• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2,512 workers sector were laid off last year, 11.8 per cent more than 2014

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The brittle global economic climate and restructuring of Singapore's economy were cited as factors in the disappearance of manufacturing jobs.

"There could be further restructuring within the manufacturing sector," said Cham Hui Fong, assistant secretary-general of NTUC, at a press briefing on Friday. "Should the economy continue to go farther (in the same direction), then I think we can expect some more (layoffs) in manufacturing."

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/gov...ising-layoffs-among-unionised-jobs#xtor=CS1-3

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If there's no retrenchment, we worry.

Only with retrenchment can there be renewal and creative destruction to bring the industries and economy to greater heights. Sinkies should look at the bigger picture.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
our economy has already been restructured and reformed so drastically and completely since 2000 its like having a colonoscopy performed by a bangra with a jackhammer,but it has not made sinkies lives any better nor have we achieved the swiss standard of living,in fact we couldnt be further away like i am 4000 miles away from my dream of paradise,australia,people do not truly know what is happiness and paradise until they have been to australia.......the only thing that hasnt been changed and reformed in the last 50 years is the government.

Last edited:

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
looking at current market conditions, 2016 will be in troubled waters....yet sinkies are not affected, the COE prices are driven up by demand just because it went down for one bidding. Amazing.

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only with retrenchment can there be renewal and creative destruction to bring the industries and economy to greater heights. Sinkies should look at the bigger picture.

As a shareholder of various companies in the manufacturing sector, l salute the management of these companies by laying off workers to cut cost in order to stay competitive in the current global economic environment. Shareholders' interest has always been and will always be the top priority of management in any publicly listed companies.

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
krafty,
can keep a job considered good enough. i lost too much in shares.

i think in these 10 years time, i die die must work. cant afford to lose a job!

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
papigs kept quiet during last GE for fear of releasing the bad news as it increases sgian hatred for f trashes n those of new shitizens which gave PAP the mandate to rule again.......................

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
krafty,
can keep a job considered good enough. i lost too much in shares.

i think in these 10 years time, i die die must work. cant afford to lose a job!

just do your best and be contented with what you already have, saying is easy but just try.:o

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there's no retrenchment, we worry.

Ya, look at the bigger picture and see how pappies can save jobs for sinkis, not the foreigners.

Barclays is expected to lay off about 100 staff in Sinkie land. What's next? To be fair, those foreigners/SPR who got laid off should be asked to leave the island rather than to let them hang around to enjoy the handouts and freebies as squatters and continue to be competitors with locals in the search for new jobs.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...as it increases sgian hatred for f trashes n those of new shitizens which gave PAP the mandate to rule again.......................

It does not need a primary school kid to understand the pappies' strategy to keep warming the Govt seat. One day, the same seat will explode and pierce their arse.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
note that the number 2512 who was retrenched is unionised sector, there are many more lurking in the non-unionised sector.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
looking at current market conditions, 2016 will be in troubled waters....yet sinkies are not affected, the COE prices are driven up by demand just because it went down for one bidding. Amazing.

COE prices are driven up by SPR and foreigners who are able to pay for cars and COEs like buying vegetables in the market. These SPRs are not really poor. Many are super rich people in their home land but chose to squat in sinkie land because it is a safe country, unlike their own slum land back home.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a shareholder of various companies in the manufacturing sector, l salute the management of these companies by laying off workers to cut cost in order to stay competitive in the current global economic environment. Shareholders' interest has always been and will always be the top priority of management in any publicly listed companies.

Retrenchment is evil but inevitable but if necessary, then foreigners should be the first to go jobless and balek kampong. Save local born sinkies for last batch to retrench if no option to keep them employed. Imported foreign shits are not real sinkies.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Retrenchment is evil but inevitable but if necessary, then foreigners should be the first to go jobless and balek kampong. Save local born sinkies for last batch to retrench if no option to keep them employed. Imported foreign shits are not real sinkies.

in sinkieland, pap gahment doesn't care about whether you are true blue sinkie, most important criteria to save your job is your level of cronyism.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have to see whether anyone left to bid after this round, COE prices may plunge.