• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2 brothers killed by cement truck: Driver charged

I_hv_adream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyway good to hear that the mother of 2 forgave the driver as she believed he was suffering too.

I wish her well.

The driver of the cement truck which ran over two brothers near a road junction in Tampines has been charged with causing their deaths.

57-year-old Munir Mohd Naim is standing trial to causing the deaths of Nigel Yap Yew Cheong, 13, and Donavan Yap Teck Siong, 7, by a negligent act at the traffic light cross-junction of Tampines Avenue 9 and Tampines Street 45 on Jan 28, reported The Straits Times.

Nigel was cycling and taking his younger brother -- who was riding pillion -- home after school when they were hit by the cement mixer at about 5.40pm.

Munir Mohd allegedly failed to keep a proper lookout while making a left turn from Tampines Avenue 9 into Street 45 when the traffic light was showing "green" in his favour.

The accident hit the boys' parents hard. An earlier report wrote that their father felt he had to 'pay for the driver's mistake' while their mother, Madam Suliani Ang, was initially angry with the driver.

However, she forgave him as she believed he was suffering too.

At the funeral, some 600 people -- made up of friends, relatives and strangers -- turned up to bid the two brothers a final farewell.

Later, a candlelight vigil was held near the junction where tragedy struck, with 300 well-wishers taking a walk with lit candles in their palms.

Despite already forgiving the cement driver, their parents 'could not bring themselves' to attend the vigil, said the boys' aunt, Ms Pauline Yap.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/1882538/2_brothers_killed_by_cement_truck_driver_charged.html

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf a fucking shit skin kills 2 young boys and the parents forgive him?

What if he was a tiong or chinese sinkie driver?

Anyway also shows how chinese ppl are much kinder. Suppose a chinese driver killed 2 m&d boys or keling boys no way the parents would forgive him.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait what?! They took 6 months to just charge him??

Did the driver did any wrong?

In light was GREEN in his favor.

In fact it should be the parents of the 2 brothers who should be CHARGED for not teaching them to use the road properly and with caution, short of charging the two freaking boys for the cause of the accident.

In any case, if twit like you don't know.

Failure to keep a proper lookout is a lame way to blame anyone for any accident.

Of course with respect to the case where Asst Commissioner of Income Tax, who killed a 14 year old boy who was crossing the road, she was termed to be keeping a proper look out but it was the boy who failed to do so!

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the driver did any wrong?

In light was GREEN in his favor.

In fact it should be the parents of the 2 brothers who should be CHARGED for not teaching them to use the road properly and with caution, short of charging the two freaking boys for the cause of the accident.

In any case, if twit like you don't know.

Failure to keep a proper lookout is a lame way to blame anyone for any accident.

Of course with respect to the case where Asst Commissioner of Income Tax, who killed a 14 year old boy who was crossing the road, she was termed to be keeping a proper look out but it was the boy who failed to do so!

The purpose of charging him is so the courts can determine if he did something wrong you twit!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The purpose of charging him is so the courts can determine if he did something wrong you twit!

Balls to you

You don't even know the way how the Pappy operate their Courts and the rules which their poodles do their work.

If they do intend to charge, they had already referred to the AG for advice as to what to do.

This is NOT a coroner hearing as to determine something or what thing was wrong.

Being charged means the accused got to enter a plead.

If you do not know how Sinkie legal system work.

Shut the fuck up if issue like these do pop up.

twit

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The way I am looking at it..both the driver & the two kids that died were at fault...especially the kids, I am very sure they were in a great hurry to reach home, before their mum go to work at MacDonald's...& have you people seen kids riding their bicycles these days??

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the mother is a good woman...she has found enough strength to move on and forgive because hatred and vengeance would have just made the memories of the 2 boys' short lives a very sad and bitter ones for everyone they left behind....

RIP boys....Nigel and Donavan....

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Balls to you

You don't even know the way how the Pappy operate their Courts and the rules which their poodles do their work.

If they do intend to charge, they had already referred to the AG for advice as to what to do.

This is NOT a coroner hearing as to determine something or what thing was wrong.

Being charged means the accused got to enter a plead.

If you do not know how Sinkie legal system work.

Shut the fuck up if issue like these do pop up.

twit

Ye, that's what i said, chickenshit.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where is the photo?

102844__1359446684.jpg

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ye, that's what i said, chickenshit.

Balls to you, again.

You want me to re-type your pervious fucking post up there so that you can read and re-read what you have typed.

Words captured in black and white and ass hole like you still go on a denial.

Fucking pathetic loser in life.

Don't make me laugh as to what kind of laws you fucking know or even can know how it is applied.

Twit.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway also shows how chinese ppl are much kinder. Suppose a chinese driver killed 2 m&d boys or keling boys no way the parents would forgive him.

Yawn.....Macam tape recorder. Blah blah blah...

Tell u wat , Jamban. U not happy and want revenge then go rent a cement truck and run him down lah.:rolleyes:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait what?! They took 6 months to just charge him??

Now who would want to deliberately take away innocent lives like wat Jamban always believe especially if it involve between malays and Chinese. Dont be shortsighted in passing judgement. Wrongdoer, of course, should be punished according to the law regardless of race. My sympathy goes to the parent of the deceased too.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way I am looking at it..both the driver & the two kids that died were at fault...especially the kids, I am very sure they were in a great hurry to reach home, before their mum go to work at MacDonald's...& have you people seen kids riding their bicycles these days??
Under British common law, the truck driver has duty of care since only his vehicle can kill, while the boys can't even put a dent on his bumper.

In addition, he was making a left turn, hence double duty of care since he does not have right of way.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come every time Tampines? Dengue also Tampines, Iskandar Rahmat also Tampines, Mas Kasturi also Tampines, Mr Ang HOTA also Tampines, lamppost fell and killed boy also Tampines, cyclist fell off bridge and killed also Tampines, etc, etc, etc...

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Easy to blame the driver instead of looking deeper. Was the driver overworked? Forced to meet unreasonable deadlines? Was the road clogged with all kinds of obstructions along his route that he was highly stressed and forgot to do a safe lookout?? Is he underpaid??? So many issues should be looked at instead of just blaming the driver.