• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

101 - Intro to pinoy english

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since there are so many of them around, we must make an effort to learn and understand what they are saying.

Q: What's the difference between select and choose ??
A: Select is when you pick out something...choose is what Filipinos wear on their feet !!!

Q: What is a Filipino's idea of devastation?
A: It's where you catch de bus.

Q: How does a Filipino use "devastation" in a sentence?
A: Excuse me, don't you have to go buy your ticket at "DEVASTATION"? (if you still don't get this one, go to Lucky plaza next weekend)

Q: How much do you smoke?
A: Two facks a day.

Pinoy kindergarten teacher teaching kids how to wear shoes: You put your right feet in, you put your right feet out, you put your right feet in....

Suddenly one of the children said, "Teacher you have to say 'foot.'"

So the teacher said, "Ok. You 'foot' your right feet in, you 'foot' your right feet out....."

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Q: Use MASTURBATION is a sentence....
A: Third world countries suffer from MASTURBATION (mass starvation).

Q: What are the three prides of the Philippines?
A: Pride pish. Pride chicken. And pride rice. (fried)

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahhaha

but seriously i doubt many sinkees that are non english educated would use the word "devastation" in their conversation. In fact even english educated sinkies wouldn't use that word.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard this one:

Teacher: Form a sentence with "chicken", "nut" and "bread".

Sinkie student: I was hungry so I went to the kitchen and had some chicken, nut and bread.

Pinoy boy: At night I went to my sister's room to frighten her, so I hold her neck until chicken nut bread (she cannot breathe).

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CNN reporter: This is Devastation!
Folice spokesman: No. De vas only fuck here pour a why.

w-philippines-hostage-rtxsc.jpg

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
i can also give 1 example.

when i go RWS to play player/banker, the pinoy will say 'place yur baps'.. ' no more baps'

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traits of a typical Pinoy worker:

1) Speak English that only their group can understand

2) Need chao chao 1 hour lunch break. Cannot negotiate shorter lunch. If can, two hours lagi better so can go for their Yoga / Pilates / Gym

3) If they work late for even 1 hour, must give them time off the next day.

4) If you pay O.T, better check they not playing Facebook during O.T hours. Ok...to be fair, some of them don't. They play Friendster. lol

5) Give them deadline must monitor EVERYDAY. Must micro-manage to every half-day if deadline is approaching.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Intermediate Level Pinoy English:

The teacher turns to the class and says, "Today, we will use these three words in a sentence. Defense, detail, and defeat. Tom, why don't you go first?"

Tom, a white kid, goes first.

Tom says, "Ahh, the football team's defense was detailed in the paper which caused the defeat of the other team." (The narrator's tone is slang-American when saying this sentence.)

"That's very good Tom, now what about you, Bong-Bong?" says the teacher. "Use defense, detail, and defeat in a sentence."

"Okay, ma'am," says Bong-Bong. "Ahhhh...dah black dog...jumped ober dah fence, dah tail first and den, dah feet."

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teacher says "Can you use yellow, pink and green in one sentence?"

Boy answered, "Of course... The phone greens, I pink it up and say Yellow!!"