay will go to, annual, sick leave etc. When you reach 62 you are not in a position to demand things.

The Journalist was really poor in not getting this guy to explain the details or even attempting to find what an open contract means.

Open contract mean can terminate anytime without compensation ?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly. It means both parties can walk away at anytime. The contract will have the usual clauses such as when to turn up for work, conduct , where the pay will go to, annual, sick leave etc. When you reach 62 you are not in a position to demand things.
The Journalist was really poor in not getting this guy to explain the details or even attempting to find what an open contract means.
typical trait of a pariah keling in being a dbl-headed snake.
when it comes to the crunch, you can bet this "both-ways & open-ended" contract will be in favour of his hotel, not the oldies...