• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ La Liga Season 2013-14 ║

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

309896_thumb.jpg

Granada 0-1 Real Madrid: Early Benzema strike proves decisive
A solitary strike from the France striker was the difference between the two sides at Estadio Nuevo Los Carmenes

309868_thumb.jpg

Sevilla seal Mbia loan switch
The midfielder will play in La Liga this season as los Rojiblancos look to strengthen in the middle of the park and build on their ninth-placed finish last term

308600_thumb.jpg

Messi resumes full training
The Argentine had missed Barca's win over Malaga at the weekend due to a thigh knock but practised normally ahead of their clash with Atletico Madrid on Wednesday

309468_thumb.jpg

Callejon thrilled with debut goal
The Spaniard found the target during Napoli's 3-0 win over Bologna on Sunday and is determined to continue in the same vein for the rest of the season

309508_thumb.jpg

Xavi: La Liga not a two-horse race
The 33-year-old feels that Malaga showed enough against Barcelona at the Rosaleda on Sunday to suggest that they will be competitive this season

305234_thumb.jpg

Ajax reject Atletico offer for Alderweireld
The 24-year-old centre-half has previously stated that he would like to move to the Premier Leageu but it is the Rojiblancos who have made a bid for the Belgium international

159022_thumb.jpg

Zubizarreta: Tata right to handle Neymar with care
The former Santos starlet has yet to start a competitive fixture for the Blaugrana but the Blaugrana official feels he will benefit in the long term

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real Madrid and Tottenham agree world record €100m Bale deal

309712_heroa.jpg

How Gareth Bale might look in a Real Madrid shirt

Aug 26, 2013 10:50:00 AM

The Welshman is set to be confirmed as a Blancos player imminently after Spurs finally accepted the deal, with Roma star Erik Lamela lined up as a replacement

By Greg Stobart

Real Madrid and Tottenham have agreed a world record €100 million deal for Gareth Bale to join Real Madrid.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy finally accepted the Spanish giants’ offer on Sunday and official confirmation of the transfer is expected to be made imminently.

The clubs have come to an agreement on a straight cash deal to be paid in three installments, as Bale becomes the most expensive player in history, eclipsing the €93m Madrid paid Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009.

Tottenham have spoken to Madrid at length about including players in the deal, but left-back Fabio Coentrao is not part of the agreement while Real refused to include young striker Alvaro Morata in the transfer.

Bale is expected to sign a six-year contract at the Santiago Bernabeu reported to be worth €10m a year after tax, where pictures emerged on Friday of the club setting up a stage inside the stadium for his presentation to the supporters.

Tottenham’s decision to accept Real’s offer brings to an end a protracted summer of speculation and negotiations over the Welshman’s future.

Bale shocked Spurs when he told the club he wanted to leave during their pre-season tour of Hong Kong in July while Real Madrid were very public in their courtship of last season’s PFA Player of the Year.

Perez was desperate to make Bale his latest galactico signing after missing out to Barcelona in the race for Brazilian star Neymar at the start of the summer.

Bale has spent the weekend in Marbella in Spain having been given two days off by Villas-Boas, and he is expected to return to England briefly on Monday before flying out to Madrid.

Tottenham are hoping to conclude a €35m move for Roma winger Erik Lamela in the next 48 hours, with the Argentine considered a direct replacement for Bale, who was pencilled in to play on the right of a front three this season.

Spurs have agreed the basics of the deal but remain cautious following Willian’s decision to join Chelsea from Anzhi Makhachkala despite completing a medical and agreeing terms with the north Londoners.

Romanian centre-back Vlad Chiriches is also expected to join from Steaua Bucharest this week in a €9.3m deal, while manager Andre Villas-Boas still wants a left-back and a creative player before the transfer window closes on September 2.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Deco announces retirement

263781_heroa.jpg

By Enis Koylu139
Aug 26, 2013 3:36:00 PM

The 35-year-old says his body will not let him continue his career, having represented the likes of Barcelona, Chelsea and Porto over the last 17 years

Former Barcelona and Chelsea star Deco has announced his retirement from football on the eve of his 36th birthday.

The ex-Portugal international began his career with Salgueiros in his native Brazil before winning a move to Porto in 1999, becoming a naturalised citizen of his adopted country in the process.

Following the club's Champions League triumph in 2004, he left the Primeira Liga for Barcelona, spending four years at Camp Nou before moving to Stamford Bridge for two seasons.

He left European football for good in 2010, returning to Brazil with Fluminense, and has decided to call it a day after three years in South America.

"With great sadness and regret I announce the end of my career as a professional athlete," he is quoted as saying by AS.

"The last minutes with Fluminense on Wednesday were my last of my 17 years as a footballer.

"I would have loved to continue until the end of the Brasileiro and help the team get back in the Libertadores but my body wouldn't let me.

"I'm very grateful for all the trust and affection."

The attacking midfielder won 75 caps for Portugal over the course of a seven-year international career, representing them in two European Championships and two World Cups.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ancelotti sticking with Lopez

301185_heroa.jpg

By Alec Fenn165
Aug 26, 2013 10:59:00 PM

The Italian has been pleased with the performances of his goalkeeper so far this season and is not considering a change between the posts

Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti says Diego Lopez is currently his first choice goalkeeper after starting the first two games of the season ahead of Iker Casillas.

Los Blancos recorded a narrow 1-0 win over Granada on Monday night thanks to a Karim Benzema goal in the first half, but the major talking point was again the decision to leave Casillas on the bench.

The Spain No.1 was discarded by Jose Mourinho at the Santiago Bernabeu last season and though many expected him to reclaim his starting berth under Ancelotti this term, the Italian has so far opted to stick with Lopez - a decision he was happy to stand by after the match.

He told reporters after the game: "Diego Lopez played the first game and now he has played the second game.

"He is playing well at the moment. There is nothing more. The pressure is fuel to me (regarding the focus on the decision)."

Monday's victory was their second in as many league outings and Ancelotti reserved special praise for Benzema's goalscoring start to the season after grinding out the three points.

"Benzema is playing well and scoring. He has started well in the league," he added.

"The team was balanced. Luka Modric and Isco played well. Isco had to sacrifice a bit because he can attack more. The work of Di Maria was also important."

The former Paris Saint-Germain boss, who only took over the reins in the Spanish capital over the summer, then revealed he had observed Barcelona's narrow win over Malaga with interest.

Ancelotti added: "I saw the Barcelona match and it was also difficult for them. At the moment the most important thing is to get points and work for the short term."

Madrid are next in action on Friday when they host Athletic Bilbao.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arbeloa: We must not kill each other over Casillas-Lopez controversy

270810_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle3
Aug 27, 2013 8:27:00 AM

The full-back says the Blancos skipper retains his full support but argues that every player must accept that there is always a chance of being dropped

Alvaro Arbeloa has moved to quell the controversy surrounding Carlo Ancelotti's preference for Diego Lopez over club captain Iker Casillas, urging his Real Madrid team-mates not to fall out over the issue.

After a very public falling-out with former Blancos boss Jose Mourinho, Casillas had been expected to reclaim his starting berth this season under new coach Ancelotti, but the Italian has gone with Lopez for the opening two rounds of the Liga campaign, including Monday's win over Granada.

That has caused uproar at the Santiago Bernabeu, where Casillas remains an icon, but Arbeloa would like to see an end to the unrest.

"The season is very long," the Blancos full-back told reporters after Monday night's game against Granada. "It's 11 months, so there's plenty of time for everyone to help out.

"Iker is our captain and he has a lot of experience but he should be an equal. I understand and support Iker, but we are professionals.

"Whoever plays will have our support, and the fans should do the same. The debate is out there but it is the reporters who are more interested in it. We're calm.

"We must respect the coach's decisions. We have to focus on the team. We already have too many enemies without trying to kill each other!"

Madrid made it two wins from two in la Liga with a 1-0 win over Granada, with Karim Benzema scoring the only goal of the game.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Supercopa de Espana Preview: Barcelona v Atletico Madrid

26 August 2013

358713header.jpg

Bet <select class="amounts" id="id_42" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;"> <option value="5" selected="selected" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£5</option> <option value="10" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£10</option> <option value="20" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£20</option> <option value="50" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£50</option> <option value="100" style="font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-weight: normal;">£100</option> </select>Returns:
Barcelona
£6.80
Draw
£27.50
Atlético Madrid
£40.00

<tbody>
</tbody>

Barcelona hold a slender advantage as they prepare to host Atletico Madrid in the second leg of the Supercopa de Espana on Wednesday.

The Catalan club lead the tie by virtue of away goals after earning a 1-1 draw in Madrid, as Neymar's 66th-minute header cancelled out David Villa's impressive volleyed opener at the Vicente Calderon.

For that reason, Gerardo Martino's side go into the return fixture as slight favourites to seal an 11th Supercopa success in their fifth consecutive appearance in the competition.

Atletico, meanwhile, have only won the Supercopa on one occasion in their history - at the start of the 1984-85 season - and have finished as runners-up on three occasions since.

Barcelona have several injury concerns ahead of the game at Camp Nou, with Adriano (hamstring) a doubt, while Ibrahim Afellay (thigh), Isaac Cuenca (knee) and Carles Puyol (knee) all still out.
Lionel Messi, who is the all-time top scorer in the Supercopa with 10 goals, could also miss out after failing to feature in Sunday's nervy 1-0 victory against Malaga due to a thigh issue, although he has returned to training.

Atletico have no such worries, and come into the game full of confidence after a crushing 5-0 win over Rayo Vallecano in La Liga.
Diego Costa netted his second and third goals of the new league season in that fixture, with the Brazilian looking in ominous form for Diego Simeone's side.

With Barcelona's away goal seeing them in the lead, Atletico will likely need to pull off their first win at Camp Nou since the 2005-06 campaign if they are to emerge with the trophy.

KangTao

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eric_Lum said:
i am a moron :(
Also a gong cheebye because ultimately the forum host is the one who allowed the football betting advertisers here. lol

Banner sponsorship has reached a level where all the monthly overheads are now covered. I would like to thank all those here for helping to make this happen.

KotexFreedom said:
I'm a freeloader and a loser because i don't make soccer predictions while lurking in this forum for soccer tips. When results don't go my way, the world owes me a living sigh..
That explains your fucked up character in this forum and your life. :biggrin:

ImerysAsia said:
Yippee! I consider myself to be fortunate to be abused like a dog when i see the names of my clones mentioned in siggies when i come to this forum everyday :p

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Supercopa de Espana: Barcelona 0 Atletico Madrid 0 (agg 1-1, Barca win on away goals)
29 August 2013

358912header.jpg

Barcelona have claimed the Spanish Supercopa after playing out a 0-0 draw with Atletico Madrid in the second leg at the Nou Camp.

Barca star Lionel Messi was fit for the clash despite missing their weekend battle with Malaga, although the usually clinical Argentine missed a penalty late on.

Nonetheless, the Catalan club held on for their 11th Supercopa in the club's history, and their fourth in five years - claiming the silverware on away goals after the first leg in Madrid finished 1-1.

The game was void of clear-cut chances for much of the opening 45 minutes, with the best opportunity of the half falling Atletico's way in the shadows of half-time.

Atletico left-back Filipe Luis burst down the wing and squared a ball for Turkish attacker Arda Turan, who turned Gerard Pique inside out, galloped into the box and lashed a blistering shot - only kept out by a brilliant reflex save from Barca custodian Victor Valdes.

There was much more action in the second stanza as both teams upped the ante to find a winner.

But as the second half went on, tensions flared - and Atletico bore the brunt with two red cards, one to Filipe for lashing out with an elbow at Dani Alves off the ball.

Turan then saw red, but only after he had already been substituted 20 minutes earlier.

Messi had the chance to ice the game from the spot, but he fired his penalty into the crossbar, after Pedro was crashed into inside the area to earn the spot-kick.

The match was significant for Barcelona as it was Brazilian starlet Neymar's first start for his new club, after he scored what proved to be the cup-winning goal in the first leg when he was a second-half substitute.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Di Maria: I am going nowhere

28 August 2013

358855header.jpg

Real Madrid winger Angel di Maria has reiterated his desire to remain with the club, despite renewed reports linking him with a move away.

Di Maria, 25, is believed to be a transfer target of both Arsenal and Turkish Super Lig club Galatasaray - with his future in the Spanish capital having been placed under the spotlight by the impending arrival of Tottenham's Gareth Bale.

Bale appears to be nearing a conclusion in his lengthy transfer saga and now looks set to join Real for a world record fee.

He is sure to occupy one of the two wing spots available at the Bernabeu, with Cristiano Ronaldo a certainty to fill the other.

However, Di Maria - who joined Real from Benfica in 2010 - has no intention of leaving the club.

The Argentinean featured in Real's 1-0 win at Granada on Monday and has reiterated his desire to see out the remainder of his contract with the club.

Di Maria told AS: "I understand that the club is strengthening and they are precise in what they do.

"But I signed up to 2018 just a year ago and my desire is to stay at the Bernabeu."

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ozil underlines desire to stay at Real Madrid

28 August 2013

358895header.jpg

Real Madrid midfielder Mesut Ozil has quashed speculation over his future by insisting he wants to stay with the club.

The German playmaker has been strongly linked with a departure from the Bernabeu of late, with the signing of Isco from Malaga thought to have put his position under threat.

But Ozil, who has been linked to Premier League duo Arsenal and Manchester United, has claimed he has the full backing of new coach Carlo Ancelotti and wants to remain in the Spanish capital.

"The coach has confidence in me and I feel very good," he said. "I want to be successful.

"A lot has been written in the media about other teams, but I have a contract with Real Madrid and I am staying here. I have the coach’s confidence and I feel very good.

"Also, I have a contract until 2016. I have a very good understanding with all my teammates and it is a pleasure and an honour to play for Real Madrid."

The Germany international also underlined his desire to help Real Madrid enjoy a successful season following a 2012-13 campaign that resulted in no silverware.

"When you play for a team as important as Real Madrid, you have to win titles and we will do everything possible," he added.

"We will work hard. We are a club that has special players and I am convinced that we will win titles this year. We have our aims and each of us has a role and we will try to win all of the titles on offer.

"That's one of the big reasons for me being here".

Ozil has made 158 appearances for Real Madrid since his 2010 move from Werder Bremen, scoring 27 goals in that time.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Martino dedicates Supercopa win to Tito

310783_heroa.jpg

By Stefan Coerts11
Aug 29, 2013 8:22:00 AM

The Argentine coach has highlighted his predecessor's role in Barcelona's first trophy of the new season and was pleased to see Lionel Messi team up with Neymar in attack

Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino has dedicated his side's Supercopa de Espana win at the expense of Atletico Madrid to former boss Tito Vilanova, who was forced to step down due to illness earlier this summer.

The Blaugrana recorded a 0-0 draw at home against Atletico on Wednesday after a 1-1 draw at the Vicente Calderon last week to win the Supercup for the 11th time in their history on away goals, and Martino was quick to highlight Vilanova's role in their success.

"It’s a final that we featured in because of the good work from last season. I’m here because of a tragedy. We’re champions because of the players, Tito and the coaching staff," Martino said at a press conference.

Lionel Messi and Neymar started a competitive game together for the first time at Camp Nou on Wednesday, and Martino is hopeful it will prove to be the start of an exceptional partnership.

"They played a good game, even though it’s true that they didn’t link-up much.

"I’m certain, however, that they will find each other on the pitch."

Barcelona resume La Liga action on September 1 when they travel to Valencia.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Atletico can't compete with Barca - Simeone

308175_heroa.jpg

By Enis Koylu138
Aug 29, 2013 12:59:00 AM

The Rojiblancos boss says his side can only match Spain's finest over one match, rather than a 38-game season after watching the Blaugrana claim the Supercopa

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone says his side cannot compete with Barcelona and Real Madrid after losing the Supercopa de Espana to the Blaugrana.

Gerardo Martino's men claimed the first silverware of the season on away goals, with Neymar's first-leg strike to record a 1-1 draw proving the difference after a 0-0 stalemate at Camp Nou.

And Simeone believes that his side can only match Spain's top teams over 90 minutes, not over a 38-game season.

"Barca are better than us, Real Madrid are better than us," he told reporters after the game.

"Their economic strength puts them out of our reach. In a one-off match we can try and match them, but not over a league season."

Atleti had two players see red over the course of the match, with four others picking up bookings, but Simeone went on to defend his side's approach.

"It’s normal for there to be contact in football," he added.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

286377_thumb.jpg

Athletic Bilbao reject Manchester United's €30m bid for Ander Herrera
The Premier League champions have launched a big-money bid for the former Spain Under-21 international after being frustrated by Everton's stance over Marouane Fellaini

296046_thumb.jpg

Galliani: Kaka has always remained in our hearts
The Brazilian admitted on Thursday evening that he feels it is now time to leave the Santiago Bernabeu, with los Blancos set to add Gareth Bale to an already stellar forward line

311022_thumb.jpg

Kaka double sees Madrid lift Teresa Herrera trophy
Los Blancos triumphed in the annual pre-season tournament, with Cristiano Ronaldo, Iker Casillas and Casemiro all featuring

308600_thumb.jpg

Bayern defeat still hurts, says Messi
The Argentine admits last season's European exit still hurts but is keen to make up for that disappointment this time around

311021_thumb.jpg

Kaka: I want to leave Real Madrid
The Brazilian midfielder has told coach Carlo Ancelotti that he wishes to depart the Santiago Bernabeu this summer

301848_thumb.jpg

Cruyff backs Ajax to stun Barcelona
The Netherlands legend is confident that the Dutch giants can emerge from the group stages of the competition

310601_thumb.jpg

Guardiola keen on Premier League 'adventure'
The Spaniard has underlined his future ambition to coach in England's top flight, and insists he has nothing but respect for Jose Mourinho, despite their colourful past

298796_thumb.jpg

Juventus: Llorente is not joining Barcelona
Juve's sporting director Giuseppe Marotta has dismissed suggestions the attacker could leave the club just two months after arriving from Athletic Bilbao on a Bosman

284698_thumb.jpg

Barcelona's Supercopa win is just the start, warns Valdes
The goalkeeper’s heroics earned Barca their first silverware of the season despite Lionel Messi missing a penalty against Atletico Madrid, and he insists "there’s more to come"

309919_thumb.jpg

Ronaldo set to snub Uefa ceremony for friendly
The 28-year-old is reportedly set to decline the opportunity to attend the Best Player in Europe event in Monaco on Thursday in favour of competing in a friendly

304686_thumb.jpg

Ribery better than Ronaldo, claims Hoeness
The Bayern supremo believes the Frenchman is the clear choice to win the Best Player in Europe award ahead of the Portuguese star and Lionel Messi

304505_thumb.jpg

Arsenal wait on €30 million Di Maria bid
The Gunners have tabled a formal offer for the Argentina winger after securing Champions League qualification but Real refuse to sanction any outgoings until Gareth Bale is signed

309519_thumb.jpg

Referees must protect Barcelona, says Pique
The Spain international believes officials should be more proactive on the pitch while admitting that his side must look to improve their form

281683_thumb.jpg

Ribery confident of beating Messi & Ronaldo to Best Player in Europe award
The Frenchman believes there are few who can boast a better 2012-13 season than him and is confident his side can beat Chelsea in the European Supercup

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real Madrid: Spurs 'stalling' Bale deal

311056_heroa.jpg

By Mark Doyle81
Aug 30, 2013 7:36:00 AM

The deal had been expected to go through at the start of the week, but the English outfit do not want to sanction the Welshman's departure until a replacement has been signed

Real Madrid vice-president Fernando Fernandez-Tapias has accused Tottenham of "stalling" the club's bid to sign Gareth Bale.

Los Blancos had been expected to complete the deal earlier this week, and had even constructed a stage on which to unveil the 24-year-old attacker at the Santiago Bernabeu, only to be forced to dismantle it as the transfer was held up by Spurs' desire to sign a replacement before selling the Wales international.

While Fernandez-Tapias is still confident that Madrid will belatedly get their man, he admits that the Liga giants have been frustrated by Tottenham's behaviour.

"There are problems, but I think it will all be straightened out," he is quoted as saying by AS. "We thought he'd be here, but he hasn't even flown to Madrid yet, although it could still happen

"I think it will happen, but I couldn't swear to it completely. We have to wait, because Spurs are stalling."

Fernandez-Tapias argued, though, that Madrid are more than capable of challenging for titles even if the deal does not go through before the close of the transfer window on September 2.

"I have no doubt of Bale's ability, but without Bale, Real are still a force to be reckoned with - we have an amazing team," he declared.

Bale, who scored 26 goals in 44 appearances for Tottenham last term, is reportedly set to join Madrid for a world-record fee.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Real Madrid dismantle Bale stage as presentation is put on hold

309690_heroa.jpg

Aug 29, 2013 3:15:00 PM

Carlo Ancelotti's side play at home to Athletic Bilbao on Sunday and the unveiling of their world record signing is set to be put back until early next week

By Ben Hayward

Real Madrid are set to take down the stage set up at the Santiago Bernabeu for the presentation of Gareth Bale, with the Welsh forward now unlikely to be unveiled by the Spanish side until Monday.

Madrid erected the platform at the Santiago Bernabeu last Friday and had hoped to unveil the Tottenham midfielder on Tuesday, but Spurs chairman Daniel Levy was upset by those tactics and also annoyed that Real president Florentino Perez coincided with Bale in Marbella earlier this week.

CENTRE STAGE FOR BALE - BUT NOT YET

308878hp2.jpg

While a €100m deal is already in place, Tottenham are waiting to bring in replacements for the 24-year-old, with Willian's last minute change of heart having held up the announcement, after the Brazilian opted to move to Chelsea instead of White Hart Lane this week.

Despite that setback, Spurs have tied up a deal to bring in Erik Lamela from Roma and also hope to complete the signing of Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen.

Madrid, meanwhile, were in action in a friendly against Deportivo La Coruna in Galicia on Thursday and a deal has still not been announced, even though Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has admitted that the move could go ahead "very soon".

That means the official presentation is set to be put back until Monday (the last day of the transfer window) and, with Madrid in action at home to Athletic Bilbao at midday on Sunday, the stage will need to be dismantled and then erected again after the Liga clash at the Bernabeu.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Friday August 30 2013

‘Barca won’t sign anyone else’

By Football Espana staff

freixa-toni490ai_1.jpg

Barcelona spokesman Toni Freixa has commented that the club have decided provisionally not to sign any more players this summer.

The club picked up Neymar from Santos at the start of the window and had been expected to bring in another centre-back to strengthen with.

However, on from reports that Coach Tata Martino is happy with his current selection in the position, the Catalans have confirmed their position in the final few days of the market.

“The club decides based on the consensus of those who have a voice. The view of the Coach is included and the decision of the club is not to sign,” Freixa told reporters this week.

“The team is closed, but the club must always be attentive to the market. It would be remiss not to be. These days you can always get something.”

Freixa was asked of criticism of the club embarking on an extensive preseason tour.

“We have to focus on concrete matters. We should not dramatise. When we carry out projects, it is possible that not everything goes as you plan it.

“We understand and take action to make it a success in every way. We know there is a World Cup next year and we will not jeopardise the performance of the players. We do not know yet if we will tour next summer.”

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thursday August 29 2013

Agent: Kagawa not off to Atleti

By Football Espana staff

1083186-17247644-640-360.jpg

Shinji Kagawa’s agent has denied reports that Atletico Madrid are in contention to take the Manchester United midfielder on loan this season.

The Japan international moved from Borussia Dortmund to Old Trafford last summer, but struggled during his first season to establish a regular place in the team.

On from sending Angelo Henriquez out on loan yesterday for the season to Real Zaragoza, The Red Devils were reported in The Daily Mail has having been approached by Atleti for Kagawa.

It was speculated that Los Colchoneros had offered to take the 24-year-old to the Vicente Calderon on a season-long loan deal, but the player’s agent has clarified the situation.

“Shinji will currently not be leaving Manchester United. He wants to fight for his place,” Thomas Kroth told ESPN today.

“Because of the Confederations Cup, he did not have a full pre-season and therefore still has a training deficit. That’s why he, until now, has won hardly any playing time.

“Atletico made an enquiry, although this was never an issue for Shinji.”

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

311018_thumb.jpg

Messi: I was afraid of broken bones
The Argentine has conceded that he had no idea what his recent injury was at first and has insisted that no one lied over the true nature of the knock

311472_thumb.jpg

Levante kick off Liga action with last-minute win
The Valencian side have picked up their victory of the season at Rayo Vallecano as Elche claimed a dramatic point away to Almeria

258374_thumb.jpg

Pique revels in Guardiola success over Mourinho
The Barcelona defender could not contain his excitement as his former coach triumphed over his old adversary

267874_thumb.jpg

Tello signs Barcelona extension
The winger has penned his second contract inside the last 12 months, with two years being added to his current deal

273154_thumb.jpg

Kondogbia completes Monaco move
The 20-year-old has signed a five-year deal with the big-spending Ligue 1 outfit after opting to leave Spain

310358_thumb.jpg

Bale's lawyers in Spain to finalise Real Madrid deal
After Erik Lamela's €30 million move to Tottenham was confirmed on Friday, the announcement of the Welshman's proposed world-record transfer could take place by 10.00BST

307056_thumb.jpg

Juventus: Real Madrid asked about Pogba
Juve's director general Giuseppe Marotta says Madrid's club president Florentino Perez made enquiries into the Frenchman's availability but he told him the player is not for sale

279018_thumb.jpg

Alba: Barcelona must learn from mistakes
The full-back believes the Catalans can win the Champions League again - as long as they eradicate costly errors from their game

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga Wrap: Levante win in last minute

31 August 2013

359101header.jpg

A late Andreas Ivanschitz goal has handed Levante their first win of the La Liga season but not without a huge scare from 10-man Rayo Vallecano.

Following early protests over late kick-off times on Friday, Levante took an early lead at the Estadio Teresa Rivero when Ruben Garcia displayed brilliant close control before sliding the ball home on 26 minutes.

Rayo's attempts to get back into the game were dealt a blow when Lass Bangoura was given a straight red for kicking out at Juanfran on the hour mark.

However, despite the man disadvantage, Rayo equalised 12 minutes from time with Joaquin Larrivey's header from Roberto Trashorras's deep cross squaring the ledger for the home side.

Having levelled the match at 1-1, Rayo retreated in an attempt to save a point but in the fourth minute of stoppage time, Jordi Xumetra orchestrated one last attack for Levante, finding Ivanschitz to score a last-gasp winner and breathe life into Levante's campaign.

Elsewhere, La Liga newboys Elche netted a late equaliser through Richmond Boakye, just days after his loan signing from Juventus was completed.

Elche twice fought back from behind to draw 2-2 with Almeria, who led through Fernando Soriano and again on the stroke of half-time, when Verza converted from the penalty spot.

Edu Albacar netted Elche's goal in the first half, also from the penalty spot, and the visitors collected a point in Almeria through Boakye's 95th-minute equaliser after the hosts' Sebastian Dubarbier was sent off with 23 minutes left.

Barcelona

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga Preview: Barcelona, Real look to maintain winning starts

29 August 2013

358967header.jpg

Gerardo Martino is looking to preserve Barcelona's 100 per cent start to the La Liga season when his side travel to Valencia on Sunday.

The reigning champions have started the new campaign with two wins from two games thanks to their 7-0 drubbing of Levante and a 1-0 success over Malaga.

But their season continues with a tricky test at Mestalla against Miroslav Dukic's side.

Martino is boosted by the return to fitness of Argentina international Lionel Messi after his star player's recent trouble with a thigh injury.

The 26-year-old did not feature in the victory over Malaga, but started in Wednesday's Supercopa de Espana second leg against Atletico Madrid, missing an 89th-minute penalty as Barca won on away goals.

Valencia harbour ambitions of breaking back into the UEFA Champions League places after finishing fifth in 2012-13, but they have had a mixed start.

Dukic's men began with a solid 1-0 triumph over Malaga through Ricardo Costa's second-half strike, but were well beaten in a 3-1 loss away to Espanyol last time out.

Carlo Ancelotti's Real Madrid host Athletic Bilbao at the Bernabeu, having also won their opening two games.

They came from behind to beat Real Betis 2-1 in the Italian's first game in charge, and followed that by beating Granada 1-0 thanks to a Karim Benzema effort.

Midfielder Mesut Ozil is delighted with the club's winning start, but conceded their performances must get better if they are to regain the La Liga title from Barcelona.

"We are happy we have won both games (and taken) six points," he said.

"We know we have to play better football. There's still room for improvement and we will do that in the future."

Two sides who finished in the Champions League positions last season face off, when Real Sociedad host Atletico Madrid at the Estadio Municipal de Anoeta.

Sociedad booked their place in the Champions League group stages with a 4-0 aggregate win over Lyon, sealed courtesy of a 2-0 victory in the second leg on Wednesday night thanks to a Carlos Vela brace.

Diego Simeone's Atletico sit second in the table following a 3-1 success away to Sevilla and a 5-0 rout of Rayo Vallecano last Sunday.

Elsewhere on Saturday, Espanyol and Sevilla have home fixtures against Real Betis and Malaga respectively, with the two away sides yet to register a point this season.

Osasuna prop up the table, and will look for their first points of the campaign when they welcome Villarreal to the Estadio El Sadar. Jose Luis Medilibar's team have been on the wrong end of defeats to Granada and Athletic Bilbao in their opening matches.

Real Valladolid are also winless, and will look to buck that trend when they host Getafe, while Celta Vigo and Granada go head-to-head at the Estadio de Balaidos.

Other matches see Almeria welcome Elche and Levante travel to Rayo Vallecano on Friday.