• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1,000 Singaporeans give up citizenship each year

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
1,000 out, but 3,000 new PRCs in as citizens. Good maths.

The aging population here will no doubt be replendished.:smile:

Not many Chinese actually wanna stay here. The Chinese nationals whom I know in my poly days have long gave up their blue ICs for English, Aussie and American PR. Some may have went to Canada or closer to home, HK.

My point is: these numbers are deceiving. If majority of them take blue ICs, FOC, as a stepping stone to go to other western countries, then all these money used to bring them over are going into a black hole.

Commitment is more important than money...local borns naturally feel more attached to this country than chinese nationals who was born in Shanghai. Besides Shanghai looks more attractive as a city than Singapore. The same goes for HK.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not many Chinese actually wanna stay here. The Chinese nationals whom I know in my poly days have long gave up their blue ICs for English, Aussie and American PR. Some may have went to Canada or closer to home, HK.

My point is: these numbers are deceiving. If majority of them take blue ICs, FOC, as a stepping stone to go to other western countries, then all these money used to bring them over are going into a black hole.

Commitment is more important than money...local borns naturally feel more attached to this country than chinese nationals who was born in Shanghai. Besides Shanghai looks more attractive as a city than Singapore. The same goes for HK.

aiya, dont bother to argue with these bunch of pansies.
i saw within my neighbourhoods, numerous PRCs, Hkers, sri lankans etc ... all had migrated to Oz, some even cannot speak english, but i must say, they are bold, brave and patient. one PRC chap i knew put in hard works to earn himself a 2-storey house, a brand new camry, an another, underwent TAFE study and apprenticeship to become aircon electrician. Now he is so overwhelmed with business that he has to turn away business! and he owns more then 4 houses here..

previously in SG, i used to think otherwise about migrants but now i had walked in their shoes for a couple of miles and interact with them, i can't help but to admire their courage and boldness.

only to those "small" singaporeans that would let such a tiny issue, e.g. $9 sandwich, to deter one from experiencing a different world with a different perspective to life.

all hail to the migrating singaporeans! i salute thee!

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
1,000 out, but 3,000 new PRCs in as citizens. Good maths.

The aging population here will no doubt be replendished.:smile:

3000 citizens? Citizens or PRs? There was once I went to Immigration bldg in Lavendar to renew my wife's PR (my wife is from Hong kong). The citizenship section was practically empty. So much for 3000 PRC applying for citizenship.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you know,how many of those getting PR or citizenship in other countries,return here to work and also for good.

sometimes,when you are looking at people of other countries from here,it can be very misleading. even though they may enjoy better openness and freedom but they are paying higher taxes to take care of older and unemploy people.

freedom of speech and press,come at a price,you will see a lot of people sue each other.

just my thought as i used to travel quite often during my younger's days.

Is that right? Work in Singapore you may pay lower INCOME TAX. But just look at the other disadvantages:

1. NS for your kds.
2. FTs get favored over you in many aspects.
3. You could lose your job to an FT if you are >40 and you would have to do menial work.
4. So may FTs are coming in and as a result salaries get depressed.
5. There is no safety net. Your CPF is not going to be enough for your old age so you have to work till you die.
6. Affording a car is a dream for the majority.
7. The only house you could purchase is an overpriced pigeon hole.

Working in Singapore? Yeah. It is one of the worst places among first world countries.

Last edited:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
i saw within my neighbourhoods, numerous PRCs, Hkers, sri lankans etc ... all had migrated to Oz, some even cannot speak english, but i must say, they are bold, brave and patient. one PRC chap i knew put in hard works to earn himself a 2-storey house, a brand new camry, an another, underwent TAFE study and apprenticeship to become aircon electrician. Now he is so overwhelmed with business that he has to turn away business! and he owns more then 4 houses here..

previously in SG, i used to think otherwise about migrants

They were brought up in an environment where taking risks is good, and gutsy. If they don't take risks, they can't succeed. Most Singaporeans were brought up in the opposite.

The fact is though that unless you realise that you need to take risks when you're planning to go overseas, and take calculated risks when you're already overseas, and adopt to the local culture over there, you probably won't get anywhere.

In any case, its a matter of whether you wanna break the chains that PAP have imposed on you or not. If you're willing to do so, and the situation is right, then its only right and timely that you take charge of your own life. Don't let the PAP micro-manage your own life, and think that's all that for you in this lifetime.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Food prices in Australia as compared to my foodcourts in Singapore is double or triple !!!

Who is asking you to eat in food courrts? Cook at home and it will be cheaper than Sinkeeland.

Cost of living terror steep there!!!

Of course, if you earn your salary in Sinkeeland and try to spend there, you'll find the cost of living steep. :eek: Try earning in Oz $ and spend in Oz and you'll be all right. :smile:

Also, racial discrimination horrible as well as drugs abundance there !!!

You mean there is no discrimnination in Leeland? At least discrimniation in Oz is not apparent. You could actually drag the other person to court if you were discriminated by him but in Sinkeeland, discrimination is right at your face and there is nothing you could do about that. :eek:

I feel that Singaproe is one of the most fucked up countries to live in. :eek:

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
aussies have the "biggest of anything and everything" south of the equator (most of the real world is up north) therefore that affects greatly on their over inflated ego.

factually, they have land (which belonged to the aborigines) so it does not make sense to emigrate to a concrete jungle like singapore. however, many are working here in singapore (where the money and opportunities are) and returning to the expanse of land back in ausland.

their egos will never allow them to be a 2nd class citizen to an asian nation. the hardworking asians in ausland being discriminated against will attest to this.

of course the worst hit are the aborigines who had had their land taken from them and then suffered the worst form of discrimination. speaking of laws, there is a strict one which protects the aboriginals from the rest of the population. doesnt take a genius to figure out why they have this law.

btw, weren't the first australians comprised of convicts banished from england?

ANGMOHS (Aussies) 2nd class citizen in ASIAN countries (SINGAPORE):confused: Have you not heard about the 'PINKERTON SYNDROME", the SPGs swooning at Angmohs etc ? The only reason the Aussies are not emigrating to Singapore is because Aussieland is still better in comparison.

Where stealing land is concerned, it is the same everywhere; a weaker tribe will always be displaced by a stronger tribe; Red Indians, Aztecs, Mayans, Maori, Orang Laut etc.are all marginalised.

The Angmoh race be not realise it, but with falling fertility rates and demographic shifts. Their race may be heading for decline in this century and it won't be farfetch to say that the Asians and the Africans could be taking over where Europe, US and Oceania are concerned.

The native tribe of Singapore was not CHINESE prior to British colonisation. Which is the majority and the most successful economic racial group in Singapore NOW?

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reason : Aussies view Singapore as an Asian nation with predominantly Asian values and culture.

Also, they can get hanged for drugs here unlike in Australia which is very liberal in drugs!!

So the Aussies can happily stay where you are and happily take your drugs !!

Please don't dirty our shores !!:eek:

In Australia, got many, many, many asian faces.

So how come they not attracted by Spores "predominantly Asian values and culture" :confused:

Had a HK colleagues in Spore who is now working in Australia, got some ex-Sporeans colleagues & friends who are now in Aust., ... None of them take drugs, are asian but choose Australia over Spore. :rolleyes:

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Australia, got many, many, many asian faces.

So how come they not attracted by Spores "predominantly Asian values and culture" :confused:

Had a HK colleagues in Spore who is now working in Australia, got some ex-Sporeans colleagues & friends who are now in Aust., ... None of them take drugs, are asian but choose Australia over Spore. :rolleyes:

Those who keep harping about the Asian values MYTH are people who cannot accept that there are many countries better than Singapore. They keep consoling themselves that Singapore has 'Asian values' and still no. 1 in the world.

Emigrating is a major life changing step. People don't do it for fun or adventure. They do so only after much soul searching and serious thought. The fact that many are leaving shows that something is SERIOUSLY not right in Singapore and to deny that, calling people quitters/losers etc and mounting negative news smear campaigns in the media/internet is NOT solving the ROOT of the problem.

They CANNOT understand why 1000 Singaporeans are giving up their pink ICs and why a huge chunk of 3rd world immigrants (PRC etc) are not rushing to take the pink IC but keeping their Singapore PRs only and then emigrating to Angmoh countries later as LKY himself admitted.

Only the rejected 3rd rate immigrants to S'pore who can't go the Angmoh countries stay on in Singapore but still as SG PRs only while retaining their own 3rd world country's citizenship.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who keep harping about the Asian values MYTH are people who cannot accept that there are many countries better than Singapore. They keep consoling themselves that Singapore has 'Asian values' and still no. 1 in the world.

This "Asian Values" argument is very funny comming from an english educated dictator :smile:

I have my doubts whether LKY actually believes in this "asian values". :rolleyes:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Emigrating is a major life changing step. People don't do it for fun or adventure. They do so only after much soul searching and serious thought. The fact that many are leaving shows that something is SERIOUSLY not right in Singapore and to deny that, calling people quitters/losers etc and mounting negative news smear campaigns in the media/internet is NOT solving the ROOT of the problem.

:eek::eek::eek: you mean they are still clueless :eek::eek::eek:

mudskipper

Alfrescian
Loyal
ANGMOHS (Aussies) 2nd class citizen in ASIAN countries (SINGAPORE):confused: Have you not heard about the 'PINKERTON SYNDROME", the SPGs swooning at Angmohs etc ? The only reason the Aussies are not emigrating to Singapore is because Aussieland is still better in comparison.

Where stealing land is concerned, it is the same everywhere; a weaker tribe will always be displaced by a stronger tribe; Red Indians, Aztecs, Mayans, Maori, Orang Laut etc.are all marginalised.

The Angmoh race be not realise it, but with falling fertility rates and demographic shifts. Their race may be heading for decline in this century and it won't be farfetch to say that the Asians and the Africans could be taking over where Europe, US and Oceania are concerned.

The native tribe of Singapore was not CHINESE prior to British colonisation. Which is the majority and the most successful economic racial group in Singapore NOW?

just coz u see the term "2nd class citizen," u get all worked up. an indication of your over inflated ego. like it or not, wherever you emigrate to, you are unofficially a 2nd class citizen. that was the simple point i was making.

while we are at the subject of spgs, lets not forget the favourite past time of angmo girls here who love to hang around our local malays. or have you not open your eyes wide enough? lots of angmo guys prefer chinese girls as well coz their own female species are way too vocal (not necessarily in the intelligent sense) to be considered a woman. what is not as openly discussed as "spg" does not mean it doesnt exist.

the union in ausland is so powerful, it's ridiculous! it can bring any org to a standstill. lots of aussies have lost their job in standing up for the union. big in principle but sadly lacking in intelligence. when the angmos come here, they are safe from being pushed into an industrial dispute and subsequently into losing a good job.

in your view about stealing land, that is yet another display of your unrepentant egoistic and racist view of your forefathers. this principle of yours would suggest that the whites displaced the abo coz of their strength. to take over and stifle another race is absolutely different form managing a country and giving equal opportunity to all walks of life. by today's humanitarian standard, you are tantamount to condoning the telibans, hitlers, saddams, etc... coz these ppl prey on the weak.

angmo falling fertility rate? thats coz a number of amgmos are more interested in gay sex rather than regular heterosexual stuff. little kids rather than grown ups. animals rather than humans!

finally, thank you for bringing out the fact about the perseverance, prosperity and achievements of the chinese in singapore. unlike some other countries, singaporeans do not stifle any race.... then and now.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i saw within my neighbourhoods, numerous PRCs, Hkers, sri lankans etc ... all had migrated to Oz, some even cannot speak english, but i must say, they are bold, brave and patient. one PRC chap i knew put in hard works to earn himself a 2-storey house, a brand new camry, an another, underwent TAFE !

Which school they came from? what are their names and IC, where did they stay?

It is isolated case, many are still loitering in geylang for a living.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
just coz u see the term "2nd class citizen," u get all worked up. an indication of your over inflated ego. like it or not, wherever you emigrate to, you are unofficially a 2nd class citizen. that was the simple point i was making.

So what even if you are a 2nd class citizen in an Ang Moh country? It is a lot better than treated as a 2nd class citizen in your own country.

while we are at the subject of spgs, lets not forget the favourite past time of angmo girls here who love to hang around our local malays. or have you not open your eyes wide enough? lots of angmo guys prefer chinese girls as well coz their own female species are way too vocal (not necessarily in the intelligent sense) to be considered a woman. what is not as openly discussed as "spg" does not mean it doesnt exist.

That is nothing unusual. Ang Moh guys like to hang around with me as well and mind you i'm a Chinese.

the union in ausland is so powerful, it's ridiculous! it can bring any org to a standstill. lots of aussies have lost their job in standing up for the union. big in principle but sadly lacking in intelligence. when the angmos come here, they are safe from being pushed into an industrial dispute and subsequently into losing a good job.

Unions in Oz are powerful so in Oz you can't get exploited by employers too much. Also, there is a system of minimum wage here. In Sinkeeland, like you've said, maybe the Ang Mohs and FTrashes might have a secured jobs but what about Singaproeans? They could anytime lose their jobs to a fucking F trash and salaries get depressed to ridiculous levels because of Leeland's policy being so liberal enough to let in any Tom, Dick ,Harry, Ah Beng, Ah Seng, Ah kiong, An Neh or Muthu.

angmo falling fertility rate? thats coz a number of amgmos are more interested in gay sex rather than regular heterosexual stuff. little kids rather than grown ups. animals rather than humans!

You mean there are no gays in any other race? And you are generalizing like most of the Ang Mohs go for gay sex.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aussie girls all lar kopi and smell like goats.

On the contrary. They are fantastic some with good bodies, though some are a little large, they have huge boobs and ramming them is really a heaven.

you sound more like sour grapes. :biggrin:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lots of them are FTrash who are given free scholarships and what have u not and then jump ship to the West! Many will rent out their 'subsidized' pigeonholes to squeeze the last drop out from the stoopidity of the fcuk up Familee!

mudskipper

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what even if you are a 2nd class citizen in an Ang Moh country? It is a lot better than treated as a 2nd class citizen in your own country.

That is nothing unusual. Ang Moh guys like to hang around with me as well and mind you i'm a Chinese.

Unions in Oz are powerful so in Oz you can't get exploited by employers too much. Also, there is a system of minimum wage here. In Sinkeeland, like you've said, maybe the Ang Mohs and FTrashes might have a secured jobs but what about Singaproeans? They could anytime lose their jobs to a fucking F trash and salaries get depressed to ridiculous levels because of Leeland's policy being so liberal enough to let in any Tom, Dick ,Harry, Ah Beng, Ah Seng, Ah kiong, An Neh or Muthu.

You mean there are no gays in any other race? And you are generalizing like most of the Ang Mohs go for gay sex.

how stupid can you get to make a statement like your first one?? one statemt like that and it clearly display your iq

you said angmos like to hang around you yet you use the term FTrash?
ft means ft! why the segregation between fts and angmos? something fishy here isnt it?

losing your job to a ft? with your mentality and attitude, for sure you will lose it!

it is a fact that gays and sexually abused children are more predominant amongst angmos. ever come across a video of non-angmo doing it with animals? hehe..

imo, you are either an angmo, an angmo loving person or a simply a fake chinese.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Screwed up minds are colour blind..so its not a matter of race..just a matter of the environment that children are exposed to when they are young.

And as for Asian values..let's face it: LKY has politicised the term so much that it has become corrupted and has lost its meaning. I mean patriotism for example is an universal value. Loyalty is another. Helping your parents when they are old and retired is another..all of them are universal because white people also do the same as us.

So asian values, the term that LKY states, is really a misnomer. I prefer to say that these are universal values that all of us strive for, regardless of race, religion, sex or origin. So even if we adapt it to our own cultures or our own religion, its basically the same. So I don't really buy LKY's values these days.

And besides, the teaching of moral values should be left up to the parents, and the parents should make the decision on which school is best equipped to teach not just the subjects but also on the moral values. Its the decision of the parents and family, and not of the government. The government should only be a facilitator, not a micro-manager.