• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1st to Bata then to schooL..

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can only remember the annoying ones & one of the most annoying & terrible ads that has haunted me to this day was for A-TKR cartridge car stereo. All i can remember was the strapline which was voiced by someone with a very loud & annoying voice, might be Japanese & he was shouting.. TKR, Takara, Takara, Takara!!! this was in the early 70s, anyone remembers this?

The other was for Yashica cameras.. i think it went something like this, A Yashica, a Yashica, a Yashica for Christmas! maybe in the mid to late 70s.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I can only remember the annoying ones & one of the most annoying & terrible ads that has haunted me to this day was for A-TKR cartridge car stereo. All i can remember was the strapline which was voiced by someone with a very loud & annoying voice, might be Japanese & he was shouting.. TKR, Takara, Takara, Takara!!! this was in the early 70s, anyone remembers this?

The other was for Yashica cameras.. i think it went something like this, A Yashica, a Yashica, a Yashica for Christmas! maybe in the mid to late 70s.

WaLau bro, was your time when TV's were stiLL b/w ?..i have no coLLection of them at aLL..:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember the Levi's jingle "Fit's my soul, fits my generation....."

I was gogling for this song & other Sporeans have also remembered this jingle:

"It fits my mind/And it fits my soul/And it fits my generation/It makes livin a laugh/And loving a life/And walkin a celebration/I'm standing up/Callin to be counted/ Walkin proud in my Levi's/Levi's got me walkin proud/I'm walkin proud in my Levi's/ I've arrived/I'm alive/I'm walkin proud in my Levi's.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember the Levi's jingle "Fit's my soul, fits my generation....."

I was gogling for this song & other Sporeans have also remembered this jingle:

"It fits my mind/And it fits my soul/And it fits my generation/It makes livin a laugh/And loving a life/And walkin a celebration/I'm standing up/Callin to be counted/ Walkin proud in my Levi's/Levi's got me walkin proud/I'm walkin proud in my Levi's/ I've arrived/I'm alive/I'm walkin proud in my Levi's.

I found the jingle by a local Spore band Western Union Band in Youtube:eek:

[video=youtube;cCCczI_jEIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCCczI_jEIA[/video]

Last edited:

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
WaLau bro, was your time when TV's were stiLL b/w ?..i have no coLLection of them at aLL..:smile:

Yes black & white & whole families & friends would pack the room, it was very rowdy & that's why volume UPz until buay tahan, actually the tv was not very big, i think it might have been a portable tv, anyway those kena sit in front were blasted by the sound. When this TKR advert came on, everybody would cringe. I remember later on the speaker on the tv went koyak, blasted too loud & it was really unbearable. The other one i remember now was on RTM & it was for Rothmans Tiga Lima 555, the voice was damn deep, a real manly voice.. TIGA LIMA!! if that didn't make you want to smoke & put hairs on your chest, i don't know what will:biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
from slogans/catchfrase, u haf moved 2 jingles ...

me was collecting dem in a thread ...

..which reminded me of this hip Levis song then: It fits my mind, it fits my souL; it fits my generation.I am waLking proud in my Levis..something Like that, right ?..:smile:
here http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?40490-Advertisement-Jingles&p=325704#post325704 ...

There was one..with the catchy tune..was it by AMCO...something like " I put my blue jeans on.."?? and the Levis Advertisement with the couple doing the slow rock & roll...
here ... http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?40490-Advertisement-Jingles&p=325422#post325422 ...

original thread ... http://www.singsupplies.com/showthread.php?40490-Advertisement-Jingles ...

stil rooking 4 ze original loong cool dane jingle ...

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes black & white & whole families & friends would pack the room, it was very rowdy & that's why volume UPz until buay tahan, actually the tv was not very big, i think it might have been a portable tv, anyway those kena sit in front were blasted by the sound. When this TKR advert came on, everybody would cringe. I remember later on the speaker on the tv went koyak, blasted too loud & it was really unbearable. The other one i remember now was on RTM & it was for Rothmans Tiga Lima 555, the voice was damn deep, a real manly voice.. TIGA LIMA!! if that didn't make you want to smoke & put hairs on your chest, i don't know what will:biggrin:
Me onLy remembered we had to buy some tidbits or sng-pau to gain entry into our neighbour's house to watch
whatever popuLar programs then; faiLing which, we can onLy watch through those sLanted window panes..:eek:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My memorable one was Kodak commercial with Paul Anka's song "Times of your Lives".

All I remembered was a big furry dog in there .

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My memorable one was Kodak commercial with Paul Anka's song "Times of your Lives".

All I remembered was a big furry dog in there .

And that reminds me too of the yearLy Coke's X'mas song..reaLLy miss them as weLL.:wink:

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Style, Quality, Excellence..Dunhill...

Gaia, Mutu, Keunggulan! :biggrin:

those who watched RTM1, RTM2 and TV3 (TV tiga) would have memorized this.

oh yes, when Lexus was first introduced to S'pore, it used this slogan:

"For Perfectionists, By Perfectionists".

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i was young, the tv advert i loved and will always look forward to is the........'WE ARE THE BEE DEES!!, Bee dees, by triumph, who else..'

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gaia, Mutu, Keunggulan! :biggrin:

those who watched RTM1, RTM2 and TV3 (TV tiga) would have memorized this.

oh yes, when Lexus was first introduced to S'pore, it used this slogan:

"For Perfectionists, By Perfectionists".

If get Pinoy do the VO, it will be:

"For Perfarktionists, By Perfarktionists".

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..which reminded me of this hip Levis song then: It fits my mind, it fits my souL; it fits my generation.I am waLking proud in my Levis..something Like that, right ?..
:smile:

Levis lasted so long when others like AMCO, Wrangler,Texwood, Lee etc all mati liao. Don't find their jeans that great. Very expensive.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BATA stood for BUY AND THROW AWAY in those days.

BTW, we have been pronouncing this wrong all the time - it is pronounced something like "Bacha" as it the founders/owners were from Czehcoslvakia (can't remember spelling; present-day Slovakia was part of it).