• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

79-year-old S'pore PR critically ill during Seoul holiday, but insurance firm refuses to cover costs

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you implying that insurance companies know about this and still chose to sell you a product which won’t benefit you? Are you also implying that insurance companies are a bunch of degenerate filthy greedy scumbags who will sell their mothers for practically nothing?
Insurance companies are under no obligation to ensure that you bought the right product. Only when a claim is made will they start investigating if they are obligated to pay in the first place. essentially, the insured must do his own due diligence when buying a policy.

A Singaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does he become a PR ? If he is a foreigner, PAP would have sent a plane to evacuate him as he is here to create good jobs for Sinkies.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have preexisting illnesses (sorry can't disclose here as it is privacy) based on what my doctor told me. So I was advised to buy pre existing coverage for travel insurance.

Because my work (covered by office travel insurance) or leisure travels are usually in Asia, I bought the Income PreEx coverage annual plan which is about $800 per year.

It breaks even after about 6 to 7 trips in Asia per year (compared to buying single trip PreEx which is more expensive if you leave the country very often).

So don't be penny wise pound foolish when it comes to travel insurance. What's the point of buying a non PreEx coverage when you can't claim at all.
i'm not aware of any other insurance company offering pre-existing cover other than Income. is yours from Income?

LaoHongBiscuit

Stupidman
Loyal
i'm not aware of any other insurance company offering pre-existing cover other than Income. is yours from Income?
Only Income offers Pre Ex. That's what I know after researching all the travel insurance available. At least they put it on their Income App. Other travel insurance very mafan. Income Travel insurance more convenient.