• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 12 Sept 2020 - The Day John Tan's Home Nearly Got Flooded! My Maids Stood Ready With The Sandbags!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1600007570162.png

The national water agency, PUB, even had to issue a flash flood warning at 12:36pm.

Water levels in drains and canals reached 90 per cent of their capacity at Dunearn Road, between Yarwood Ave and Binjai Park, as a result.

The water levels only subsided after an hour.

The water level in the canal next to Dunearn Road in Bukit Timah was filled to the brim.

Should the heavy rain continue, there could have been a flash flood in the area.

https://mothership.sg/2020/09/bukit-timah-canal-heavy-rain/

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Still road area used to flood in the past right up to early 80s, canal made bigger and solved the flooding issue for slightly over 2 decades? I lost count on the number of flooding over the last decade alone.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still road area used to flood in the past right up to early 80s, canal made bigger and solved the flooding issue for slightly over 2 decades? I lost count on the number of flooding over the last decade alone.
hanor, is that where the waters run deep? :confused:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The construction of the Marina Barrage was supposed to solve these flooding problems, but it looks like it didn't work too well. :wink:

Parallels with China's Three Gorges Dam.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sir John my dear father in law, as your son in law, I will always be on 24hr stand by bed to rescue your daughter if the flood enters our Bukit Timah good class bungalow.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be careful your maids don't sabo you by putting gunny sacks filled with pillows instead of proper sandbags.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sir John my dear father in law, as your son in law, I will always be on 24hr stand by bed to rescue your daughter if the flood enters our Bukit Timah good class bungalow.

Evacuate to a higher area e.g. Rifle Range Road if the flood becomes too severe.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Evacuate to a higher area e.g. Rifle Range Road if the flood becomes too severe.

Before evacuating, I will take all John Tan's valuables, gold bars, his Rolex, Audemars Piguet watches , all his cash money and run..

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
View attachment 90811

The national water agency, PUB, even had to issue a flash flood warning at 12:36pm.

Water levels in drains and canals reached 90 per cent of their capacity at Dunearn Road, between Yarwood Ave and Binjai Park, as a result.

The water levels only subsided after an hour.

The water level in the canal next to Dunearn Road in Bukit Timah was filled to the brim.

Should the heavy rain continue, there could have been a flash flood in the area.

https://mothership.sg/2020/09/bukit-timah-canal-heavy-rain/
Glad to know your GCB home in that area was not affected. Your prayers were answered. My ground floor rented flat in Toa Payoh was spared too. Allah is great.