• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

54 per cent of 1,300 respondents indicated 'No' to their wife, daughter and mother NS

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Second Minister for Defence Ng Eng Hen had replied, 'The Singapore Armed Forces will
not draft women for national service because there are no operational needs to justify
doing so.' -- ST PHOTO: LIM WUI LIANG

ngenghen-04.jpg

SINGAPOREAN men are divided in their opinions on whether women should volunteer for
NS, according to an online poll conducted by The Straits Times on Thursday.
When asked 'Would you be supportive of your daughter, wife or mother volunteering for NS?',
54 per cent of 1,300 respondents indicated 'No'.
The poll was created in response to Nominated MP Viswa Sadasivan's call to let women
volunteer for NS, made in Parliament earlier this week.
Second Minister for Defence Ng Eng Hen had replied: 'The Singapore Armed Forces will not
draft women for national service because there are no operational needs to justify doing so.'
On Facebook and Twitter, Straits Times readers debated the pros and cons of having women
don green fatigue. Among them was Mr Melvin Hoe, who wrote: 'I'd venture a guess that NS
helps to forge a sense of national identity. What's the use of only inculcating this in the males
then?' Echoing him was Mr Yue Sern Mok, who wrote: 'Girls have always asked for equal rights
accorded to them. So why can't they also do NS?' Speaking up for the ladies was
Ms Geraldine Tan, who wrote: 'If us girls have to take up arms to protect ourselves, on top of
the cooking, washing, having babies and having a career, we need men because...?'

because of our sperm that you do not have .

jw5

Loyal
Re: 54 per cent of 1,300 respondents indicated 'No' to their wife, daughter and mothe

How about drafting them to do voluntary and social work?
At least get them to know how to do some basic housework.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 54 per cent of 1,300 respondents indicated 'No' to their wife, daughter and mothe

Learn masak masak from machiks machiks lah.... Most of SG women really dunno how to cook 1 leh....

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

draft them in to carry their barang barang lah. aiyo
no need maids lor.:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal

Learn masak masak from machiks machiks lah.... Most of SG women really dunno how to cook 1 leh....

Some even don't know how to sweep or mop!
I had to show an ex gf how to iron clothes!

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

draft them in to carry their barang barang lah. aiyo
no need maids lor.:biggrin:

You do that and those wimps will end up carrying their full packs AND their gfs' handbags!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some even don't know how to sweep or mop!
I had to show an ex gf how to iron clothes!
You got teach her how to cap or not? whahahahaha :biggrin:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good ideas. Compulsory for female 2 year to do social work and house keeping training.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

Second Minister for Defence Ng Eng Hen: 'The Singapore Armed Forces will not draft women for national service because there are no operational needs to justify doing so.'

When asked 'Would you be supportive of your daughter, wife or mother volunteering for NS?',
54 per cent of 1,300 respondents indicated 'No'.

The other 46% must have come from the opposition voters, who are simply anti-PAP.

When PAP ministers say "Yes", they must say "No". So, they want their daughters, wives, sisters, mothers and grandmothers to serve National Service. This is called opposition for opposition sake!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

The other 46% must have come from the opposition voters, who are simply anti-PAP.

When PAP ministers say "Yes", they must say "No". So, they want their daughters, wives, sisters, mothers and grandmothers to serve National Service. This is called opposition for opposition sake!

Living must be a daily challenge for you given the ease with which you get all worked up. Is there a breakdown of the 46% who voted "yes"? What empirical data do you have to prove that all opposition voters are dogmatically anti-PAP? Without any attempt at understanding matters, you're just inventing enemies when there are none. It can't be good for the blood pressure, I think.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Although I enjoyed my NS time, I would select no NS for women AND men.

NS should be optional.

Cheers!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Although I enjoyed my NS time, I would select no NS for women AND men.

NS should be optional.

Cheers!

NS if PAPzis restrict FTrash, abolish NS if PAPzis prefer giving out citizenship like toilet paper to FTrash

You either believe in a country where its people take care of one another or you believe in a globalised, free-market without national interests. I prefer the latter which is why I'm for the abolition of National Slavery.

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

NS if PAPzis restrict FTrash, abolish NS if PAPzis prefer giving out citizenship like toilet paper to FTrash

You either believe in a country where its people take care of one another or you believe in a globalised, free-market without national interests. I prefer the latter which is why I'm for the abolition of National Slavery.

Yes. Nobody can do anything about it - globalisation. It is fully underway whether one likes it or not. It was working its way, slowly at first (Far East India Company?), and then during the last two decades, with the internet and jet engine, it just exploded. Corporations, not nations, rule.

Sg should allow dual (or multi) citizenship.

Cheers!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. Nobody can do anything about it - globalisation. It is fully underway whether one likes it or not. It was working its way, slowly at first (Far East India Company?), and then during the last two decades, with the internet and jet engine, it just exploded. Corporations, not nations, rule.

Sg should allow dual (or multi) citizenship.

Cheers!

I know it's cliched but imagine there's no countries. Corporations may rule but no one's dumb enough to believe they give a damn about social responsibility. And because people are cynical about corporations, corporations could never entice the people to give up their freedoms, rights and powers in the name of the common good. With corporations, it's all business. No one would sacrifice his life to protect a corporation. Hong Kong is the finest example of this commercial, asocial utopia that I'm talking about.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

I know it's cliched but imagine there's no countries. Corporations may rule but no one's dumb enough to believe they give a damn about social responsibility. And because people are cynical about corporations, corporations could never entice the people to give up their freedoms, rights and powers in the name of the common good. With corporations, it's all business. No one would sacrifice his life to protect a corporation. Hong Kong is the finest example of this commercial, asocial utopia that I'm talking about.

That the dark truth about corporations. Entities (which humans have created) with the rights of ownership (like a human being), but without a conscience (unlike a human). They are mobile (like human), but do not have emotional attachments (unlike a human).

And they outlive humans.

My cousin (who is religious) once told me, city life is not good, we belong in an agrarian society. I wish we could go back to that.

Cheers!

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

i say yes.

we can have a unit of comfort women. I think it would be nice.

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

Living must be a daily challenge for you given the ease with which you get all worked up. Is there a breakdown of the 46% who voted "yes"? What empirical data do you have to prove that all opposition voters are dogmatically anti-PAP? Without any attempt at understanding matters, you're just inventing enemies when there are none. It can't be good for the blood pressure, I think.

I supposed you are not a green horn here. Stay longer and you don't even have to be rational. Almost every thread will have an element of anti-PAP, anti-gahment, anti-Singapore. I am here to liven things up a bit - to raise even higher those who already suffer from hypertension with their anti-PAP anti-gahment phobia syndrome.

Inventing enemies? You must be living in delusion. If you are not voting for the most effective party or person, whom then you vote? The Pope?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

Although I enjoyed my NS time, I would select no NS for women AND men. NS should be optional.
Cheers!

Like in any activity involving a large scale population, there will always be some who are whiners, some who benefit immensely and some going through the mill, float with he stream type. Knowing what NS is all about, attitude becomes important. Parents support is essential. Some parents believe that it is good for their sons; others think their precious son is different from all others.

Doing NS is no fantastic deal - it's a passage for all male Singaporeans. Nike says Just do it!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hong Kong is the finest example of this commercial, asocial utopia that I'm talking about.

Utopia you must be crazy . You went as tourist . You never know their hardship .
Their unemployed ruffians protecting turfs and businesses .

Talking through your tourist eyes I must say .