• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$2,500 a month driving taxi after retrenched as electrician

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
In Hong Kong, you could call the taxi driver direct and get a 15% to 20% discount for long distance travel.

Goh Meng Seng

He is right. Its growing in popularity especially among foreigners. Its also a safety issue when your foreign spouse and kids need to visit doctor, dentist etc. Its used to be like that in the old days with our parents with a favorite taxi driver.

If he is not available, you can always go to the normal taxi serivice. Its popular with the limousine and taxivan service.

Those who travel overseas often, tend to get the same chap. Its all on company expense.

Lawyers are well known for it as they often head to court and back.

Most Singaporeans don't use the service as they seldom take taxi on a regular basis. They either have their own transport or MRT/Bus.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
And it still affordable more than here. I noticed that people are not aware that you can make arrangements with Taxi drivers. The taxi companies allow hire by the hour without metering, usually taken up by tourist here.

Its a singapore mentality where if it is not clearly stated by the govt, it cannot be done.

I know a foreigner who travels into singapore regularly and he makes prior arrangement with the taxi driver's wife who mans the home phone and handles his appointment.

Interestingly when we travel overseas, we also make the same arrangement in China, India, Malaysia.

In Hong Kong, you could call the taxi driver direct and get a 15% to 20% discount for long distance travel.

Goh Meng Seng

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun know how it works out for the cab driver and I dun want to pretend to know too much other then the conclusion I tried to come up with earlier

If it doesn't work, I would think all 3 of them would have given up taking this type of job a long time ago.

I believe u :smile: most probably these are not "real" taxi drivers but undercover running dogs keeping tabs on your company and/or staff :biggrin:

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is right. Its growing in popularity especially among foreigners. Its also a safety issue when your foreign spouse and kids need to visit doctor, dentist etc. Its used to be like that in the old days with our parents with a favorite taxi driver.

If he is not available, you can always go to the normal taxi service. Its popular with the limousine and taxivan service.

Those who travel overseas often, tend to get the same chap. Its all on company expense.

Lawyers are well known for it as they often head to court and back.

Most Singaporeans don't use the service as they seldom take taxi on a regular basis. They either have their own transport or MRT/Bus.

Scroobal, please lah of all people! You talk about the old days? How many kilometers of roads were then in existence? What was the population vis a vis the number of taxis? How dense was Singapore's development then? Were taxi's owned by the Government through proxies instead of being privately own?? As in running and controlling the cost of your business?

Lawyers using private arrangement taxis to and from Court? If the trial lasts for more than the stipulated time, the driver will just turn on the meter and wait? Wait where? Park in the carpark near the Courts? Who's paying the charges. Move round and round the Courts? For hours? Oh again will be the counter, if the taxi is not available , have another private arrangement with another driver at no extra cost. Whose fooling who?

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
And it still affordable more than here. I noticed that people are not aware that you can make arrangements with Taxi drivers. The taxi companies allow hire by the hour without metering, usually taken up by tourist here.

Its a singapore mentality where if it is not clearly stated by the govt, it cannot be done.

I know a foreigner who travels into singapore regularly and he makes prior arrangement with the taxi driver's wife who mans the home phone and handles his appointment.

Interestingly when we travel overseas, we also make the same arrangement in China, India, Malaysia.

And I bet it will be strictly on meter rates. No fat tips! No $38 fare for one way limo service trips!:rolleyes:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much of a premium your company is willing to pay the taxi driver to drive from one end of the island to your location? Please don't try to smoke the readers. The guarantee that you will never drive a taxi in the future has yet to play out if you are just an employee with no savings that will last you through any levels of storms in the future!

He is not smoking anyone. My colleague (an ang mo) has been using these service for at least 5 years (I knew he was using it since I knew him five years ago). He has the personal card of a cabby and calls him for rides, at no extra charges.

I am not saying it will work for cabby but the truth is it definitely has been working well for some who tried this.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is not smoking anyone. My colleague (an ang mo) has been using these service for at least 5 years (I knew he was using it since I knew him five years ago). He has the personal card of a cabby and calls him for rides, at no extra charges.

I am not saying it will work for cabby but the truth is it definitely has been working well for some who tried this.

Some of my comrades as well as myself are more than willing to be of service to some foreigners because they treat us as "equal human beings" if you know what I mean? It may surprise people that some taxi drivers put being treated as such as more importance than income given the way society judges and the Government treats them just because 30% of taxi drivers are unscrupulous and irresponsible.