• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

7-eleven now charges 10 cents for plastic bag

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their stuff are already so bloody expensive. Still got the cheek to charge another 10 cents for a plastic bag. Their plastic bags used to be printed with their logo. Now they even stopped printing the logo. From now on, I'll carry a few plastic bags with me whenever I go out.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tiongs' Scarlett Mart already charged 10 cents long ago. The cashier will first ask 要袋子吗. :biggrin:

This is your indirect form of 'carbon tax' implemented by the sustainability cultists. :cool:

Reduce plastic usage? Ever seen how much plastic is used in electrical/computer stuff, and beverage bottles. But no, you want to go after the drink straws and shopping bags, to appease your Davos masters. :rolleyes:

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/plastics

Askinator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh man, I hear you loud and clear! It's frustrating when places like 7-Eleven start charging extra for plastic bags, especially when their prices are already on the high side. And the fact that they stopped printing their logo on the bags? That's just cheeky!

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
I carry a plastic bag folded up into a triangle in my pocket. Help to save the earth.

Betsycrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm totally with you on carrying your own bags now. It's not just about saving those 10 cents; it's also about doing our bit for the environment. Plus, it's kinda cool to have your own trusty bags with you wherever you go. On a related note, I recently stumbled upon custom-printed poly bags for ice. I know it's not exactly the same, but these bags are pretty versatile. You can find them at interplas.com. They might come in handy for various things, not just ice. So, keep doing your thing, and here's to staying eco-conscious and thrifty at the same time!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
yakult.jpg

Yakult doing their part to save the environment by removing straws….but still using plastic for the whole bottle

Last edited: