• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

69-year-old single mum in S’pore needs S$68k to continue cancer treatment

Les grossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
1724048696664.png

Single mother in Singapore requires S$68,000 for cancer treatment​

The daughter of a single mum has started a Give.Asia fundraiser f0r her ongoing surgeries and cancer treatment.

Susan Fiesta is a 69-year-old single mum and grandmother who is currently battling cancer, which has spread to her lungs.

Her daughter Bavie is looking to raise S$68,000 for her medical treatment.

69-year-old single mother diagnosed with cancer​

According to Give.Asia, Bavie Fiesta is one of Susan’s two daughters.

Susan is also “a proud grandmother of two” and she is described as having been the backbone of their family.

However, while Susan was in Singapore in 2019, she was diagnosed with colon cancer.

“Her doctor at Sengkang clinic recommended surgery, which she underwent in the Philippines. She bravely stayed there for six months, enduring chemotherapy and radiation,” Bavie said.

Through a long-term visa, Susan was able to return to Singapore from the Philippines for two years, and she was in remission after her treatment back home.

1724048787751.png

But in 2023, a CT scan revealed a spot on both her lungs. At the time, Bavie said the doctor advised monitoring it since it was small and stable.

However, in May 2024, a CT scan showed that the spot had grown, and her doctor advised immediate surgery to remove it. Without the necessary funds, however, the family had to turn to Give.Asia.

Succesfully raised funds for 1st surgery but require more​

The family managed to raise enough funds thanks to Give.Asia, and the first half of Susan’s surgery was completed on 18 June.

”This significant step towards her recovery wouldn’t have been possible without your generous support,” Bavie said. “However, we are still far from reaching our target amount.”

She explained that not only were the hospital bills for the first procedure higher than expected, they also need to raise funds for the next surgery.

Currently, the family has raised over S$9,000, but this is still far short of their S$68,000 target.

You can check out the fundraiser here.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
And should she get well, and if she gets well, how much she will need to beg to keep her living on?

And presents for her boyfriends?

And cookies for her friends ???

main-qimg-873d4786b27ef2425d1098769208b896

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
We hope those who can really afford to share, can do abit to help other fellow human who is really in need of help to work thru the rough patch in their life.

It is not easy to go thru as I have been there before. Do a bit for temple free kitchen is a good way to start.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
We hope those who can really afford to share, can do abit to help other fellow human who is really in need of help to work thru the rough patch in their life.

It is not easy to go thru as I have been there before. Do a bit for temple free kitchen is a good way to start.
One thing is we can't possibly be helping the whole world who needed help.
So how do we determine who and when to help?
For me is, when I stumbled upon as I don't go around finding targets to help.
I also doesn't believe by giving donations I can then be luckier to win more money or don't fall sick.
Simply means can help just help.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
View attachment 204529

Single mother in Singapore requires S$68,000 for cancer treatment​

The daughter of a single mum has started a Give.Asia fundraiser f0r her ongoing surgeries and cancer treatment.

Susan Fiesta is a 69-year-old single mum and grandmother who is currently battling cancer, which has spread to her lungs.

Her daughter Bavie is looking to raise S$68,000 for her medical treatment.

69-year-old single mother diagnosed with cancer​

According to Give.Asia, Bavie Fiesta is one of Susan’s two daughters.

Susan is also “a proud grandmother of two” and she is described as having been the backbone of their family.

However, while Susan was in Singapore in 2019, she was diagnosed with colon cancer.

“Her doctor at Sengkang clinic recommended surgery, which she underwent in the Philippines. She bravely stayed there for six months, enduring chemotherapy and radiation,” Bavie said.

Through a long-term visa, Susan was able to return to Singapore from the Philippines for two years, and she was in remission after her treatment back home.

View attachment 204530

But in 2023, a CT scan revealed a spot on both her lungs. At the time, Bavie said the doctor advised monitoring it since it was small and stable.

However, in May 2024, a CT scan showed that the spot had grown, and her doctor advised immediate surgery to remove it. Without the necessary funds, however, the family had to turn to Give.Asia.

Succesfully raised funds for 1st surgery but require more​

The family managed to raise enough funds thanks to Give.Asia, and the first half of Susan’s surgery was completed on 18 June.

”This significant step towards her recovery wouldn’t have been possible without your generous support,” Bavie said. “However, we are still far from reaching our target amount.”

She explained that not only were the hospital bills for the first procedure higher than expected, they also need to raise funds for the next surgery.

Currently, the family has raised over S$9,000, but this is still far short of their S$68,000 target.

You can check out the fundraiser here.
SO this one is filipina

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a big problem with radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
It may kill the initial cancer but body became so weak another cancer will sprout out. Normally stage 4 patients will end up like this. Another chemo session will not work as it will weaken the patient even more.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing is we can't possibly be helping the whole world who needed help.
So how do we determine who and when to help?
For me is, when I stumbled upon as I don't go around finding targets to help.
I also doesn't believe by giving donations I can then be luckier to win more money or don't fall sick.
Simply means can help just help.
Ultimately,a little kind act goes a lomg way :smile:
Enjoy

Truthspeak

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a big problem with radiotherapy and chemotherapy.
It may kill the initial cancer but body became so weak another cancer will sprout out. Normally stage 4 patients will end up like this. Another chemo session will not work as it will weaken the patient even more.
Hospitals should not be the place to go to if one still want to live longer.

There are natural remedies that “cure” cancers. Hospitals are meant for the sheeple to donate their lives.

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
Thanks for the info. Done.
Every cents count.
View attachment 204536

I make regular donations all over the world regardless of nations.
Just play a small part when I can help abit I just help lor.
Keep taking money from sg pool just give back some.

I only help people who are sicked and in need of money.
Very cham one having to worry about sickness and money, both for the patient and their family.

I never let anyone in real life know about my regular donations.
Not even the closest person.
Only in sbf.

@ginfreely the demon woman will be jealous by your generosity