• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Nation no more?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manifestion of this first emerged when parents in neighbourhood schools started talking about overaged foreign students emerging at top of the standard. This was some 10 years. These kids were actually 2 years older than their cohort.

The reason they were placed in classes that were up to 2 years in junior to their age was their poor command of english. Naturally being 2 years more mature, they would outperform most kids who are 2 years younger in other subjects.

Then there was the case of the 14 year vietnamese "man" who was competing in School athletics programme beating the tiny tots in the sprint and short distance events and interesting not in the long distance event where long legs does not necessary mean an advantage compared to short distances. Key to that episode was that he displayed maturity not associated with that of 14 years.

Maybe the humane thing for the PAP is to shoot all Singaporeans that they believe can't contribute to the PAP vision of a nation. That will put them out of their misery and not go through life and NS thinking that those whose roots are in Singapore and have come from a generation of Singapore citizens actually have a stake in this country and have some reasonable advantage compared to foreigners.

Then comes the story below. If I was JJC PE teacher or principal, I cover my head with a paperbag and tell my family not to reveal my vocation and name.

http://kentridgecommon.com/?p=3751

Warning signs of unhappy sentiments against foreigners
By Kelvin Teo ⋅ June 2, 2009

⋅ Print This Story ⋅ Email This Story ⋅ Share (Facebook) ⋅ Post a comment
SINGAPORE - Last week, the National Inter-school ‘A’ division badminton finals featured a showdown between Jurong Junior College (JJC) and Raffles Institution (RJC). What was supposed to be a simple final duel between 2 schools ended up being polarized into a Singapore versus China showdown. How did that happen? The boys’ and girls’ teams from RJC consisted of Singaporeans, while the girls’ team line-up from JJC wholly consisted of Chinese nationals. Of the 7 members in the JJC boys’ team, 4 were from China, 1 from South Korea and 2 were Singaporeans.

JJC made history with its first appearance in a badminton final. However, the line-up of its teams came under heavy criticism, and there were hints of unhappy sentiments. Vice-captain of the Anglo-Chinese Junior College (ACJC) badminton team, John Low, echoed the sentiments of his team:”‘It’s unfair and we do feel a little resentful.” RJC coach Hamid Khan agreed with Low’s unfair assessment, adding that there should have been a cap in the number of foreign players allowed to participate. Others felt that a cap in number of foreign players would have the advantage of improving sporting standards without adversely affecting the participation of local players. The polarized contest between Singapore and China was summed up by Lim Boon Tiong, an RJC reserve player:”A lot of us feel like we’re playing for Singapore, not just Raffles”.

The resentment went to the level that even supporters from ACJC cheered on RJC. This is a thought that any ACSian in his right frame of mind would never ever entertain given the rivalry between ACS and Raffles. The fact that the former cheered for the latter just showed how polarized the contest is, which transcended inter-school rivalries.

Such unhappy sentiments were reminiscent of those expressed in the wake of the open door policy, which opened the floodgates for waves of foreign employees into our work force. These sentiments were expressed occasionally in our very own Straits Times forums, and online in blogs and other popular Internet forums. Like those who were concerned over the badminton showdown between JJC and RJC, there were repeated calls to exercise a strict cap or quota on the number of foreign employees a company can hire. Like local badminton players losing out on the opportunity to represent their school, local employees fear losing their rice bowls to foreign employees. If the calls remained unheeded, such unhappy sentiments against foreigners will rear its ugly head. The events at the badminton final provided a stark reminder to all.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
womenprivateparts1.jpg

Singaporean men and women gets this everyday !

Singapore men by government and Singaporean women by foriegners .

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO MORE. NO MORE. JUST A PLACE N STEPPING BACK 30 YRS.

Before
the influx of foreigners some 30yrs back, all Nat.sportsmen/women were mainly home bred. And they did well in this region. Now, even soccer,rugby.table-tennis,badminton, athletics,need foreigners. Archery. tennis. shooting, waterpolo, bowling doesnt need them.
Whats happenning ?? The policy making by the respective committees ??
Imagine, all these places taken by foreigners denied our LOCAL a place.

I start with Rugby...............From colonial white to All-Local and now back to
Pre-Independent. The highest ranking Sgp ever attained were in 1978, led by Song Koon Poh, being third in Asia, behind Jpn n Korea. Now, development hv been a success , watching ACS, RI,Saints,etc. playing in school competition.
Locals are badly needed up to 23 yrs. After that, expats are brought-in to replace locals. While we say that the best are needed, yes it is. But by what or which way were these players brought in to rep. Sgp., given that they travel to HK,Korea,Kazakhstan in Aust, Brit passport ?????? Let alone sing Nat. anthem??

Its a shame to see recently that only 4-5 locals were fielded, and the rest sidelined at YCK Stadium. There is no excuse of local being small n light, though
disadvantaged.
The way I see it, locals can play up to Under 23 level.

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the same scenario you see in Olympics. Just see table tennis during Olympics, or maybe badminton, it's just PRCs vs PRCs. Long lost was the passion you had when you last saw the true blue citizens fighting for their own country and doing their nation proud. The difference now is that we are starting to see even in schools. What's there to cheer about? Anyway, guess it's something we have to live with globalisation.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why we have prejudice over the teens from China or other countries? As long as they deem Singapore is their Nation, and they serve National Service, I will personally welcome and accept these people.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
You kidding?...the ang moh will renounce all carnal pleasures and check himself into a monastry high up in TIBET!:p

I think more like the plus size ang mo's dick will shrivel up and fall off upon contact with that acid cunt.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder why we have prejudice over the teens from China or other countries? As long as they deem Singapore is their Nation, and they serve National Service, I will personally welcome and accept these people.
If they serve NS , i think it perfectly all right ! But the problem is tat once they get what they want , they will just scott off to US , Aussie and some even go back China and retire there.

So what good do they conrtibute to a city state like Singapre ?