• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Finally the soup from the Taranabe is used to cook porridge

C22D1193-AFCA-4325-BA26-EFB1A57ED218-2018-0000022D6F244D98.jpg

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Today's slice of big mango?

Followed by some Marugo sashimi

B3E750B6-17AC-42E0-A260-2015B0ECC4EF-2018-0000021D16092F99.jpg

Maguro sashimi looks aroi bro and shishamo is done the right way, BBQ with a little bit of shio, not deep fried till death.

Wanted to post the shishamo picture but later will kenna infract by sammy.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

authentic Japanese food should go to Thaniya just next to the infamous Patpong. tucked at a corner (literally) of Thaniya known as Nabeserina.
Nice, mouth watering sashimi and kobe beef. Been 3X to 1 jap restaurant at Soi Thaniya, across 1 (forget liao)building in basement. Sit down on tatami cubicles (privacy). But your menu win hands down. Will make mental note of Nabeserina next time.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Could not find my Hong Sip thread so post here. Felt much better today. Thanks to all the advice and pm. Be very frank, deep inside, I also scared like hell. If everyday pain like this, really no meaning.

Stop using the misting function of the fan, not sure if this is the cause. Also stop drinking beer since last night. Heard from old folks that cannot take 'cold' stuff. I don't really know what is meant by cold but beer is one of them.

jw5

Loyal

Could not find my Hong Sip thread so post here. Felt much better today. Thanks to all the advice and pm. Be very frank, deep inside, I also scared like hell. If everyday pain like this, really no meaning.

Stop using the misting function of the fan, not sure if this is the cause. Also stop drinking beer since last night. Heard from old folks that cannot take 'cold' stuff. I don't really know what is meant by cold but beer is one of them.

want to find your thread, just click on your own nick/profile, and then click on "find latest started threads".

one old wife's tale is that if you are sleeping with the fan blowing at you, don't let it blow directly and use a blanket or comforter. dunno whether chun or not..........

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

want to find your thread, just click on your own nick/profile, and then click on "find latest started threads".

one old wife's tale is that if you are sleeping with the fan blowing at you, don't let it blow directly and use a blanket or comforter. dunno whether chun or not..........
Hehehe. Thanks.

Confirm Zhun. If fan blow direct, no need to wait next morning, half way through the night, the area kena blown numb liaoz. Sometimes kena cramp jia lat jia lat in the middle of the night.

Kena very often.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just had a fight with small one so quite moody today. Human jealousy most dangerous thing in the world. Anyway, love both big one and small one lah.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Better go and have my dinner liaoz. Now knees feeling much better liaoz so go out to relax a little bit. :smile:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

OK, some updates on hong sip. Think it's gone liaoz after 2 days of faithful medication. Anyone know if Hong Sip can go swimming? Also understand now suppose to eat too much 'cooling' stuff but not sure how to classify the food. For example, crab is consider cold and so is beer. Guiness stout is consider 'hot'. Never pay to much attention on this thing.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

OK, some updates on hong sip. Think it's gone liaoz after 2 days of faithful medication. Anyone know if Hong Sip can go swimming? Also understand now suppose to eat too much 'cooling' stuff but not sure how to classify the food. For example, crab is consider cold and so is beer. Guiness stout is consider 'hot'. Never pay to much attention on this thing.

its not gone, it'll never go away. Just because you don't feel pain doesn't mean it isn't there. Your pain killers are working alright that's all. Two days? No it'll takeover than that only with a lifestyle change. But you and I, we're too old to change unless something really hard knocks on our head that could frighten us. My recent numbness on my right arm had caused me great fear of a stroke. This is no joke cos family history. I stopped drinking, slept early, no more fatty food. Finally MRI revealed that its a spine problem on my neck and through simple physio exercises it will get back to normal, same night celebrate and got drunk and life's back to old habits again. Sad but true, we're too old to simply change. Anyway I'm glad this is a great morning. Took this photo at 6am. Now on my way to Sukarno airport back to Singapore for one day. Should go eat the the vege beehoon tomorrow before returning to Bangkok. Take care Pii Chon.
CA93DB60-1CDB-4797-A740-D1433D64985A-192-00000083D2A7F389.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

By the way Pii Chon, arm still numb, its been more than a month, but there's no fear. :biggrin:

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

its not gone, it'll never go away. Just because you don't feel pain doesn't mean it isn't there. Your pain killers are working alright that's all. Two days? No it'll takeover than that only with a lifestyle change. But you and I, we're too old to change unless something really hard knocks on our head that could frighten us. My recent numbness on my right arm had caused me great fear of a stroke. This is no joke cos family history. I stopped drinking, slept early, no more fatty food. Finally MRI revealed that its a spine problem on my neck and through simple physio exercises it will get back to normal, same night celebrate and got drunk and life's back to old habits again. Sad but true, we're too old to simply change. Anyway I'm glad this is a great morning. Took this photo at 6am. Now on my way to Sukarno airport back to Singapore for one day. Should go eat the the vege beehoon tomorrow before returning to Bangkok. Take care Pii Chon.
Bro, thanks for the reply though a little depressing. A little difficult to change current lifestyle unless I start working again.

Wah piangz, really Kid Teung Vege Bee Hoon and roti prata now. sianz.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

No Korean will sleep with the fan directly blowing on them. Learned this from a Korean chabor.
Google "fan death"

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Not that bad in BKK. Here now. No rain yesterday. Today some rain in the evening but not heavy. Of course I've said it, probably going to rain kow kow tomorrow

Welcome back bro. Any chance to catch a few drinks?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, weather here is quite jialat. Rain and light floodings in some areas. Also suspect the unusual high volume of rain is causing my hong sip.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
First sharing this. Discovered a Japanese Curry chain (no idea why not seen this before) was told by staff here it's in most major malls and around for 4 years. Anyway it's still not too late. Out with my staff today visiting customers I told he I'd bring her to Thaniya for authentic curry instead she asked me to go to a mall for this. It's called Cocoichibanya. Here you go:

D876109B-F5B0-4557-92C5-7BA11AD4D2A5-683-000000E11F9C827F.jpg

44CEF3BB-3D8D-4C30-BC25-47750899B035-683-000000DF48E67DE5.jpg

Hamburger Curry Rice (170 baht)

80CEAAB8-03A1-4A0F-92FC-8F432E1CB66B-683-000000DF632E07ED.jpg

Fried Chicken Omelet Curry Rice (170 baht)

6B0C075E-978E-44F3-81FB-DD54BEFE5FF0-683-000000DF9A2AA14D.jpg

See rice inside egg wrap?

323289EF-0ED8-4FC1-AC00-FE9C77D11E3C-683-000000DF7AB1722D.jpg

Side order Tongkatsu (50 baht for pork ; 45 baht for 100g curry)

93B28447-E4B6-4F5D-8B3B-86CC820D159D-683-000000DFB6DB322B.jpg

Food is pretty authentic as those found in Japan I must say except for the quality of the rice which I believe is still Japanese rice but not imported but rather grown locally.

Here's the shop located in Fashion Island Mall near my home.

DFF0E7A2-2C28-40B4-A757-2C4BAC6EA623-683-000000E242D66E6C.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is one outlet at central. You can also choose the power of your curry. Recommend to go for maximum power.