• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Bundesliga Season 2014-15 ║

Gundogan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Commerzbank extends Frankfurt stadium naming rights to 2020

Germany's Commerzbank extended its naming rights deal for Eintracht Frankfurt's stadium for five years to 2020, the Bundesliga club said on Tuesday.

24 March 2015 11:41 Reuters

The bank has had the rights for the city-owned stadium since 2005 with more than 12.5 million visitors at 2,000 sports and entertainment events.

"We are delighted that one of the most important representatives of the financial world, the Commerzbank, will remain our partner," said Heribert Bruchhagen, Eintracht chairman.

"The extension of the deal and its duration are a clear proof for the successful collaboration in the past many years."

There were no financial details available on the deal.

Eintracht returned to the Bundesliga in 2012 and have this season established themselves in mid-table under coach Thomas Schaaf, in eighth place.

Frankfurt is also the seat of the German football association (DFB) with the team regularly using the stadium for friendly matches or qualifiers.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ozil & Mertesacker nominated for German football award

1148922_heroa.jpg

Mar 27, 2015 12:49:00

The Arsenal duo, along with on-loan Inter forward Lukas Podolski, have been named on a shortlist of 11 of the best German footballers playing in a foreign league

Mesut Ozil and Per Mertesacker have been nominated for the German Football Ambassador prize, which is awarded to the best German footballer playing in a foreign league.

The Arsenal duo are joined among 11 nominees by Lukas Podolski, who is on loan at Inter from the Gunners, as well as Real Madrid star Toni Kroos.

Lazio striker Miroslav Klose, Dinamo Moscow's Kevin Kuranyi, Shkodran Mustafi of Valencia and Cerezo Osaka forward Cacau are also in contention.

The shortlist is completed by female players Anja Mittag and Nadine Angerer, of Rosengard and Portland Thorns respectively, and Brisbane Roar midfielder Thomas Broich.

The award is decided by a public vote and fans from any country can choose their three favourites before the winner is announced on June 2 by clicking the banner below.

Subotic

Alfrescian
Loyal

De Bruyne warns Wolfsburg: I won't be here forever

Wolfsburg playmaker Kevin de Bruyne has openly admitted that he would consider leaving for a bigger club, should an offer come along this summer.

26 March 2015 15:52 Eurosport

1443587-30868691-2560-1440.jpg

De Bruyne has been a revelation since leaving Chelsea for Wolfsburg, becoming the key man in a superb season for the club and helping put them on course to make it into next season's Champions League.

But his form has meant that clubs across the continent are sitting up and taking note - despite his agent warning that he is worth as much as €60m.

And now De Bruyne himself has told Die Welt that he knows full well that he could be moving on quickly.

"Should an even bigger club make a move suddenly and Wolfsburg were to agree, it is like it is," De Bruyne said.

"I am not saying that I'll be leaving soon, but I am also not saying that I will stay here forever. That would be stupid."

Harnik

Alfrescian
Loyal

Schalke confirm Sami Khedira interest

Roberto Di Matteo has confirmed Schalke's interest in Sami Khedira, who will leave Real Madrid once his contract expires at the end of the season.

3 hours ago FootballEspana

1435640-30709696-640-360.jpg

The midfielder announced on Thursday that he would be ending his five-year spell with Los Blancos in favour of a new challenge elsewhere, and the coach reiterated his desire for the Germany international to continue his career at Veltins-Arena.

“For [Khedira], the door's open,” he told Sport 1.

“Any Coach would want him, but he has plenty of choices so I think it'll be very difficult to bring him here.”

Khedira made over 100 appearances in his first three seasons at Madrid, but a mix of injuries and poor form have limited him to just 35 since the start of the 2013-14 campaign.

Subotic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Van der Vaart looks set to leave Hamburg

28 March 2015

813858header.jpg

Captain Rafael van der Vaart looks set to leave Hamburg when his contract expires at the end of the season.

The attacking midfielder, who is being linked with a move to Major League Soccer, is a free agent in June and Hamburg CEO Dietmar Beiersdorfer has intimated that the 32-year-old will not be extending his stay at the Bundesliga club.

Defensive trio Marcell Jansen, Heiko Westermann and Slobodan Rajkovic are also entering the final months of their deals at the Imtech Arena.

Beiersdorfer told the club's official website: "We have already talked with Rafael van der Vaart, Marcell Jansen, Heiko Westermann and Slobodan Rajkovic about our planning.

"Rafael and Marcell know that we are not to communicate about a contract extension with them.

"Heiko and Slobodan, we have postponed the decision and communicated it to the players as well."

Van der Vaart, who Beiersdorf has hinted could be offered a possible future coaching role at Hamburg, is in his second spell at the club, having rejoined from Tottenham in August 2012.

Sporting Kansas City earlier this month confirmed an interest in signing Van der Vaart, who will be determined to depart after helping Hamburg preserve their Bundesliga status, with the side 16th.

Harnik

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hummels considering options at Dortmund

29 March 2015 18:43

816308header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund captain Mats Hummels would be open to a move abroad amid reported interested from Manchester United.

The Germany international has long been mooted as a potential arrival at Old Trafford, having endured a difficult season with Dortmund.

Jurgen Klopp's side have spent much of the last few months in the lower reaches of the Bundesliga and appear unlikely to qualify for next term's UEFA Champions League.

Hummels revealed on Sunday that he would consider leaving Germany, but maintained no decision had been made on his future.

"I am openly saying that I think about my future and am considering what I can imagine for it right now," he told Kicker.

"I'm not a fan of those who ostensibly speak of staying but have secretly completed the discussion.

"Everyone knows how much I like it in Dortmund, but I also want us to have a strong team and a powerful approach.

"I often think that I would definitely like to move abroad one day. Then there are also days when I say that I do not need that.

"Basically, I believe that a foreign country will be good both for football as well as personal development."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Draxler and Choupo-Moting back in training

30 March 2015 18:44

817170header.jpg

Julian Draxler and Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting have returned to training with Schalke as they continue their recovery from respective injuries.

Draxler has not featured since tearing a hamstring in a Bundesliga clash with Augsburg in October, an injury which required surgery.

Choupo-Moting missed the 1-0 defeat to Bayer Leverkusen on March 21 with a calf problem, and joined Draxler in Monday's session.

"Welcome back! Eric Maxim #ChoupoMoting & Julian #Draxler took part in the majority of today's team training session!" a tweet from the club's official account read.

Schalke travel to Augsburg on Sunday as they continue their challenge for a top-four finish and UEFA Champions League qualification.

Blaszczykowski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Javi Martinez edging closer to Bayern comeback

javi-martinez-bayern-munich-borussia-dortmund-supercup-081314_n7a7a3pqt1m11xa0z5w1qwb1i.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Mar 30, 2015 08:47:13

The Spain international has spent the past seven months on the sidelines due to a knee injury but says he could return within weeks

Bayern Munich midfielder Javi Martinez has revealed that he could make his comeback from injury within the next few weeks.

The former Athletic Bilbao man picked up a serious knee injury in the German Supercup defeat at the hands of Borussia Dortmund back in August and has since been out of action.

However, he is edging ever-closer to a return to the pitch and says his final recover phase could be completed imminently.

"It is not like I am counting the days. We have not set a specific date for my comeback. But I obviously hope to be back in action as soon as possible," the Spanish midfielder was quoted as saying by TZ.

"I still have some work to do, but I am in the final stages of my recovery. It is a matter of days, perhaps weeks.

"I hope that I will be back shortly, but I have already said before that I will not rush my comeback. My knee needs to be at 100 per cent again. If not, there is always a risk of enduring a setback."

Martinez also dismissed the latest suggestions that Barcelona could attempt to lure him back to La Liga.

"There is no truth in any reports linking me with Barcelona. I have been in this business for about 10 years now and have seen rumours like this 200,000 times.

"I don't know anything about Barcelona. I only know that I am feeling very well at Bayern. My only goal is to get back to full match fitness."

The 26-year-old has a contract with Bayern until June 2017.

BorussiaDortmund

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reina: Bayern bench is better than Liverpool's

pepe-reina-fc-bayern-munchen_18w2juq3glbd611k9kd8u5x1ie.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Mar 30, 2015 10:35:22

The Spanish goalkeeper is happy with life at the Bundesliga champions and has no regrets over his decision to leave the Premier League side

Pepe Reina has made it clear that he favours warming the bench at "a major club" like Bayern Munich over a substitute role at Liverpool.

The Spaniard returned to Liverpool last year following a one-year loan spell a Napoli and, with Simon Mignolet having become the Reds' No.1, opted to move to the Allianz Arena.

While he accepts he was always likely to play second fiddle to Manuel Neuer in Munich, Reina insists he made the correct decision.

"I had to make a decision on whether I wanted to stay at Liverpool after returning from my loan spell with Napoli and then Bayern approached me," Reina told Kicker.

"It is not easy to join a club realising you will be a substitute. It was clear Manuel Neuer would be the No.1 at Bayern.

"But the prospects at Liverpool were not good for me. I preferred a move to a major club like Bayern over a spot on the bench at Liverpool.

"And I have had a great time here so far. I am learning a lot from Neuer and Pep Guardiola. Plus, we can still win the treble."

The 32-year-old has a contract with Bayern until June 2017 and he has no intention of leaving the Allianz Arena side any time soon.

"My contract runs for two more years. I am at a major club and I am happy to be part of this team. Of course, I always want to play but, at this stage, my future is at Bayern Munich.

"We will see whether I get offers from other clubs, but I do not have any other options at the moment."

Gundogan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ribery: I won't risk another injury disaster to face Dortmund

franck-ribery-bayern-munich-german-cup-04032015_173kgt6d0rq2q10t4hcp24st5p.jpg

By Mark Doyle
Mar 30, 2015 15:25:21

The former France international says he deeply regrets rushing himself back to action in light of recent thigh and ankle problems

Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery says that he will not risk another injury "disaster" just to feature against Borussia Dortmund this weekend.

The former France winger has had numerous fitness issues over the past year and missed the 2014 World Cup with a back problem before deciding to call time on his international career to focus on club football.

Ribery has continued to be plagued by little niggles this season, though, with the 31-year-old sustaining a thigh problem in training in January and then being forced off with an ankle knock in the March 11 Champions League rout of Shakhtar Donetsk.

Consequently, the ex-Olympique de Marseille ace says he has no intention of taking any chances with his fitness ahead of Saturday's Bundesliga meeting with Borussia Dortmund at Signal Iduna Park.

"I started back too early and got back pain," the attacker told Sport Bild.

"Then I trained poorly. It was a disaster to start too early. It was a mistake.

"I'd rather give my body some rest time to be in top shape at the crucial stage of the season."

Bayern currently sit 10 points clear of Wolfsburg at the top of the Bundesliga, with BVB all the way down in 10th place.

Pep Guardiola's men face Porto in the quarter-finals of the Champions League, travelling to the Dragao for the first leg on April 15 before hosting the Primeira Liga outfit at the Allianz Arena six days later.

MatsHummels

Alfrescian
Loyal

Vierinha: Malanda death my worst moment in football

262596_heroa.jpg

By Paul Thompson
Mar 30, 2015 16:39:17

The Portuguese says that Wolfsburg's players are trying to honour the memory of their ex colleague with their performances on the field

Wolfsburg winger Vieirinha has dedicated the Bundesliga side's impressive campaign to former team-mate Junior Malanda.

Malanda passed away at the age of 20 after being involved in a car crash in northern Germany on January 10 of this year.

Wolfsburg's players were devastated by the news but Vieirinha says that they are now trying to honour the ex-Belgium Under-21 international's memory with their impressive performances on the field.

“The dressing room was very hard in the first two or three weeks after Junior's death," the Portuguese told Bild.

“That was the worst moment I have ever had in football. What has happened is a part of what we are achieving at the moment. It is for Junior.

“We often think of him as before we go to the stadium. Everyone gives their best and dedicates everything it to him.”

Wolfsburg currently sit second in the Bundesliga and are still in contention in the Europa League and DFB-Pokal, and Vieirinha says Dieter Hecking's men are brimming with belief at the moment.

“We know our quality," he added. "We can do better than against Inter [whom they defeated in the last 16 of the Europa League].

“We are at our best level. The final is now a dream.

“But let's go step by step and create the qualification for the Champions League as soon as possible."

Subotic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bayern: We could spend €100m on one star

jan-christian-dreesen-fc-bayern-munchen_15268gc7xt3dj1jrf6bbor4hyc.jpg

By Stefan Coerts
Mar 30, 2015 11:47:23

The German champions have not yet come close to such a fee for a single player but are confident they have the financial muscle to compete in the market

Bayern Munich executive board member Jan-Christian Dreesen has admitted the club could spend €100 million on a star name.

The Bundesliga champions have so far refused to match La Liga and Premier League giants when it comes to spending big in the transfer market, with the arrival of Javi Martinez for €40 million in 2012 still their record outlay.

However, Dreesen has acknowledged they could emulate the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United and pay figures closer to the world-record fee of Gareth Bale for a top individual.

"It would be simple to say Bayern would never pay €100 million for one player. I don't want to go there, though, because I do not like to backtrack in the future. So yes, Bayern could spend €100m on one player," Dreesen, the club's head of finances, told Kicker.

"It will have to be an intelligent investment, though. We don't just want to go for the most expensive players. Someone has to fit in at Bayern."

Player wages have increased exponentially along with transfer fees in recent seasons but Bayern claim salaries of €10m per year and more are unusual at the Allianz Arena.

While Dreesen is confident wages are no stumbling block for the club, he concedes they could miss out on signing players driven purely by thoughts of a big pay packet.

"Players making €10m or more remain an exception, even though I think wages will continue to rise," Dreesen said. "I have yet to see a player demand wages that we could not afford. I get the impression that the coach's advice on which players would fit at Bayern is very important.

"The top players are significantly more expensive than before. And with the Premier League's new TV deal, wages will not decrease any time soon. So Bayern will have to look after these players even more intensively than before. We might miss out on those who are only looking to make a lot of money."

Subotic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Van der Vaart not allowing future to affect his game

31 March 2015 16:52

819018header.jpg

Rafael van der Vaart's future at Hamburg may be unclear, but the midfielder insists he will not allow the uncertainty to affect his game.

For the second successive season Hamburg - who dismissed Josef Zinnbauer earlier this month - are fighting relegation from the Bundesliga and the Netherlands international is fully focused on securing their top-flight status, rather than on his own fate.

"At the moment I am only concerned with the next eight games, that's all that matters after that date, there is no new information," he told the club's official website.

"I have always said that I will give everything to keep the team up until the end, and will try to show my best form in each game.

"The decision that I could leave the club at the end of the season, has no influence. I hope that I can help the team in the next eight games.

"We have to remain calm. We have quality, we know that, but we need to get this quality into the games, not just in training, and I hope I can help with that."

A six-game winless run has left Hambug 16th in the table. Interim boss Peter Knabel is set to lead them in Saturday's match at Bayer Leverkusen.

The club overcame Greuther Furth in a play-off to secure their safety last season.

Blaszczykowski

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leno ´knows nothing´ of Real interest

31 March 2015 17:08

819046header.jpg

Bayer Leverkusen goalkeeper Bernd Leno says he knows nothing of apparent transfer interest from La Liga giants Real Madrid.

Reports on Monday linked the Germany Under-21 international with a move to Santiago Bernabeu after a string of impressive performances for the Bundesliga club.

Manchester United keeper David de Gea has also been strongly linked with Real, as they look to begin the process of replacing club captain Iker Casillas.

Leno was also in strong form during Leverkusen's penalty shootout exit to Atletico in the UEFA Champions League but the 23-year-old maintains he is content at the BayArena.

"I feel comfortable in Leverkusen and know nothing of any interest from Real," he told Kicker.

"And I give no attention to the rumours."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dortmund´s Kirch suffers knee injury

31 March 2015 17:37

819112header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund defender Oliver Kirch faces up to three weeks out after pulling a tendon in his left knee during training.

The versatile 32-year-old has featured regularly at full-back in recent weeks but an injury in training will see him miss this weekend's clash against leaders Bayern Munich.

Kirch - who has featured six times in the Bundesliga this term - will also likely miss out on Dortmund's DFB-Pokal quarter-final against Hoffenheim.

It represents the latest in a long line of injuries Jurgen Klopp has had to deal with this term, with his side 10th in the top flight following a difficult season.

Philipp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Herrmann pens Gladbach extension

1 April 2015 10:49

820531header.jpg

Patrick Herrmann has extended his contract with Borussia Monchengladbach until 2019.

The midfielder is a popular figure at Borussia Park having risen through the youth ranks with the Bundesliga club.

Herrmann made his debut as an 18-year-old in January 2010 and has gone on to make 185 appearances, scoring 35 goals.

"I love it here - it's great fun to play at Borussia and I feel the confidence of the association," he told the club's official website.

"I feel at home here."

Sporting director Max Eberl added: "We are very pleased that we were able to bind Patrick to a new contract and that he wants to continue the successful path we have taken together.

"Patrick has developed from a young player and we are happy that he wants to make the next step in his career with us."

Herrmann has been a pivotal figure in a Gladbach side challenging for a UEFA Champions League berth this season, making 24 Bundesliga appearances and scoring eight goals.

Weidenfeller

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Selke swaps Bremen for Leipzig

1 April 2015 12:14

820561header.jpg

Red Bull Leipzig have made a statement of intent by signing Werder Bremen's Germany Under-19 international Davie Selke for next season.

Selke, who only signed a contract extension at Bremen until 2018 in September, pens a five-year deal at Leipzig that runs until 2020.

The 20-year-old forward moves to the second-tier side, who have enjoyed a rapid rise through the leagues in Germany on the back of substantial financial backing, for an undisclosed fee and is excited about his new challenge.

"For me, this new chapter starts only in the summer," he said. "Until then I would like to play my best for the rest of the season.

"I thank Werder for their cooperation in recent years. Here I was able to develop and I've made a big step forward.

"From the summer I want to help a very ambitious club to be successful. I thank Werder that they allow me this step in my career."

Selke's decision to move out of the Bundesliga may come as a surprise considering his form at last year's Under-19 European Championship - in which he struck 11 goals in 10 games - led to rumours of a switch to one of Europe's top clubs.

However, Bremen general manager Thomas Eichin stated that the move made sense for all parties and believes Selke will soon return to the Bundesliga with Leipzig.

"We have always said that we conduct such negotiations where all parties benefit," he said. "Davie has opted for a sporting concept in Leipzig which will lead to him sooner or later playing in the Bundesliga again and the economic environment is very attractive."

Selke has scored six goals in 23 Bundesliga appearances this term.

Harnik

Alfrescian
Loyal

Milik makes permanent Ajax switch

1 April 2015 17:22

820727header.jpg

Arkadiusz Milik received better news on Wednesday with the announcement that his loan switch from Bayer Leverkusen to Ajax has been made permanent.

Milik strained ligaments in his left knee during Poland's 1-1 draw with Republic of Ireland at the weekend, and it was announced on Tuesday that he would be out for several weeks.

However, Ajax have since confirmed that the 21-year-old has now put pen to paper on a four-year deal that will take him up to the end of the 2018-19 season.

Milik has 23 goals in 33 games in all competitions this season.

MatsHummels

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hummels & Reus shape Dortmund's future - Zorc

mats-hummels-borussia-dortmund-bundesliga-04022015_jwudboerddhr1e7az5q12vyb3.jpg

By Enis Koylu
Apr 1, 2015 15:35:31

The BVB sporting director and CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke have both sought to play down the Germany defender's admission that he is considering his future

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has insisted that Marco Reus and Mats Hummels form a huge part of the club's future plans.

The star duo have been consistently linked with moves away from Signal Iduna Park and while the former Gladbach attacker signed a new deal until 2019 in February, Hummels admitted this week that he is considering his future.

However, Zorc has stressed that he has no intention of letting either player leave.

"Like Marco Reus, Mats shapes our team and that should not change for as long as possible," he told Sport Bild.

Club CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke also insisted that Hummels' statements about his future were perfectly natural.

"Hummels told us the same thing. This is completely normal. I'm permanently thinking about my future. However, everyone has to decide for themselves," he said.

"He is 26 this year, and you naturally start thinking."

MarcelSchmelzer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Blow for Bayern as Alaba is ruled out for seven weeks

david-alaba-fc-bayern-bundesliga-14022015_trhrq40ojgsd1qyhpbtdw79a1.jpg

Enis Koylu
Apr 1, 2015 13:03:48

The Austrian picked up a knee injury in his country's draw against Bosnia-Herzegovina on Tuesday and will miss much of the rest of the season

David Alaba has been ruled out for the next seven weeks with a medial ligament tear in his left knee, Bayern Munich have confirmed.

The 22-year-old full-back was withdrawn at half-time in Austria's 1-1 friendly draw with Bosnia-Herzegovina following a collision with Hoffenheim's Ermin Bicakcic.

In the wake of the match, Alaba said that he could barely walk and the Bavarians stated that he would undergo tests upon his return to Munich.

And their worst fears have now been confirmed, with Alaba set to spend a fortnight in a cast before returning to action at the end of May.

"I'm obviously very sad," Alaba told the club's official website. "But I have a big goal: to be back before the end of the season.

"I will recover well now and go into the rehab on full throttle."

Alaba, who suffered a similar injury in his right knee back in November, will miss both legs of his side's Champions League quarter-final with Porto and the majority of the Bundesliga run-in.

However, he could be fit for the DFB Pokal and Champions League finals on May 30 and June 6 respectively.