• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

☆ Barclays Premier League Season 2014-15 ☆

Drogba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pearson not fearful of Leicester sack

7 December 2014

753818header.jpg

Nigel Pearson does not fear for his job despite seeing Leicester City's winless run extended to 10 matches at Aston Villa on Sunday.

Leicester let a winning position slip in a Premier League match for the third game in the space of nine days, as goals from unlikely duo Ciaran Clark and Alan Hutton cancelled out Leonardo Ulloa's opener at Villa Park.

It means the east Midlands side have failed to win since a pulsating 5-3 victory over Manchester United on September 21, but manager Pearson insists he is not concerned about his position despite the growing pressure.

"There is no point me worrying," he told Sky Sports. "Of course I am a proud man, I want to stay in charge but there is no point allowing those added pressures to affect how I am doing my job.

"We have the players we have, I still have a lot of belief in them and likewise they are behind the staff.

"Football remains a business in which margins are small and let us face it most managers in this game, and certainly this division, have felt the heat in terms of pressure to get results.

"I am being rational about the situation we are in and being prepared to continue to work through what is a difficult time.

"It is how you deal with adversity that probably is the most important thing and defining thing."

Leicester's chances of rescuing a point after Hutton's second-half strike were not helped by a red card for full-back Paul Konchesky with 10 minutes remaining.

Some confusion followed as to whether Konchesky was sent off for a straight red for his challenge on Hutton or the resulting altercation with the Scotland international full-back.

And Pearson was left bemused by referee Craig Pawson's decision.

"All I can say is that we have had an unclear reasons for it," he added. "We were initially led to believe it was for the challenge but I think now it is about clash of heads.

"Having seen it, if it is for the challenge, I am not so sure it is a straight red. if it was for a coming together of heads I fully accept there is movement but Hutton makes contact with the head first.

"I'm not one for asking for others to be sent off, but if it is that I don't accept the quality of the decision."

Redknapp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Redknapp targets striker in January

8 December 2014

754120header.jpg

QPR manager Harry Redknapp has targeted additions to his striking ranks as a priority during the January transfer window.

Redknapp will be without leading scorer Charlie Austin for the trip to Everton next Monday after he was sent off during Saturday's 2-0 win over Burnley at Loftus Road.

Austin scored the second goal in QPR's all-important win against their fellow strugglers, but his suspension leaves Redknapp with a problem up front.

The QPR boss has been linked with LA Galaxy striker Robbie Keane after the Republic of Ireland international ended his domestic campaign by firing the winning goal in his side's MLS Cup success on Sunday.

And Redknapp, who is also reportedly interesting in signing Toronto FC's Jermain Defoe, is focused on bringing in a striker during the window.

Asked whether the attacking ranks were a priority, Redknapp told reporters: "For sure.

"Bobby [Zamora] had to come off, [he] started to get cramp and the little boy [Eduardo] Vargas looked a bit tired at times, he's had a baby and looks like he hasn't quite got the spring in his step he had a few weeks ago.

"So I ended up sticking Niko Kranjcar up there on his own when Charlie got sent off.

"Niko gets hold of the ball - he can play up there at a pinch - but he's not a striker. You've got to have four or five strikers in the Premier League."

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wenger demands defensive improvement

8 December 2014

754372header.jpg

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has urged urged his defence to tighten up ahead of Tuesday's UEFA Champions League clash with Galatasaray.

Wenger's side found themselves 3-0 down by half-time at Stoke City on Saturday, with a second-half rally not enough to prevent them going down 3-2.

The Frenchman was filmed being fiercely jeered by Arsenal fans after the clash, coming off the back of recent displays from the stands calling for Wenger to resign.

And Wenger is demanding a better performance when Arsenal head to Istanbul on Tuesday, with a slim possibility of finishing top of Group D to play for.

"I'm a competitive person and what is important to me is the next game and to respond in the right way and play to win the game," he told reporters.

"It's part of our job. We can't always look for excuses, everybody feels this but when you have disappointment you respond a strong way, that's what competition is all about.

"You cannot guarantee to anybody that you will not lose a game. Many teams can lose at Stoke.

"Let's be realistic, we do not play under too much pressure tomorrow. We want to win the game but it does not only depend on us to finish top of the group.

"What we want tomorrow night is a better defensive performance and I'm sure we'll get it."

Wenger made the surprising decision to name his starting XI to face Galatasaray over 24 hours before the match, with goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny and Mathieu Debuchy set for returns.

Arsenal's bench will have an unfamiliar look, however, with Wenger naming seven youngsters and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain praised the move.

"First of all they're all boys that play for Arsenal football club, which I think warrants some definite respect straight away," the England international added.

"They've all got quality and for all young players you have to start somewhere and you have to be challenged at some point.

"From what I've seen from all of them they all have quality and they're all good lads. I'm sure they'll be up for the challenge and try to prove to the boss that they're all good players."

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cech has role to play at Chelsea - Mourinho

8 December 2014

754158header.jpg

Jose Mourinho maintains Petr Cech has a role to play at Chelsea despite being understudy to Belgian goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois at Stamford Bridge.

The Czech goalkeeper had been a regular starter prior to this season, which has seen Courtois play all but 66 minutes of his maiden Premier League campaign.

Cech has been linked with a move away, but Mourinho underlined the 32-year-old's importance to the squad.

"The most important thing is what he brings to the team on the pitch, which is top quality," he told Yahoo-Eurosport.

"When Courtois was injured against Arsenal and Petr Cech comes to play on minute 20, I was so calm. I wasn't worried about a change of goalkeeper.

"So when you have on the bench a super goalkeeper like Petr Cech this is the most important thing.

"Obviously he wants to play, which is why sometimes I make him play. I have to feed the natural ambition of somebody who feels he is a top goalkeeper.

"I have to feed that ambition to keep him... I'm not saying happy happy, because to be happy a player must play every game... but at least to make him feel that we like him, we respect him and we need him."

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rodgers hears history calling for Liverpool players

8 December 2014

754335header.jpg

Brendan Rodgers has challenged his players to write their own chapter in Liverpool’s illustrious history on Tuesday.

Only a victory in the Group B home clash against Basel will be enough for Liverpool to prolong what has so far proved to be a testing return to the UEFA Champions League.

The Anfield club claimed European football's top prize for a fifth time in 2005, and also needed some final-night heroics to take their campaign beyond Christmas that season and towards an unforgettable final triumph over Milan.

Liverpool needed to beat Olympiacos by two goals to reach the knockout stages - something they achieved when captain Steven Gerrard lashed home a magnificent half-volley in the dying minutes to seal a 3-1 win and spark delirious scenes.

A decade on from that memorable night, Rodgers wants his stuttering squad to spark similar passions in the Anfield terraces.

"This is a competition which has great history for Liverpool," he told his pre-match press conference on Monday.

"The Olympiacos game was obviously a part of that great history.

"It's an opportunity for the players now to qualify and make sure that they write themselves into folklore by winning the game.

"We see this as opportunity rather than threat to anything. We want to qualify and hopefully that will give us confidence in the league.

"We don't need to win games in first minute - European football is technical and tactical. We have 90 minutes plus. We need retain our patience

"In my time here we've had number of games deemed must-win and more times than not, we have won them."

Having only featured from the bench during Saturday's goalless draw with Sunderland, much of the pre-game focus will be on Gerrard 10 years on from one of his most famous acts in the red shirt.

"In terms of Steven, we can't be just relying solely on him - this has to be about a team performance with players all over the park taking responsibility," Rodgers added.

"For us it's about the collective and for us to get the result tomorrow night we need the whole team to be functioning well and playing at a good level of performance."

Rickie Lambert is expected to lead a depleted Liverpool attack once more, as Rodgers confirmed Mario Balotelli's groin injury is likely to keep him on the sidelines.

"I very much doubt any of the players at the weekend who weren't available will be ready," he continued.

Willian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'You may as well park a cow!' - Mourinho fumes at Newcastle tactics

697382_heroa.jpg

By Dan Brett
Dec 8, 2014 08:44:00

The former Inter boss has slated Alan Pardew's side after the Blues' first defeat of the season but is confident his side remain the strongest in the league at present

Jose Mourinho has lambasted Newcastle's tactics as "parking a cow" after the Magpies inflicted upon Chelsea their first defeat of the season on Saturday.

Didier Drogba's late strike could not spark a revival after Papiss Cisse's double sealed a 2-1 win for Alan Pardew's men at St. James' Park, but the Portuguese boss took issue with the hosts' style of play.

Mourinho slated the physicality of Newcastle's players and the lackadaisical approach of the ball-boys when deep into six minutes of added time.

However, when asked whether he would employ a similar stance to ensure victory, the Blues boss said: "No. With anything? You may as well put a cow in the middle of the pitch. And then stop the game because there was a cow.

"You cannot do just anything in football. You have to defend with your 10 men, put the 10 men on the goal line, park the bus, but football needs a ball. Not two or zero. Do what you can to win but not everything.
Sometimes there were zero balls and that cuts the dynamic of the team who is trying to win the game."

Mourinho's men remain at the summit of the Premier League with a three-point lead over second-placed Manchester City, and he is sure his men will recover from their first real setback in 2014-15.

"Better than anyone else," he said when asked to assess how Chelsea have been playing. "And of course I will back them to bounce back. We are top of the league.

"For people like me who have been in football for so long you have to accept this anomaly. To come here and be better than our opponents and lose, that is football.

"Nobody has done better than us. Everyone would like to be in our position. So we are more than fine. We are better than anybody else.

"I don't say my team is the best, I say my team is top of the league and at this moment nobody has the same points we have.

"Because of that at the moment we're the best team in the Premier League."

ThosayMaureenNeo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Better than anyone else," he said when asked to assess how Chelsea have been playing. "And of course I will back them to bounce back. We are top of the league.

"For people like me who have been in football for so long you have to accept this anomaly. To come here and be better than our opponents and lose, that is football.

"Nobody has done better than us. Everyone would like to be in our position. So we are more than fine. We are better than anybody else.

"I don't say my team is the best, I say my team is top of the league and at this moment nobody has the same points we have.

"Because of that at the moment we're the best team in the Premier League."

[/COLOR]

Hey I am just a sore loser that is all. I blame the ballboys for this loss and will be asking the FA to replace them with ballgirls.

Drogba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Phelan questions Van Gaal´s methods

10 December 2014

755093header.jpg

Former Manchester United assistant Mike Phelan believes a change in approach under Louis van Gaal is behind the club's injury crisis.

Van Gaal's squad has been ravaged by injury during this season but they have managed to win five straight games to sit third in the Premier League.

Phelan said Van Gaal's decision to change former fitness coach Tony Strudwick's role and alter the club's training were behind the injuries.

"What's happened is a continuation of the same players getting injured all the time, so you have to look to the reasons why," he told the International Business Times UK.

"I think Manchester United changed their thoughts on the fitness regime, they looked at it a little bit differently.

"Tony Strudwick, who was operating as head of sports science, was involved day to day with the first team. He understood the ins and outs of how to keep players fit, how to keep them ready for competition. Then suddenly they moved him sideways and did something completely different. That may have had an effect. That one area has changed.

"They've brought in new people with a different way of doing things. The intensity of training may be one thing - it may be too intense, or not intense enough - but obviously slight changes have been made with the present way of doing things.

"I would have thought [the squad] is big enough at Manchester United, because they can go out and get players in, but obviously they keep breaking down and they don't seem to be getting any better. They seem to get one back and lose another two."

Phelan backed former Netherlands coach Van Gaal to adapt and start learning what his players could handle.

The likes of Angel di Maria, Radamel Falcao, Michael Carrick and Phil Jones have spent time on the sidelines due to injury.

"He knows now roughly the intensity of the Premier League and what his players can produce," he said.

"He's been at the highest level, working with the highest players, in different countries.

"It's just a case of maybe understanding the specific requirements of players, individual players, where they need to be at certain times in order to perform. He's got enough staff there to sort that out."

Schurrle

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chelsea suffer Courtois injury blow

454700_heroa.jpg

Dec 12, 2014 13:26:00

The Blues will be without their No.1 goalkeeper for the visit of Hull to Stamford Bridge, with Petr Cech likely to keep his place in goal after starting against Sporting

Thibaut Courtois is out of Chelsea's clash with Hull City at Stamford Bridge on Saturday after picking up a muscle injury.

The Belgian joins the suspended Cesc Fabregas on the sidelines for the visit of the Tigers, with the Blues aiming to bounce back from a defeat to Newcastle in their last league outing.

"Courtois had a little problem in training, a muscular problem, and he's not available for tomorrow," Jose Mourinho told reporters on Friday.

"Cesc has been amazing for us but he's suspended for tomorrow so we don't think about him. We trust the other players."

Petr Cech, who started in the Champions League against Sporting on Wednesday, will therefore keep his place in goal at the weekend.

Mourinho added: "Petr Cech had our confidence even when Courtois was playing. We know what we have, he has absolutely nothing to prove.

"We are a completely different team to the one which played Hull at home last season," the Portuguese remarked of Saturday's opponents. "We are a better team, so are Hull.

"We are playing very well in almost every game, there hasn't been one bad performance. We cannot do any more than we are doing."

A consistent first XI has been cited as one of the reasons behind Chelsea's strong start to the season but Mourinho accepts that he will have to rotate somewhat during the busy festive fixture list.

"I don't think any one player will play all six matches [between now and January 1]," he explained. "Maybe some will play five."

FALCA0

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Di Maria to miss Liverpool clash with hamstring injury

664721_heroa.jpg

Dec 12, 2014 17:37:00

The Argentine hobbled out of last month's 3-0 win over Hull City at Old Trafford and is not yet fit to return, while Chris Smalling is also unavailable with a groin problem

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has ruled Angel Di Maria out of the clash with Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Di Maria has not featured for United since limping off in the 14th minute of last month's 3-0 victory over Hull City at Old Trafford with a hamstring injury and is not yet ready to return.

Van Gaal will also be without centre-back Chris Smalling, who will be missing for a further two weeks with a groin problem that forced him off 18 minutes into Monday's 2-1 win over Southampton at St Mary's.

But, overall, the United manager is optimistic that the injury crisis that has plagued his start to life at Old Trafford is finally beginning to ease.

"We have only four players injured so that is better than ever," he told MUTV. "We have Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Angel Di Maria and Daley Blind."

Shaw suffered ankle ligament damage during United's 2-1 win over Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium last month, while Blind has been ruled out until 2015 with a knee problem.

Phil Jones, however, is available again after recovering from a shin problem that has sidelined him since late October, while Rafael has overcome a groin problem and could feature against Liverpool.

Willian

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mourinho: Torres isn't coming back to Chelsea

641551_heroa.jpg

By Alex Young
Dec 12, 2014 16:09:00

The manager insists the striker, who is on a two-season loan deal, is happy at AC Milan and has no room for him in his squad, before ruling out a January exit for Mohamed Salah

AC Milan striker Fernando Torres will not be returning to Chelsea from his loan early, insists Jose Mourinho.

The striker joined the Serie A side on a two-season deal during the summer but reports have emerged recently that manager Filippo Inzaghi could terminate the move due to the Spaniard's poor form.

Torres scored on his full debut for Milan in September but is yet to add to that tally in eight games, including six starts, since.

Chelsea signed Loic Remy as Torres' replacement, with Mourinho keen for three strikers in his first team, and insists he has no space to accommodate the 30-year-old in his Premier League or Champions League squads.

When asked if the Spaniard could come back to Stamford Bridge in the New Year, the Chelsea boss told reporters: "No. He's on loan for two seasons at Milan. He’s our player but he’s on loan. We have no space.

"We have no space for players in our list, either in the Champions League or the Premier League. That’s an impossible 'picture'.

"But I have to say that nobody from Milan has made contact with us thinking about that possibility, so probably nothing is true. More than possibly, he’s happy at Milan and Milan are happy to have him."

Mohamed Salah's future has also been the subject of speculation after making just two league starts this season but, ahead of the January transfer window, Mourinho insists the midfielder is "going nowhere".

He added: "Salah is our player, a player we like and trust, a player from our squad who is going nowhere. He doesn’t go, for sure. Maybe he moves house. Maybe he moves house, but not club."

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sterling is happy at Liverpool, insists Rodgers

690292_heroa.jpg

Dec 12, 2014 17:12:00

Recent reports suggested the 20-year-old has turned down a lucrative new contract at Anfield but his manager insists his star man is not agitating for a move

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is confident Raheem Sterling is happy at the club despite the England international having not signed a new contract.

Sterling is yet to commit his long term future to Liverpool amid concerns over Rodgers' job security at Anfield.

But while Rodgers admits Sterling's future is still yet to be resolved, he insists the 20-year-old is not agitating for a move away from Merseyside.

"It's up to the club and his representatives to sort out the deal but there's no unhappiness," the Liverpool boss told reporters.

Sterling has three years left on his current contract at Anfield and has broadly agreed terms on an extension that would see his wages more than double.

"The club has spoken to my representatives and hopefully something can be done really soon," the 20-year-old told reporters last month.

“Hopefully I can achieve the goals I want to achieve here at Liverpool in years to come. I am happy to be here for as long as possible. I am just happy to play football at this football club for many years to come.”

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ramsey & Koscielny out of Arsenal's Newcastle clash

705372_heroa.jpg

By George Ankers
Dec 12, 2014 12:11:00

The Welsh midfielder has not recovered from a hamstring injury, while the French centre-back's calf injury creates problems at the back for the Gunners

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has ruled Aaron Ramsey and Laurent Koscielny out of his side's clash with Newcastle on Saturday.

Nacho Monreal is also out, while Calum Chambers is unavailable after receiving a red card in the defeat to Stoke City.

Kieran Gibbs and Mathieu Flamini are available, however, while Alexis Sanchez is set to feature after being rested in midweek.

"It's a shame because he was getting close to matching last season's form," Wenger told reporters of Ramsey, who scored a sensational goal against Galatasaray in midweek before developing a hamstring problem.

With so many absences at the back, the Frenchman accepted: "I have 24 hours to work out the defence.

"[Newcastle] are doing well and are on a good run so it'll be a good challenge for us. Overall we are on a good trend.

"We are united for one target: to do well for the club we love and that's what we want to achieve.

"Alexis, [Olivier] Giroud and [Danny] Welbeck are fit and rested."

Wenger and Magpies manager Alan Pardew have previously exchanged some contentious behaviour on the touchlines but the Gunners boss says that it is in the past and praised his counterpart's work at St James's Park.

"We had a problem once but we sorted it out," Wenger insisted. "He has done very well because he's gone through a difficult patch."

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wenger: Arsenal won't buy in January if everyone is fit

680632_heroa.jpg

By George Ankers
Dec 12, 2014 12:52:00

Though he acknowledges that Laurent Koscielny's injury could change things, the Gunners boss would rather not add to his side over the winter window if not necessary

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says that there would be no need for him to spend in January if his squad are fit.

After failing to sign a replacement for Barcelona-bound Thomas Vermaelen this summer, the Gunners have struggled to deal with Laurent Koscielny’s injury issues, prompting calls from fans for investment over the winter.

Calum Chambers and Nacho Monreal have both spent time filling in at centre-back but the pair will miss Saturday’s game against Newcastle, as well as the Frenchman, while fitness problems continue to plague the team as a whole.

"If everybody's fit, we don't need to go into the transfer market," Wenger told reporters on Friday of his plans for the window, which opens on January 1.

However, the veteran manager indicated that he might have to change his mind if Koscielny’s injury is discovered to be serious.

Mathieu Debuchy – himself only just returning from a long spell on the treatment table – could be pressed into action as a makeshift cente-back against the club from whom he joined Arsenal this summer.

RubbingWarmPusi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Wenger you are really stubborn....already involved in so many competitions and still don't want to provide defensive cover in case of longer term injuries to critical players. You need a DM like Matic too. Flamini can't do it.

Mathieu Debuchy – himself only just returning from a long spell on the treatment table – could be pressed into action as a makeshift cente-back against the club from whom he joined Arsenal this summer.