• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Jurong So Fast Drowning Already! Barely 2-3 Months Since President Tharman Left!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yujurongfloodcollage2811.png

SINGAPORE – Several roads in the Jurong West area were flooded on Nov 28 afternoon following heavy rainfall over western Singapore.

National water agency PUB said on Facebook the same evening that a flash flood had occurred in Boon Lay Way at 3.42pm. It subsided within 20 minutes.

In a separate alert on Telegram earlier in the afternoon, PUB said the flash flood affected two of the three lanes there.

PUB said on Facebook that its Quick Response Teams were on site to help the publicod. It added that it had issued flood risk alerts for six locations.

Videos posted on Facebook show the water level in Boon Lay Avenue near River Valley High School almost reaching the height of seats at a bus stop, with vehicles travelling slowly along that road.

Another video shows vehicles in Tah Ching Road, with the road surface in front of Lakeside Towers covered by water.

Filipino domestic worker Josephine Sanico Mosquera, who filmed the Tah Ching Road video, said that the flood started around 4pm and lasted an hour. She added that she did not see vehicles stalled in the water.

“This is the first time in my 12 years in Singapore that I saw the area flooded like that. But I’m not shocked because the floods in the Philippines are more scary,” the 37-year-old said.

PUB said on Facebook that the heaviest rainfall of 104.1mm was recorded in western Singapore from 3.05pm to 4.20pm. This amount is about half of the country’s average monthly rainfall in November.

According to the Meteorological Service Singapore’s website, 30.5mm of rain fell in Jurong West from 3pm to 5pm.

PUB advised motorists and pedestrians to avoid travelling through flooded areas. Members of the public can receive flood alerts by subscribing to PUB’s Telegram Channel at https://t.me/pubfloodalerts or downloading the myENV app.

The Meteorological Service Singapore had said on Nov 16 that short periods of thundery showers are expected over parts of the island in the afternoon, extending into the evening on a few days. The thundery showers could be widespread and heavy, it added.

Total rainfall for the second half of November is forecast to be above average over most parts of Singapore.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/flash-floods-in-jurong-west-amid-heavy-afternoon-downpour

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's a good sign that Jurong is ripe and opposition also don't want this sinking GRC.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought Tharman's territory is Taman (Tharman) Jurong, the Yuan Ching Road area? The area near River Valley slasher school is probably someone else's territory. Who is it?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Welcome back to the good old days. I remember floods were common in the 70s when I was a kid. Except that, we don't have multi-million-dollar ministers running the show.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
yujurongfloodcollage2811.png

SINGAPORE – Several roads in the Jurong West area were flooded on Nov 28 afternoon following heavy rainfall over western Singapore.

National water agency PUB said on Facebook the same evening that a flash flood had occurred in Boon Lay Way at 3.42pm. It subsided within 20 minutes.

In a separate alert on Telegram earlier in the afternoon, PUB said the flash flood affected two of the three lanes there.

PUB said on Facebook that its Quick Response Teams were on site to help the publicod. It added that it had issued flood risk alerts for six locations.

Videos posted on Facebook show the water level in Boon Lay Avenue near River Valley High School almost reaching the height of seats at a bus stop, with vehicles travelling slowly along that road.

Another video shows vehicles in Tah Ching Road, with the road surface in front of Lakeside Towers covered by water.

Filipino domestic worker Josephine Sanico Mosquera, who filmed the Tah Ching Road video, said that the flood started around 4pm and lasted an hour. She added that she did not see vehicles stalled in the water.

“This is the first time in my 12 years in Singapore that I saw the area flooded like that. But I’m not shocked because the floods in the Philippines are more scary,” the 37-year-old said.

PUB said on Facebook that the heaviest rainfall of 104.1mm was recorded in western Singapore from 3.05pm to 4.20pm. This amount is about half of the country’s average monthly rainfall in November.

According to the Meteorological Service Singapore’s website, 30.5mm of rain fell in Jurong West from 3pm to 5pm.

PUB advised motorists and pedestrians to avoid travelling through flooded areas. Members of the public can receive flood alerts by subscribing to PUB’s Telegram Channel at https://t.me/pubfloodalerts or downloading the myENV app.

The Meteorological Service Singapore had said on Nov 16 that short periods of thundery showers are expected over parts of the island in the afternoon, extending into the evening on a few days. The thundery showers could be widespread and heavy, it added.

Total rainfall for the second half of November is forecast to be above average over most parts of Singapore.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/flash-floods-in-jurong-west-amid-heavy-afternoon-downpour
Water means wealth.

So much water osh auspicious Huat Big Big sign Lai de woh