• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Serie A Season 2014-15 ║

Doumbia

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wanted to show Lotito he was wrong - Hernanes

11 May 2015

842515header.jpg

Inter midfielder Hernanes wanted to show Lazio president Claudio Lotito he was wrong to sell him, firing his new team to a 2-1 win on Sunday.

Hernanes struck twice after Antonio Candreva had put hosts Lazio ahead, seeing Inter to their win at Stadio Olimpico.

The Brazilian joined Inter from Lazio in January 2014, with Lotito saying he had no other choice because Hernanes may have left on a free transfer.

Hernanes said he was inspired to prove Lotito wrong.

"I feel bad for the fans but I wanted to show Lotito he was wrong after he said he did a great deal when he sold me," he told Sky Italia.

"I feel physically much better now and I realise I can make the difference playing behind the strikers. These two factors make me feel more comfortable than ever."

Hernanes felt he had finally shown his new club what he is capable of.

"It was a special match and I wanted to put in a great performance," Hernanes said.

"I wanted to show the Inter supporters that I'm better now and that the real Hernanes wasn't just the one we saw in a Lazio shirt."

Inler

Alfrescian
Loyal

Napoli refute claims they told Parma to lose

11 May 2015

842593header.jpg

Napoli have refuted claims that their players told relegated Parma they should lose during ugly scenes at the end of their 2-2 Serie A draw on Sunday.

Tensions boiled over at the conclusion of the game at the Stadio Ennio Tardini, with Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain and Parma goalkeeper Antonio Mirante needing to be pulled apart after squaring up.

Higuain is reported to have asked Mirante "what do you want? You are already in Serie B" while Parma forward Raffaele Palladino claimed Napoli branded the home players as "failures".

"I was there and I heard what was said after the game," Parma coach Roberto Donadoni told Sport Mediaset. "Having people tell us we should lose just because we're bankrupt and already relegated is disgusting and shameful.

"It wasn't just Higuain, but a few others said the same on the field during the game. When you hear something like that from a director, though, it's a real tragedy.

"This is all incredible. I don't want to name names, as if I have something to say to these people, I'll do it to their faces."

But a statement posted on Napoli's Twitter account read: "All the protests at the final whistle were exclusively based on the continual time-wasting. None of these protests had anything to do with Parma's effort, which obviously was impeccable."

RudiGarcia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Handanovic hopeful over European berth

11 May 2015

842677header.jpg

Samir Handanovic has not given up hope of Inter sneaking into the European places in Serie A after their morale-boosting win over Lazio on Sunday.

A Hernanes double saw Roberto Mancini's men come from behind at the Stadio Olimpico to record a 2-1 victory over nine-man Lazio.

Inter's campaign has been largely disappointing, but, after going seven games unbeaten, Handanovic is confident they can secure a UEFA Europa League place.

"We need to keep fighting for Europe until the end of the season," he told the club's official website. "We have a duty to.

"It was an important win [against Lazio] and I am pleased. We have to produce more of the same.

"It is our duty to keep trying until the end because anything can happen in football."

Inter face Juventus, Genoa and Empoli in their final three games of the season.

DeSanctis

Alfrescian
Loyal

De Vrij rules out Lazio exit

11 May 2015

842746header.jpg

Stefan de Vrij has dealt a blow to Manchester United's hopes of signing him by ruling out a move away from Lazio.

The Netherlands international moved to the Italian capital in July 2014 despite interest from United after the World Cup.

His form for Lazio has supposedly again attracted the attention of his former international coach Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford, but De Vrij is fully focused on achieving success in Italy.

"I'm happy at Lazio and I'll still be here next year," he told Fox Sports.

"I hope to play in the Champions League with this shirt, but that doesn't determine my future. If we don't qualify, it wouldn't change anything - I want to stay here.

"Here in Rome, I've learned a lot and become a better defender. I'm really happy with the choice I made."

Klose

Alfrescian
Loyal

Richards out for around 10 days

11 May 2015

842851header.jpg

Micah Richards will miss Fiorentina's UEFA Europa League semi-final second leg against Sevilla with a hamstring injury.

The England international joined Fiorentina on a season-long loan from Manchester City, and has made 19 appearances in all competitions.

Richards came on as a substitute during the 3-0 defeat to Sevilla in the first leg last week, but will play no part in the return on Thursday.

"Micah Richards underwent tests today which confirmed that he has suffered a minor strain to his left hamstring," a Fiorentina statement read.

"The English defender will be out for around 10 days while he recovers.

"Manuel Vargas also underwent tests today which revealed a strain to his right adductor muscle. Vargas will embark on a two-week treatment programme, at the end of which the Peruvian will have further tests."

DeSanctis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Gervinho suffers hamstring strain

12 May 2015

843212header.jpg

Gervinho may miss the final weeks of the Serie A season after suffering a hamstring strain in Roma's 2-1 defeat to Milan on Saturday.

The Ivorian forward has been a regular for Rudi Garcia's side this season as they have battled with city rivals Lazio for second spot.

However, the 27-year-old – who only has two league goals to his name this term – is a doubt for the last three games of the campaign after being forced off in the 30th minute at San Siro.

"Gervinho underwent tests this morning which revealed he has a minor strain to his hamstring," a statement released by the club on Tuesday read.

"The Ivorian has already begun treatment."

Roma sit one point above Lazio in second place, with the two sides set to go head to head at Stadio Olimpico on May 24.

Ranocchia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benitez banned for one game after insulting remark

12 May 2015

843235header.jpg

Napoli coach Rafael Benitez has been handed a one-game touchline ban after remarks made following his team's 2-2 draw at Parma on Sunday.

Benitez's men twice came from behind to earn a draw against their already-relegated hosts, as their hopes of UEFA Champions League qualification suffered a blow.

After the game, Benitez allegedly shouted "s*** Italian football", a remark that means he will miss the Serie A meeting with Cesena on Monday.

Napoli forward Gonzalo Higuain has also been hit with a €10,000 fine for "severely insulting the opposition goalkeeper", Antonio Mirante.

It is hardly ideal preparation for Napoli's UEFA Europa League semi-final second leg against Dnipro on Thursday, having drawn 1-1 at home in last week's first game.

Podolski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mancini the right man for Inter rebirth - Moratti

13 May 2015

843710header.jpg

Roberto Mancini is the right man to oversee the rebirth of Inter, according to former president Massimo Moratti.

Mancini took over for a second stint at San Siro back in November and, although results did not instantly improve, now has the team very much in the hunt for a UEFA Europa League place.

Inter are two points adrift of Sampdoria in sixth, which will be a Europa League qualification place providing Lazio - who face Juventus in the Coppa Italia final - finish in a UEFA Champions League spot.

And Moratti told Corriere dello Sport: "I am satisfied and I believe that much Mancini deserves a lot of the credit.

"Our coach is a winner and is doing things right. I can see how he has rebuilt the team, giving it self-confidence and a good style of play.

"Against Lazio [in Sunday's 2-1 win] we also had a little luck, which never hurts in football, but the three points are still important for our position in the table.

"The team is in a position to have a good end to the season.

"I can see it going well because the coach has some good ideas from the tactical point of view.

"Of course, Europa League qualification also depends on the results of other teams, those that we still have to chase.

"Meanwhile, we have to think about doing the best we can in the last three matches and then we'll see.

"Mancini is really good at his job and is the right person to entrust with the rebirth of Inter."

Inter close the season with home matches against Juventus and Empoli, with a trip to Genoa in between.

Klose

Alfrescian
Loyal

Milan confirm Robinho departure

13 May 2015

843823header.jpg

Brazil international Robinho has been released from his contract at Milan one year early.

The 31-year-old forward joined Santos on loan in August 2014 after falling out of favour under Milan head coach Filippo Inzaghi, and he is expected to sign permanently with his boyhood club now he is a free agent.

Robinho's return to Brazil produced 12 goals in all competitions, form that has earned his a place in Brazil's provisional squad for the forthcoming Copa America.

"Milan and Robinho have resolved consensually the contract between the Brazilian player to the Rossoneri club until 30 June 2016," the club confirmed on Wednesday.

"The contract is terminated on June 30, 2015, and Robinho will be free from contractual obligations from 1 July 2015.

"AC Milan thanks Robinho. He has made a significant contribution, in terms of goals and performance.

"Although the relationship between the club and the Brazilian are terminated one year prior to the natural expiration of the contract, Milan does not forget the contribution of quality given by Robinho."

Cavani

Alfrescian
Loyal

Serie A Preview: Napoli, Fiorentina out to avenge European exits

15 May 2015

844694header.jpg

Napoli have to recover from their UEFA Europa League exit in quick time, as they host relegated Cesena in a crucial Serie A fixture on Monday.

Rafa Benitez's men exited the semi-finals at the hands of Ukrainian outfit Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, losing the two-leg tie 2-1 on Thursday.

But still in the hunt for the UEFA Champions League next season, the Naples outfit can produce a response at home to second-bottom Cesena at the Stadio San Paolo as they look to put pressure on Roma and Lazio.

Roma (64 points) and Lazio (63) occupy the remaining Champions League spots behind Scudetto winners Juventus (80), but Napoli (60) are well and truly alive for higher European honours next season.

Roma host Udinese on Sunday, after Lazio are on the road at Sampdoria on Saturday.

Cagliari are on the verge of being dumped to Serie B, ahead of their hosting of Palermo on Sunday.

Playing at the same time are Atalanta, who have an eight-point buffer on Cagliari - and if the former defeats Genoa at home, the Sardinians will drop to the second division.

There is a virtual four-way fight for the remaining two UEFA Europa League spots, assuming Napoli have one sealed already.

Fiorentina (fifth, 55 points), Sampdoria (sixth, 54), Genoa (seventh, 53) and Inter (eighth, 52) are all in the race, and are all last-start winners.

Vincenzo Montella's Fiorentina, like Napoli, must respond to a poor loss in the Europa League semis, when they succumbed to Sevilla 5-0 on aggregate, in their clash with bottom side Parma on Monday.

Inter will be hoping Juventus are still distracted from booking a spot in the Champions League final, when they do battle at San Siro to open the weekend's action on Saturday.

Other fixtures at the weekend see Sassuolo host Milan, while Chievo will look to extend a six-game unbeaten streak at Torino, and Empoli and Hellas Verona (both 41 points) go head-to-head.

Inler

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benitez poised for talks over Napoli future

15 May 2015

844771header.jpg

Rafael Benitez is set for showdown talks with president Aurelio De Laurentiis over his Napoli future – but the Spaniard has played down the significance of the side's UEFA Europa League semi-final exit.

A 1-0 defeat at Dnipro on Thursday sealed a 2-1 aggregate loss in a last-four tie that Napoli were overwhelming favourites to win.

Former Liverpool boss Benitez, who won the Coppa Italia last season during his first campaign in charge, has been linked with a possible Premier League return, although he was coy when quizzed on his future after crashing out of Europe.

"No, this result doesn't change anything," said the Napoli head coach. I must talk with the president, as I said.

"I think I will do it this week or next, we'll see."

Napoli are fourth in Serie A, three points adrift of third-placed Lazio with three games remaining in the fight for a UEFA Champions League spot.

Mancini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mancini seeks midfield experience, but remains coy on Toure

15 May 2015

844908header.jpg

Roberto Mancini believes an experienced central midfielder could improve Inter, but remained coy on speculation surrounding a reunion with Yaya Toure.

Toure was an integral part of Mancini's team at former club Manchester City, the midfielder winning the FA Cup and Premier League title under the Italian.

Mancini is reportedly keen on linking up with Toure again, while Inter owner Erick Thohir has spoken of his desire to bring the Ivory Coast international to San Siro.

Pointing to Andrea Pirlo's success at Juventus during the latter stage of his career, Mancini stated that an older head in his midfield would help the team.

"Pirlo is one of the greatest midfielders of the past 15 years," he said. "Leaving Milan not everyone thought he had made the right choice, but Juventus did even better.

"If we find a player like that, so be it. Important players of 32-33 years of age can still make a difference for Inter. It could [be Toure]. He's a great player, but he is a player for City, we will see."

Inter have finally started to show improvements after initially struggling when Mancini returned to the club in November.

The club are on a seven-match unbeaten run, including a 2-1 win at third-placed Lazio last weekend.

Serie A champions Juventus provide the next test, and Mancini is expecting to face a buoyant Juve side after they triumphed 3-2 on aggregate over Real Madrid to reach the UEFA Champions League final.

"Juventus will be tough because reaching a final creates a great mood about the place," he added. "Whoever plays will give 100 per cent.

"The team has improved and become exactly that - a team. We still have to work on some weaknesses.

"The rivalry between Juventus and Inter needs to stay on the pitch and I think it can add spice to the game."

Michu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sassuolo v Milan: Bocchetti warns of complacency after Roma win

15 May 2015

844949header.jpg

Salvatore Bocchetti warned Milan not to take last week's victory over Roma for granted when they visit Sassuolo on Sunday.

The future of head coach Filippo Inzaghi was cast into doubt as a run of three straight Serie A defeats led to reports of a falling out with his squad and fan unrest.

However, there was a rare highlight in a disappointing season for Milan as they defeated Rudi Garcia's side 2-1 at San Siro with Marco van Ginkel and former Roma man Mattia Destro both on the scoresheet.

Next up is a trip to the Mapei Stadium to face a Sassuolo side that ended a five-match winless run with a 3-2 victory at Cesena last time out.

Defender Bocchetti, who joined on loan from Spartak Moscow in January, says Milan - who are 10th - are in confident mood, but is expecting a tough away trip.

"We have to keep believing until the end, there are still nine points available, and we could still move up the table," he told the club's official website.

"We needed it [the win over Roma]. We were pleased with our performance in that match and I think we played better than Roma.

“We created a lot, but the important thing was the win.

"I think it was a deserved victory. On Sunday the game allowed us to overcome a difficult run. We're a team, and we have to move together in the right direction.

"As for Sassuolo, they're a team in form and they have dangerous players so we have to be very careful. They have very good players in attack, so it'll be a tough game."

In a further boost to Milan, forward Stephan El Shaarawy trained with his team-mates for the first time this week since suffering a foot injury in January, having previously been working on an individual programme.

Sassuolo, who lie 16th, have enjoyed success in recent times against Milan - winning January's reverse fixture 2-1, while four goals from Domenico Berardi saw them edge last season's corresponding clash 4-3 in a seven-goal thriller.

The victory over Cesena ensured mathematical safety and a third consecutive season in Serie A.

Sassuolo's success has seen head coach Eusebio Di Francesco linked with other clubs, with the man himself stating that he would meet with the board to discuss the club's vision for the future in the coming weeks.

RudiGarcia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Juve have strong Dybala interest but foreign clubs also pressing - Palermo

paulo-dybala-palermo_qhds3y5td63b1dtlgz5d6omfq.jpg

By Kris Voakes
May 13, 2015 17:00:26

Palermo vice-president Guglielmo Micicche has insisted the Old Lady could still sign the Argentine striker despite a lack of recent talks

Juventus still have a “strong interest” in signing Palermo striker Paulo Dybala, claims the Sicilian club’s vice-president Guglielmo Micicche.

The 21-year-old is the Old Lady’s primary target to add to their forward line ahead of the 2015-16 season, but there has also been reported interest shown by Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Paris Saint-Germain.

And while Micicche has admitted that no talks have taken place recently, he insists Juve are still very much on the Dybala trail.

“There is no new news at the moment, but I can confirm a strong interest from Juventus,” Micicche told Tutto Juve.

“Our president Maurizio Zamparini is abroad at the moment, so we will wait for him until we return for more talks.

“It is not certain that discussions will close in the next week, although there will be telephone contact between Zamparini and Juventus’ Beppe Marotta at the weekend. We’re looking for a solution along with Dybala’s agent.”

Micicche added that Juve are not the only interested party.

“Juventus have a big chance, but there are also foreign clubs pressing. If there is more than one offer the same amount, it will be up to the player to decide which club he prefers.

“Juve are the only Italian club who are making a move in the Champions League, which is a fundamental requirement for him and something Milan and Inter cannot offer.”

Klose

Alfrescian
Loyal

Parma valuation drops after no bids

18 May 2015

846467header.jpg

Parma's administrators have announced they have yet to receive any offers for the beleaguered club, and as a result will reduce the asking price to €11.25million.

The Serie A strugglers were put up for sale last month with a starting price of €20m, but there have been no official bids.

As a result, the asking price has been lowered in an attempt to attract investors for Parma, who have been relegated to Serie B.

A statement released by Parma on Monday read: "No binding offer for the purchase [of Parma] has been delivered to Julius Almansi, appointed by judge Pietro Rogato to oversee the sale of Parma,"

"The new deadline for submission of tenders is set for May 22.

"As specified by the tender rules, the base price for the third procedure will be lowered by 25 per cent to €11.25million."

Parma - who's relegation was confirmed at the end of April - were declared bankrupt in March with debts of €218m, and have been deducted points on three occasions for failing to pay their staff.

Podolski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Romulo to miss Juve run-in

18 May 2015

846631header.jpg

Juventus midfielder Romulo will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a thigh tear during Saturday's 2-1 win over Inter.

The 27-year-old was given only his third start of the Serie A campaign at San Siro and played the full 90 minutes as Juve picked up their 25th league win under Massimiliano Allegri.

However, the former Verona man will play no further part in the final weeks of 2014-15 after suffering the tear in his left leg, ruling him out of the finals for both the UEFA Champions League and Coppa Italia.

"Juventus midfielder Romulo underwent an MRI scan on his left thigh after reporting discomfort at the end of Saturday evening’s 2-1 victory away at Inter," the Serie A champions confirmed in a statement.

"The examination showed he has suffered a myotendinous tear of the rectus femoris muscle, meaning he will miss the remainder of the season."

Podolski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Boateng open to Milan return

19 May 2015

846933header.jpg

Exiled Schalke midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng is open to the possibility of a return to Milan, but plans to take time to ponder his options.

Boateng and team-mate Sidney Sam were suspended indefinitely by Schalke earlier this month following the Gelsenkirchen side's 2-0 Bundesliga defeat to Cologne.

General manager Horst Heldt later stated there was "no way back" for the duo, leaving Boateng's future up in the air.

A move to Milan, where he spent three years between 2010 and 2013, has been touted and Boateng spoke of his admiration for the San Siro club.

"Milan is a city I love, I love living there and my girlfriend lives there and in football you never know," he told Italian TV show 'Tiki Taka'.

"I will consider everything after the holidays, now I prefer to just relax."

Milan have endured a torrid time in Serie A this term, sitting 11th after 36 matches.

And Boateng is saddened by the club's struggles, adding: "We had a really incredible group with champions such as [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic and [Clarence] Seedorf.

"It hurts to see the side under pressure even if bad times can happen to anyone."

Inler

Alfrescian
Loyal

Juve want to buy Zaza back - Sassuolo

19 May 2015

846951header.jpg

Sassuolo managing director and chief executive Giovanni Carnevali has revealed Serie A champions Juventus want to exercise a buy-back clause in Simone Zaza's contract.

Juve and Sassuolo each owned half of Zaza's registration rights until Sassuolo bought the forward outright from the Turin club in June last year.

However, the deal contains a clause in which Juve can purchase the Italy forward - who was scored 10 goals this season - again.

"Juve want him," Carnevali told Sky Sport Italia. "We're looking around for a possible replacement."

Asked about the future of Domenico Berardi, who is co-owned by Juve but has spent the last two seasons on loan at Sassuolo, Carnevali added: "As for Berardi, he won't necessarily leave, maybe he'll stay."

Michu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Inter given Curva Nord sanction following Pogba abuse

19 May 2015

847059header.jpg

Inter have been handed a partial one-match stadium ban, suspended for a year, following racist abuse of Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.

The incident occurred during Juve's 2-1 win at San Siro on Saturday, which saw the champions come from behind following Mauro Icardi's early opener.

On Tuesday, Serie A released a statement which declared "chants unmistakably expressive of discrimination on the grounds of race" were aimed at Pogba.

Inter now face a closure of the second level of the Curva Nord, with the sanction suspended for 12 months.

"If a similar violation is committed during this period, the suspension will be lifted, and the penalty will be added to that imposed for the new violation," continued the statement.

Marchisio

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ravanelli backs Juve for treble success

20 May 2015

847470header.jpg

Former Juventus striker Fabrizio Ravanelli has backed the Italian champions to surprise Europe and claim a treble under Massimiliano Allegri this season.

Having already secured the Scudetto for a fourth-successive season, Juve face Lazio in the Coppa Italia final on Wednesday before meeting Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League final in Berlin next month.

Many have commented on Barca's chances of lifting three trophies this season, but Ravanelli believes his former club can go all the way and claim their first Coppa Italia since 1995 and then lift the Champions League for the third time to complete a first clean sweep for the Turin giants.

"Juve can do it," he told Tuttosport. "In this condition they can do anything, I see them playing well, so well. They have played with authority, they have heart.

"Winning is always good. After winning the Scudetto, taking the Coppa Italia would make it even easier to win the Champions League because the team would arrive in Berlin even more convinced of their ability.

"On paper Juve have no reason to be jealous of the biggest European clubs. They have the strongest goalkeeper in the world, an unbreakable defence, a midfield dream and an attack composed of elements that are phenomenal. "