• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A* Scholar suicide over PRC girl

PAPsupporter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanx for reminding us how inhuman and insensitive PAP is.

Our great PAP government provided us with all the great extensive education for us to pick up the knowledge and skills in order for us to be dependent on our own abilities to lead a better life of our own. We should not cultivate the "everything goes wrong blame the government" attitude.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey Angelo, its called LOVE. What do you pussies know about it?...And I understand its blind.

not love lah, just plain blackmailing and pure stupidity..if you dun luv me i jump!

you wanna know what's true love, check out the bible verses 1 Corinthians 13:4

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
not love lah, just plain blackmailing and pure stupidity..if you dun luv me i jump!

you wanna know what's true love, check out the bible verses 1 Corinthians 13:4

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I don't need the Bible to have lessons about love. These commercials will do just fine!!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FSL0gAbLcQ4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FSL0gAbLcQ4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Bvy_11pxzA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Bvy_11pxzA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkoRDFjBh44&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RkoRDFjBh44&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Angelo

Alfrescian
Loyal
prc sluts good for bed and a dime a dozen hahahahha.

blockhead is fcking stupid there are so many ard

:biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So this sort of quality of scholar will be working for the govt in the future. Oh my.. i wonder what will happen to the country then.

Her should go to Thailand for a holiday and check out what real girls are.

This guy has not seen much of the world yet. I bet when he grows up ( if he is not dead) he will regret what he did.

he's dead the report said he jumped in front of the gal. Maybe he survived?:biggrin:

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
that PRC must be so good in bed or very hot & sexy that he just cannot get over her.
but an A* Scholar should easily get another one.

PAP_Die-hard_Fan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You fucking fucktard! Why you talk so fucking much to these fucking brainless motherfucking fucktards for fuck?! They are bunch of fucking fucktards that don't understand simple English!

Our great PAP government provided us with all the great extensive education for us to pick up the knowledge and skills in order for us to be dependent on our own abilities to lead a better life of our own. We should not cultivate the "everything goes wrong blame the government" attitude.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Swell, a dog is eating another dog in a dog eat dog world !! Sorry, it should be a pappy eating another pappy in a pappy eat pappy Stinkapore !!

You fucking fucktard! Why you talk so fucking much to my mother for fuck?! Are you trying to get fresh with my mother ? You fucking fucktards don't understand simple English!

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
A*Star scholar found dead at bottom of block
January 17, 2009

NP_IMAGES_NCJUMP-PUZ.jpg

TRAGEDY: The foot of the block where Mr Lin's body was found. PICTURES: LIANHE WANBAO

HE was an excellent student and was awarded a scholarship by A*Star to study physics at Cornell University for 2 1/2 years.

There, he fell in love with a girl from China, who is at another university.

But his friend, who was in the same university as the girl, also pursued her.

When the three of them returned to Singapore after graduating, the girl chose his friend instead of him.

And he could not accept this, the man's father said.

On Wednesday, Lin Zi Qiang, the A*Star scholar, fell to his death from the ninth storey of a block of Housing Board flats in Sembawang.

It happened around 1pm, at Block 407, Sembawang Drive.

He had apparently gone to the girl's flat in a last-ditch attempt to make her change her mind, Lianhe Wanbao reported.

Apparently, there was a quarrel between Mr Lin and the girl.

A neighbour, Mrs Lin, said she heard loud quarrelling on the ninth storey, as well as shouting from below the block.

The girl's boyfriend had apparently heard about what was happening and had rushed to her block.

But he was unable to prevent the tragedy.

Mr Lin's 50-year-old father, a taxi driver, rushed to the scene after hearing the news.

NP_IMAGES_NCJUMP.jpg

Lin Zi Qiang.
He said his son was supposed to serve a six-year bond with A*Star.

According to him, his son had told the girl about his feelings for her two days after Christmas.

When she rejected him, he fainted and had to be hospitalised.

Said the elder Mr Lin: 'We had no idea that he was interested in her, until we received the news that he had fainted.'

He added that his son had been going for counselling sessions after his discharge from hospital.

During a recent visit, he had told the psychiatrist that he was depressed.

'The doctor told him that he must continue taking his medication to control his moods, and not to get overly upset or agitated,' he said.

He had often advised his son to study hard, and not to be bothered by matters of the heart.

Fatherly advice

He had told him that he would have no problems finding a girlfriend after he completed his studies.

Mr Lin added that before this, he had never heard any mention of his son having a relationship with any other girl.

'After he fainted because of the China girl, I advised him to give up many times. But he could not let go of his feelings for her,' he said.

According to the elder Mr Lin, his son and his rival in love had been good friends for years.

They had known each other since secondary school, and had gone to a top junior college.

'Both of them went for their US studies together, and although they were in different universities, they kept in touch and looked after each other... how they fell for the same girl is so unexpected,' he said.

Mr Lin's mother, a housewife, broke down at the scene.

He leaves his parents, two older sisters and a younger brother.

An A*Star spokesman said they had been informed about the tragedy, and they had expressed their condolences to the family and were helping them in this difficult time, reported Lianhe Wanbao.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
But his friend, who was in the same university as the girl, also pursued her.

When the three of them returned to Singapore after graduating, the girl chose his friend instead of him.

And he could not accept this, the man's father said.

My condolences.

BUT could not take a rejection? Are our kids that soft?

Sad indeed.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sad case really.

how come counselling and medications did not help him or help to prevent such a tragedy?

was he adequately treated?

Naturefarm2

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you die for a beauty, it might still worth it.
Look at the woman face, i think we will not even turn our head for her.
i think in 2 week time, they will forget about him and leave the Man's Parent agony for the rest of their life.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
So this sort of quality of scholar will be working for the govt in the future. Oh my.. i wonder what will happen to the country then.

Her should go to Thailand for a holiday and check out what real girls are.

This guy has not seen much of the world yet. I bet when he grows up ( if he is not dead) he will regret what he did.

That was my exact same point in the previous Sammyboy forum.

It is very dangerous to let loose twenty somethings and allow them to research, plan and direct national policies even when they aren't old enough to wipe themselves behind the ears. We are famous for co-opting dozens of scholars for formulating national policies.

The ministers are there to rubber stamp cos they themselves don't understand what these scholars are talking about most of the time. Just like WKS, most are busy covering their asses.

Back to those idiot scholars.....they have not tasted 'salt' yet but trying to be smart.

If we continue with this way of doing things. we are doomed.

etherc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well zombies make good workers. In Haiti, the hougans will never feed their zombies salt. It keeps them obedient =). As long as they work, its all good.