• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

11 Forced to Live in 1 PHole - Thanks to PAPee!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Sep 12, 2009
Living with parents: Three views
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Stuck with 11 others and one toilet
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Wednesday's letter by Mr Peter Huber, 'Few babies? It's the Hotel Mama mindset'.
Well said, Mr Huber.
I am 42 years old this year and remember the times when my married sister with her family of four crammed together with six of us - her siblings - in a rented four-room flat.
There were a total of a dozen of us, counting our parents - all sharing a single toilet.
The reason: Half a dozen of us were single and
had not reached the age of 35, and so were ineligible to buy resale flats and move out.
To describe living conditions then as stressful is an understatement.
I yearned for my own flat, especially when I visited the homes of my married friends.
However, Mr Huber is not entirely right when he states that most of us can live as long as we want at Hotel Mama - that is, our parents' flat.
In fact, some parents do not welcome the prospect of having unmarried children in their 30s living with them.
Christine Wong (Ms)

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The complainant has 4 options:

1. Wait till 35 and buy her own HDB flat
2. Get married and buy a marital HDB flat
3. Buy a condo or landed property
4. Go rent a flat or condo