• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

27-year-old grassroots leader dies in road accident

T

TuaBui

27-year-old grassroots leader dies in road accident

By lim yan liang

A 27-year-old grassroots leader on his way to work was killed on Tuesday when a refrigerated truck knocked him down at a road junction in Clementi.

The body of Mr Sivaprakash Pathmanathan, a part-time telemarketer, was caught in the wheels of the truck and dragged for several metres.

Rescue tools were used to extricate his body from the rear wheels of the truck, the Singapore Civil Defence Force said on Wednesday.

Two other people were also injured in the 6.30pm accident at the junction of Clementi Avenue 6 and Clementi Loop, and have been hospitalised.

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The body of Mr Sivaprakash Pathmanathan, a part-time telemarketer, was caught in the wheels of the truck and dragged for several metres.

one of the worst ways to die.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
018d7b9b.jpg

Mr Nathan, 60, was supposed to meet his eldest son, Mr Siva Prakash, 27, at IMM shopping centre in Jurong East for dinner on Tuesday.

But his son did not turn up, and repeated calls to his mobile phone went unanswered.

About an hour later, his sister phoned to tell him that his niece had met with a road accident, so he rushed to the National University Hospital.

It was only then that Mr Nathan learnt his son, who had recently graduated from UniSim, had been killed after he was hit by a lorry at the junction of Clementi Loop and Clementi Avenue 6 at about 6.30pm.

Mr Siva’s 24-year-old female cousin and a 45-year-old female pedestrian were injured in the accident.

Read the full report in The New Paper on Thursday (Nov 8).

kt88_2

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very big blow to his father:(
Look at the picture heart also cold:(

Sometimes things are weird,the grass root belong to the garment,and garment approves import of foregn n also licence conversion,n this happen ,supporters of this policy get killed,who to blame,i even seen with my oweyes indian couple use our roads outside a primary coaching the wife to drive in a 2nd hand toyota.Knn,endanger p lives,this is wat i call kopi licence,when knn we have to pays a few thousands for a licence.look at the recent bus cases.pui the garment.o

T

TuaBui

"Mr Nathan, 60, was supposed to meet his eldest son, Mr Siva Prakash, 27, at IMM shopping centre in Jurong East for dinner on Tuesday."

the best is for the father of the deceased to sue LTA and McDonald and
the Truck company Jilat Jilat !!!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
only in singapore you can get run over at a pedestrain crossings of a traffic junction.

hi there

1. i guess you have not seen anything in chineyland.
2. honest, everything can happen on its roads.
3. just like some wild cowboy town scenario, no-rule applies hoh!
4. pedestrian crossings, traffic junction or things.
5. nobody seems to bother!

Last edited:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was only then that Mr Nathan learnt his son, who had recently graduated from UniSim, had been killed after he was hit by a lorry at the junction of Clementi Loop and Clementi Avenue 6 at about 6.30pm.

Mr Nathan must be feeling very very sad. :o

May Siva Prakash rest in peace. :(

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only in singapore you can get run over at a pedestrain crossings of a traffic junction.

hi there
1. i guess you have not seen anything in chineyland.
2. honest, everything can happen on its roads.
3. just like some wild cowboy town scenario, no-rule applies hoh!
4. pedestrian crossings, traffic junction or things.
5. nobody seems to bother!

Bro tualingong & streetsmart73, not only in Singapore and China. Pedestrains do get ran over at traffic junction all over the world. :o :(

But I must agree with Bro streetsmart73 in that I have seen more of it in China than anywhere in the world. The "fuzzy logic" traffic is frigthening. Pedestrains give way to vehicles even when the pedestrains has the right of way. :mad: :mad:

T

TuaBui

"Mr Nathan, 60, was supposed to meet his eldest son, Mr Siva Prakash, 27, at IMM shopping centre in Jurong East for dinner on Tuesday."

That road there very badly lighted .

Siva Prakash and friends might be wearing dark clothings made it worse .