• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

20 Years Jail if you Bribe MY Traffic Police

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any brother here frequent the NS highway better take note.

You are liable for 20 Years Jail if you try to push that RM50 to the traffic cop.

I suggest you record the conversation in case he insist for money and turn around to charge your for bribery.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Better don't try to bribe at all.

Now the bribe is not weigh to the traffic fines but to the 20 years jail sentence.

So, if you push less then RM50, they may not be happy and may demand RM1000 or you will be charge for trying to bribe!

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best legal defense is to argue that was not bribing traffic police but had only suffered an enforcement extortion and reluctantly complied with corrupted matas.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One common misconception is that there is art to bribing the Malaysian Cops. Its the very same cops that take part in the sting operation. Its to give a semblence of order and good governance. These sting operations occur yearly when Mahathir first mooted it.

Its best to pay the fine.

I sometimes hear people telling how you look at the body language, use cryptic language, put the money in the book etc. When it is a sting, all that goes out of the window.