• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

18 Jan, 2010 SBS ups drivers' pay by 15% but is it enough?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
SBS ups drivers' pay by 15%
Jan 18, 2010
By Maria Almenoar
sg-driver.jpg

Together with other allowances, the drivers can earn more than $1,900 every month in their first year of employment. -- PHOTO: TNP

SBS Transit has increased the basic pay of its bus captains by 15 per cent to $1,375 a month to try and attract more Singaporeans to the job.

Together with other allowances, they can earn more than $1,900 every month in their first year of employment.

Currently, SBS has 5,500 bus captains, 38 per cent of whom are Singaporeans.

The lack of interest from Singaporeans towards this job has been a problem in the last few years with the bus operators needing to ramp up recruitment to meet new frequency guidelines by Authorities.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh my god!

Our MIWs earn more than Obama!

Yet Obama land Bus drivers get paid more than SGP!!

Someone really need to address this wide disparity!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Currently, SBS has 5,500 bus captains, 38 per cent of whom are Singaporeans.

Interesting facts... c'mmon lah, salary stays we complain, salary increased we also complains, this should be good news what. Although the pay is still low, at least its better. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Why do they mentioned bus captains and bus drivers in the same breath?

A bus driver needs class 4 license. I am sure there would be a long queue of Singaporeans willing to become captains ( no license requirements ) for $1,375 - $1,900? Am I wrong?:confused:

mascott

Alfrescian
Loyal
just another excuse for them to hire FTs.

which youth in his/her right mind will choose to be a bus driver as a career. I applied to be a bus driver with a diploma, and received no reply from them in year 2004.