• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

75 yr old lady pick cardboards for a living for 10 years

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now Madam Neo used to be a housewife. Her husband was a hawker selling Fried Hokkien Mee at the Lorong 5 market nearby and they had 2 children. Unfortunately for her, Mr Neo passed away 10 years ago from a heart attack. Their elder son had died a few years earlier of a road traffic accident. Madam Neo’s younger son, who was mildly retarded was unable to hold a proper job. To compound matters, he had diabetes and was partially blind in the right eye.

Madam Neo had been holding a few odd jobs to support her son for the past 10 years since her husband’s demise including picking up cardboards around the estate to sell. In the past, when the price of 1kg of used cardboard is about 15 cents, she can earn up to S$ 7 to S$8 a day. Now, she hardly earned more than S$5. To make things worse, she suffered from severe osteoarthritis of her knees which made her movements difficult. Of course you don’t expect her to afford a knee replacement when she has problems feeding herself and her son.

Read the true story here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/15/a...n-selling-cardboards-for-10-years-to-survive/

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The usual crap from DIV 1 is:

"The gov has in place scheme to assist the needy......if Mdm Neo could kindly contact..blah blah blah...."

:oIo::oIo::oIo:P A P...H E R E...MY :oIo: UP...Y O U R..A R S E...:oIo::oIo::oIo:

hunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the past, when the price of 1kg of used cardboard is about 15 cents, she can earn up to S$ 7 to S$8 a day. Now, she hardly earned more than S$5.

That's at least 30kg a day.

Poor old lady has to haul 30 kg of cardboard a day. No wonder her knee got problem.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it was Oz, both she and her son would get welfare from the govt and the old lady need not pick up cardboards. But what to do? This is Sinkeeland where if you are not rich, an elite scholar, a white horse or an FT, you are just trash.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
phpWGPp3S.jpg

But that Ah Poh is still better off in my Leegime than in Cambodia, right? *hee*hee*

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
MIW : can work till old age, good, very good ! now u 75 only, hope u can work till 80 *grin* yr husband died of heart attack, ate too much fried hokkien mee ? cannot ... must take multivitamins, like me hee hee ... your knee, no worries, come to my class C wards & my MO/houseman will attend to u ... hope u have learnt mandarin ? cos they're from PRC & they can't speak your dialect ... dunno mandarin ? i gave u so many years to learn yet u didnt manage ... oh well *pissed *

:mad:

xdecepticon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Madam Neo had been holding a few odd jobs to support her son for the past 10 years since her husband’s demise including picking up cardboards around the estate to sell.

Hmm...and nowadays bet she had to compete with those F/T Prc garung guni man too. Real sad.

Dan Now

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

You have a big heart.

The only way now to make the cheng hu understand their duties and obligations to the people is to make sure that they lose their job in the next election.

No amount of persuasion will be forceful enough to make them wake up their idea.

Dan

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only way now to make the cheng hu understand their duties and obligations to the people is to make sure that they lose their job in the next election.

No amount of persuasion will be forceful enough to make them wake up their idea.

Dan

Agree with you 100%.