• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║ Bundesliga Season 2013-14 ║

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Guardiola set for Bayern discussions

4 May 2014

448041header.jpg

Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola will discuss his future with the club's board after the DFB-Pokal final later this month.

Despite a successful debut campaign at the Allianz Arena, which saw Bayern wrap up the Bundesliga in record time, the Spaniard has attracted criticism for their continental efforts this term.

Bayern saw their UEFA Champions League title defence ended in comprehensive fashion by Real Madrid thanks to a 5-0 defeat over two legs, with critics suggesting a possession-based style cost the German champions dear.

Amid criticisms from club legends such as Franz Beckenbauer and Stefan Effenberg, Guardiola will meet with sporting director Matthias Sammer and CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge after their meeting with Borussia Dortmund in Berlin in order to determine Bayern's approach going forward.

"After the cup final I'll talk to Sammer and Rummenigge, we'll put our ideas on the table and we'll make a decision, one that's best for them and for the club," he said after Saturday's 4-1 win over Hamburg.

Guardiola reiterated that he remains at ease with the pressure surrounding his position - stating it comes with the territory of managing a club such as Bayern.

"I know where I am. I know that at this club you always have to win; that was also the case at my previous team," the former Barcelona boss added.

"We've won three trophies and we're in the German Cup final, but it's true that we haven't played well recently, above all in the first half at the Allianz against Real Madrid.

"This is normal; I know that if we don’t win, I'm in danger. We always are as coaches, all the more so at the big teams."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bayern must fight for Muller, says Beckenbauer

400728_heroa.jpg

By Enis Koylu
May 6, 2014 10:09:00 AM

The former West Germany star believes the Bavarians would be foolish to let the 24-year-old leave the club this summer after he was linked with Man United

Bayern Munich legend Franz Beckenbauer has called upon the club to fight to keep Thomas Muller at the Allianz Arena.

The Germany international has been linked with a move to Manchester United this summer and club CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge hinted that the 24-year-old could be sold.

However, Beckenbauer believes that the Bavarians would be stupid to let the attacker leave for Old Trafford.

"You shouldn't keep passengers, but they should fight to keep Thomas Muller if he has such plans," he told Bild.

"He is an established figure under Pep Guardiola. So they should do everything possible to keep Muller. They should only look for another solution if he refuses categorically."

Bayern face Borussia Dortmund in the DFB Pokal final on May 17 and Beckenbauer says Robert Lewandowski should not try too hard to impress his new club ahead of his summer move to the Allianz Arena.

"He should not overdo it," he continued.

"BVB have long had their weaknesses."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Grosskreutz in kebab assault

400710_heroa.jpg

By Enis Koylu
May 6, 2014 8:55:54 AM

The Borussia Dortmund utility man has apologised after he allegedly threw a kebab at a man shouting his name in Cologne on Sunday

Police in Cologne have confirmed Borussia Dortmund's Kevin Grosskreutz was involved in a late night altercation on Sunday.

The 25-year-old was out with team-mate Julian Schieber when he was spotted by a 34-year-old man, who promptly shouted out his name.

The Germany international responded by throwing a doner kebab at the man, who went to the police, claiming that his eyes were burning after being hit in the face by it.

"It is true that a complaint was filed against Mr Grosskreutz. We have started a criminal case for willful injury," a police spokesman has confirmed.

Schieber, meanwhile, has leapt to the defence of his friend and team-mate, claiming he came in for hostile treatment from Koln fans.

"There was a group of young fans who sang songs about Kevin. He felt that they were mocking him and threw his kebab."

Grosskreutz has apologised for his actions, admitting they were ill thought out.

"I perceived the situation as insulting and it offended my privacy," he said.

"Of course, it would have been better if I hadn't thrown the doner in public. There is no doubt that this situation isn't ideal. I'm sorry."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm not leaving just yet - Muller

400287_heroa.jpg

By Enis Koylu
May 6, 2014 1:04:39 PM

The Germany star insists he is not about to depart the Allianz Arena but refused to rule out leaving the Bundesliga champions in the future

Thomas Muller has dismissed suggestions he is going to leave Bayern Munich - at least in the immediate future.

The Germany international has not been a first-team regular at the Allianz Arena this season, prompting speculation he could be on the move with Manchester United repeatedly linked.

Muller is not, however, keen on quitting the Bundesliga champions just yet, although he did not rule out a future transfer.

He told Bild: "I didn't invent the rumours, so I can't comment on them.

"Let's say this: I'm certainly not about to move but I can't guarantee that forever."

Bayern's bid to retain their Champions League title came unstuck in the semi-finals when they were trounced 5-0 over two legs by Real Madrid, a margin of defeat which shocked Muller and his team-mates.

"Of course it hurts, but you have to be honest and say that Real Madrid were better than us over both legs. After all, we lost 5-0," he said.

"But this criticism just goes to show our quality. Many people expected us to retain the treble."

Bayern still have the DFB-Pokal final against Borussia Dortmund to play on May 17 but after that Muller's attention will switch to the World Cup in Brazil.

Muller was the tournament's top scorer in 2010 but admits a repeat of that is a long-shot as Germany attempt to win the trophy for the fourth time.

"We're certainly not going to Brazil for a holiday," he continued.

"The Germany team are one of the favourites, like Brazil, Spain, Argentina and Italy. And Netherlands are like a secret favourite this year.

"I will do everything possible to win the Golden Boot again, even if it's not realistic. You need a bit of luck for this."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Boateng handed two-match ban

5 May 2014

448409header.jpg

Jerome Boateng has been handed a two-match ban by the German Football Association (DFB) after an altercation with Hamburg's Kerem Demirbay.

The defender was shown a straight red card after appearing to move his head in the direction of Demirbay in the latter stages of Bayern Munich's 4-1 Bundesliga thumping of Mirko Slomka's side on Saturday.

Demirbay was booked for his part in the fracas, but Boateng will now miss the final Bundesliga match of the campaign - at home to Stuttgart on Saturday - as well as the champions' opening game of the 2014-15 season.

However, the Germany international will be available for Bayern's DFB Pokal final showdown with Borussia Dortmund on May 17.

A statement on the DFB wesbite confirmed that Boateng had been suspended for "violent conduct against his opponent in a lighter case".

Bayern's chief executive officer Karl-Heinz Rumenigge branded Boateng's dismissal "brainless", and said the former Manchester City defender could expect a heavy fine.

"Such a lack of discipline will not be accepted by Bayern Munich," he said.

"In our jersey, you have to behave respectably and if you don't hear the message, then you have to feel it (in the wallet)."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stuttgart announce Klein deal

6 May 2014

448659header.jpg

Stuttgart have signed Florian Klein from Red Bull Salzburg as the club seek to rebuild after securing their Bundesliga status.

Last weekend's 2-1 defeat to Wolfsburg may have been their 17th in the league this season but, with the three sides below them all losing, Stuttgart's safety was confirmed and they can now plan for next term.

Defender Klein, 27, has made 23 league appearances for Austrian champions Salzburg this season and was also part of their UEFA Europa League campaign that saw them reach the last 16.

Klein moved to Salzburg in 2012 but has chosen to move to Germany rather than renew his contract in Austria.

Stuttgart have agreed a three-year contract with the Austria international and Fredi Bobic believes that he will help them improve after a season fighting against relegation.

"Florian is a very seasoned player with more than 200 games in the Austrian Bundesliga," said the sporting director.

"He also brings international experience from games in the Europa League and the national team of Austria.

"We are convinced that he will be quickly integrated with us and strengthen our right side."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hoffenheim bring in Schwegler

6 May 2014

448691header.jpg

Hoffenheim have completed the signing of Switzerland international Pirmin Schwegler from Bundesliga rivals Eintracht Frankfurt.

The 27-year-old Eintracht captain has been a key player at Commerzbank-Arena since his move from Bayer Leverkusen in 2009, but has opted for a new challenge at the end of the season.

Having plied his trade almost solely in the Bundesliga since arriving in Germany from Young Boys eight years ago, Schwegler will now move to the Rhein-Neckar Arena on a three-year contract.

Hoffenheim director of football Alexander Rosen believes Schwegler will prove to be a shrewd signing.

"Pirmin's a player who has already proved his quality at a high level," he told the club's official website.

"He's a model professional with leadership qualities and one who'll be able to make a real impression on this young team on and off the pitch."

Schwegler, who could add to his 14 international caps at the FIFA World Cup later this year, said: "Hoffenheim follow a clear philosophy and play fantastic attacking football.

"That's what convinced me to take on this challenge and make this exciting move to Hoffenheim."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga quartet in South Korea´s World Cup squad

8 May 2014

449143header.jpg

Four of South Korea's five Germany-based players have made Hong Myung-bo's FIFA World Cup squad with Park Joo-ho left out through injury.

Park lost a race against time to prove his fitness following foot surgery at the start of April and was, as expected, left out of South Korea's 23-man squad for Brazil 2014 - a bitter blow for the left-back, who played 27 matches in the Bundesliga for Mainz this season.

But there was good news for Son Heung-min (Bayer Leverkusen), Ji Dong-won (Augsburg), Koo Ja-cheol (Mainz) and Hong Jeong-ho (Augsburg), who were all picked by Hong.

Outside of the local K-League, the Bundesliga provided the most players in Hong's squad alongside the Japan's J.League.

Kim Jin-su (Albirex Niigata), Hwang Seok-ho (Sanfrecce Hiroshima), Kim Chang-soo and Han Kook-young (Kashiwa Reysol) are the J.League-based contingent, while there are five players from the top-two tiers of English football - Ki Sung-yueng (Sunderland), Kim Bo-kyung (Cardiff), Park

Chu-young (Watford, on loan from Arsenal), Yoon Suk-young (QPR) and Lee Chung-yong (Bolton).

Hong, who led South Korea's Under 23 team to a bronze medal at the London Olympics two years ago, has shown faith in a large group from that side with his squad having an average age of just 25.

South Korea have been pooled with Belgium, Algeria and Russia in Group H of this year's World Cup finals and will start their campaign on June 17 in Cuiaba against the Russians.

That game will be followed by a clash with Algeria in Porto Alegre on June 22 before they take on Belgium in Sao Paulo four days later.

Squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Jung Sung-ryong (Suwon Bluewings), Kim Seung-gyu (Ulsan), Lee Bum-young (Busan IPark)

Defenders: Kim Jin-su (Albirex Niigata), Kim Young-gwon (Guangzhou Evergrande), Yoon Suk-young (QPR), Hwang Seok-ho (Sanfrecce Hiroshima), Hong Jeong-ho (Augsburg) Kwak Tae-hwi (Al Hilal), Lee Yong (Ulsan), Kim Chang-su (Kashiwa Reysol)

Midfielders: Ki Sung-yueng (Sunderland), Ha Dae-sung (Beijing Guoan), Han Kook-young (Kashiwa Reysol), Park Jong-woo (Guangzhou R&F), Kim Bo-kyung (Cardiff City), Lee Chung-yong (Bolton Wanderers), Ji Dong-won (Augsburg), Son Heung-min (Bayer Leverkusen)

Forwards: Koo Ja-cheol (Mainz), Lee Keun-ho (Sangju Sangmu), Park Chu-young (Watford), Kim Shin-wook (Ulsan)

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wenger could manage in Germany

7 May 2014

448897header.jpg

Arsene Wenger has revealed he could manage in Germany when his Arsenal tenure comes to an end.

The Frenchman is yet to sign an extension to his current deal at the Emirates Stadium, but is widely expected to do so in the coming weeks.

Despite many predicting he would eye a return to his homeland when he does eventually leave the club he has managed since 1996, Wenger has spoken of his ambitions to move to the Bundesliga.

"If I was to go somewhere then I think it would be in a different country because I am so much Arsenal that I would not like to coach anywhere else in England," he is quoted as telling beIN Sports.

"Germany (is an option) because I am of German culture a little bit and it's a country where I have never worked and I am very close to it."

Wenger also claims Arsenal came close to signing Eden Hazard from Lille before the Belgium international signed for Premier League rivals Chelsea for a reported £32million.

"Yes, I wanted to take him, I had his agent at my home but again the barrier was financial and Chelsea made an effort that I couldn't make," he added.

"He can be one of the players who grows into the (Lionel) Messi, (Cristiano) Ronaldo stature if he continues to develop well."

Arsenal are already assured of their place in next seasons's UEFA Champions League and visit Norwich City in their final game of the Premier League season on Sunday.

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Schuster interested in Eintracht job

7 May 2014

448925header.jpg

Malaga coach Bernd Schuster would welcome a return to Germany as Eintracht Frankfurt coach.

The former Real Madrid coach claims he is wanted at the Commerzbank-Arena, with current Eintracht coach Armin Veh set to leave the Bundesliga club at the end of the season.

And German Schuster would be happy to return to his homeland, having revealed that his future at Malaga wil largely depend on whether his side climb from 13th to finish in the top 10 in La Liga.

"It's no secret that I'd go back to live and work in Germany and the Bundesliga," he told Terra Deportes.

"Yes, I want to coach Eintracht Frankfurt.

"If I finish the season with Malaga in the top 10 my contract will be extended by four seasons and for that we have to win both games.

"Otherwise, either party can terminate the contract.

"I'm on (Eintracht’s) list, but I don't know if I'm first, second or third. But that's normal."

Despite poor recent form, Eintracht are safe from relegation as they sit in 13th spot.

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Beckenbauer urges Bayern not to celebrate

8 May 2014

449311header.jpg

Franz Beckenbauer feels Bayern Munich cannot afford to celebrate their Bundesliga title ahead of the DFB-Pokal final with Borussia Dortmund.

Bayern claimed the German top-flight crown for a 24th time back in March with a 3-1 win over Hertha Berlin, but their form has dipped somewhat since that achievement.

The Bavarians' title triumph was immediately followed by a draw against Hoffenheim and successive defeats versus Augsburg and Borussia Dortmund, ending a league unbeaten run that had stretched back to October 2012.

Pep Guardiola's men have since got back on track with three straight wins, but their 5-0 aggregate loss to Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League semi-finals, a reverse that ended Bayern's defence of their European title, has led many to criticise coach Pep Guardiola.

Club president Beckenbauer, who won a total of 15 trophies with Bayern as a player and a manager, believes the loss of form since winning the title is understandable.

However, the 68-year-old has urged Bayern to resist the temptation to celebrate in their final league game with Stuttgart as they aim to secure a Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and FIFA Club World Cup treble.

"I think it's a normal reaction for a team to sit back after reaching an aim," Beckenbauer said. "Of course the timing isn't great because everything is decided in May.

"There are decisive games in the Champions League and the DFB-Pokal. And now they have a little break, after a little blip.

"That means they don't play with the engagement and that concentration they played with a few months ago. And that's a pity because it is an important time at the moment.

"I think if you win the championship there is a reason to celebrate but my advice is not to celebrate too much, because in one week there is the cup final in Berlin.

"If it isn't possible to win the triple then the double wouldn't be bad. I believe they will need to concentrate on the final and so a big celebration (this weekend after the final league game) won't be good."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hertha snap up Hegeler

8 May 2014

449337header.jpg

Hertha Berlin have completed the signing of versatile midfielder Jens Hegeler from Bayer Leverkusen.

The 26-year-old arrived at the BayArena as a youth prospect before securing a first-team place via loan spells at Augsburg and Nuremberg.

However, this term he has started just six Bundesliga matches and will move to the capital on a three-year deal at the end of the campaign.

His only goal of the season came in the UEFA Champions League against Real Sociedad as he scored in a 2-1 victory, and Hertha head coach Jos Luhukay was pleased to bring in such a versatile player.

"Jens Hegeler is an excellent, very flexible, midfielder, who will be an excellent fit for our team. I am very glad that we have managed to bring him to Hertha," he told the club's official website.

"For us it is important that we have multi-functional players, who make us better qualitatively.

"He is a player that can be used in several positions - regardless of whether this is in defence, in central midfield, on the wing or even a little further forward in midfield."

Hertha have enjoyed a solid if unremarkable campaign back in the top flight and could yet secure a top-half finish with a point over Borussia Dortmund in the final week.

Despite Leverkusen having guaranteed European football next term, Hegeler was delighted to be offered a new challenge with Hertha.

"I am looking forward to the new challenge," he said.

"I wanted to go to Berlin because I am sure that Hertha has great potential. Also, the fans in Berlin are great, as is the atmosphere in the Olympic Stadium."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kirch, Kehl back in training for Dortmund

8 May 2014

449339header.jpg

Borussia Dortmund have been boosted by the news that Oliver Kirch and Sebastian Kehl have returned to training after illness and injury.

Kehl last played for the club on April 15 and has been struggling with a groin problem since then.

Kirch, meanwhile, played and scored in the 2-2 draw at Bayer Leverkusen on April 26 but has been suffering with a virus and did not feature in the game against Hoffenheim last time out.

On Thursday, coach Jurgen Klopp confirmed that both had resumed training, although caution was being taken with Kehl.

"That was a nasty infection, but Oli goes well again," he said.

It remains to be seen whether either man will feature in Dortmund's last Bundesliga encounter of the season, away at Hertha Berlin on Saturday, with a DFB-Pokal final date with Bayern Munich on May 17 also looming.

Klopp also urged caution about Sven Bender, out since late February with an inflammation of the pubic joint.

"We are putting him and ourselves under no pressure," he said. "One must not take any chances there."

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Key duo set for Hamburg return

8 May 2014

449137header.jpg

Pierre-Michel Lasogga and Johan Djourou are set to give Hamburg a welcome boost ahead of their must-win match against Mainz.

Lasogga (calf) and Djourou (hamstring) look likely to be fit for Hamburg's final-day clash at Mainz as Mirko Slomka looks to keep the only club to play every Bundesliga season out of the automatic relegation zone.

In the Bundesliga, the bottom two clubs are automatically relegated, while the 16th-placed team must play the 2. Bundesliga's third side in a two-legged play-off for a spot in the top tier.

After losing 4-1 to Bayern Munich last week, Hamburg's best-possible finish is 16th but striker Lasogga and defender Djourou's returns to training after injury has given Slomka something to smile about.

"They are both looking good," Slomka told Hamburg's website on Wednesday.

Lasogga, in particular, will be a vital addition to Slomka's squad - if he is passed fit - as Hamburg have looked rather toothless since the 22-year-old striker suffered a reoccurrence of his calf injury in a 3-1 loss to Borussia Monchengladbach at the end of March.

Since then, Hamburg have played five games for one win and four defeats, scoring twice in a match only once.

Lasogga has scored 12 of Hamburg's 49 goals this season.

"If he can continue to train fully with us, then he's an option for the starting XI," Slomka said.

"His (rate of) recovery is making us positive that we'll make it."

Hamburg (27 points) must win at seventh-placed Mainz on Saturday if they are to be certain of avoiding automatic relegation, as Nuremberg (17th, 26 points) and Eintracht Braunschweig (18th, 25) could both leapfrog Slomka's team on the final day of the season.

Nuremberg will travel to third-placed Schalke, while Braunschweig visit Hoffenheim.

Mainz have little to play for as they cannot overhaul sixth-placed Gladbach and qualify for next season's UEFA Europa League, and Slomka claimed his players produced the kind of performance required last week - if only for 45 minutes.

"We have to reproduce our first-half performance against Bayern for the full 90 minutes in Mainz," Slomka said.

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga Preview: Bayern Munich v Stuttgart

8 May 2014

449281header.jpg

There should be goodwill in the air When Bayern Munich welcome Stuttgart to close their triumphant Bundesliga campaign.

Stuttgart's top-flight status remained in the balance until last weekend, when they suffered a 2-1 home defeat to Wolfsburg.

Ultimately the result proved no great cause for concern as Bayern overcame Stuttgart's fellow strugglers Hamburg 4-1 to make Huub Stevens' side safe.

In any case, Stuttgart tend to be well-mannered hosts as far as Bayern are concerned - the Bavarian club have won the past 10 encounters in all competitions.

Bayern will be formally presented with the Bundesliga trophy after Saturday's game, six weeks on from securing the title.

Nevertheless, any feel-good factor around the Allianz Arena has all but disappeared during the interim period - largely thanks to Real Madrid's emphatic 5-0 aggregate UEFA Champions League semi-final victory that ended Bayern's defence of their European crown.

The manner of those losses has brought growing rumours of discontent regarding the methods of coach Pep Guardiola. For his part, the former Barca boss insists that he will stay faithful to the 'tiki-taka' style that he pioneered during four phenomenally successful years at Camp Nou, and captain Philipp Lahm launched a defence of his manager this week.

"With Pep Guardiola, we showed throughout two-thirds of the season that we could have our own style of play that is very effective, precise and dangerous in attack, and, yes, like Barcelona, have lots of possession of the ball," he told Sport Bild.

"And that's the style we're going to continue working on. (We have) controlled and beaten great teams like Manchester City, Arsenal, Man United and Chelsea."

On the field, Bayern will be without Jerome Boateng after the defender received a red card for an altercation with Hamburg's Kerem Demirbay, while Mario Mandzukic will look to become the Bundesliga's top scorer for 2013-14.

The Croatia international is locked on 18 goals with Borussia Dortmund forward and future team-mate Robert Lewandowski. The duo will square off in next weekend's DFB-Pokal final.

At the end of a disappointing campaign, Stevens might allow himself a wry smile when reflecting on the apparent internal strife at Bayern over a potential double-winning season.

Stuttgart began their plans for next term this week by securing the signing of Red Bull Salzburg right-back Florian Klein on a free transfer.

The 27-year-old Austria international has agreed a deal running until July 2017.

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga preview: Hertha Berlin v Borussia Dortmund

8 May 2014

article-0-1D61BAAD00000578-444_634x435.jpg

Borussia Dortmund close their Bundesliga campaign at Hertha Berlin with a fresh wave of speculation surrounding star man Marco Reus.

Germany international Reus has been in typically excellent form this term, netting 16 league goals and playing a central role in Dortmund’s upturn in form after a December slump that included a 2-1 loss against their hosts this weekend.

The 24-year-old was named as the club’s player of the year but when he spoke to the Ruhr Nachrichten newspaper about his future at the club, Reus hinted that a lack of major honours since joining Dortmund from Borussia Monchengladbach in 2012 might lead him to seek pastures new.

"It's like that in this business - every player only has one career and wants to get the best out of it," he said.

"You have to decide what's best for you. We'll see about that.

"Every footballer has his goals and is dreaming of winning titles. At the end of your career, you want to be able to say that you've won many titles.”

If Reus were to move on, it would be another blow for Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp, who has already lost stars of his 2012 Bundesliga-winning team such as Marrio Gotze and Shinji Kagawa.

Robert Lewandowski will join Gotze at Bayern Munich at the end of the season but the Poland striker has the top of the Bundesliga scoring charts in his sights before then.

Mario Mandzukic - the man Lewandowski looks set to usurp at Bayern - is level on 18 goals with the Dortmund talisman ahead of the final round of fixtures, when the champions face Stuttgart.

Klopp must decide must whether to select Kevin Grosskreutz after the midfielder found himself at the centre of a bizarre off-field incident this week.

Grosskreutz, who scored his team's first goal as Dortmund beat Hoffenheim 3-2 last weekend, was accused of throwing a kebab at a Cologne supporter in an alleged incident in the city on Sunday night.

On Tuesday, police said a complaint for bodily harm had been filed by the fan, although Grosskreutz insists he threw his food on the floor and not into the man's face as alleged.

"I saw the situation as being offensive and saw my private sphere violated," Grosskreutz told Bild newspaper. "Obviously I should have not thrown the kebab like that on the ground in public."

While Dortmund will turn their attentions to next weekend’s DFB Pokal final against Bayern Munich after their final Bundesliga match, Hertha boss Jos Luhukay will be glad to see a disappointing season come to an end.

A 2-0 win over basement club Eintracht Braunschweig a fortnight ago was followed up with a defeat by the same margin against Werder Bremen last time out, meaning the capital club have won just one of 11 games since beating Stuttgart in February.

The team's form tailed off alongside that of Dortmund-bound striker Adrian Ramos, but the Colombia is still only two goals behind Lewandowski and Mandzukic heading into the final weekend.

Ramos has the task of replacing the prolific Lewandowski at the end of the season after his move to Signal-Iduna-Park was confirmed last month.

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bayern unveil Barcelona-esque kit

402399_heroa.jpg

By Enis Koylu191
May 9, 2014 1:06:06 PM

The German champions will wear blue and red shirts next season, just as they did when they won the 1996 Uefa Cup against Bordeaux

Bayern Munich have unveiled their home kit for the 2014-15 season - and have moved away from their traditional all-red shirts.

The Bavarians are instead harking back to their 1996 Uefa Cup triumph, when they beat Bordeaux 5-1 on aggregate in the final, with Mehmet Scholl on target in both legs.

However, their choice of colours may raise eyebrows, with Bayern having added Barcelona-esque blue stripes to their kits.

The neck area will feature the slogan Mia San Mia - Bavarian for "we are what we are" - and the shirt will be worn with red shorts and white socks adorned with red and blue.

The new kit will be modelled for the first time during Saturday's home clash with Stuttgart, which is due to kick off at 15:30CET.

69D359597E30DC9A3945EABF34F76345.jpg

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Freiburg extend Kerk contract

9 May 2014

449507header.jpg

Freiburg midfielder Sebastian Kerk has extended his contract at the Bundesliga club after impressing in his breakthrough season.

Kerk was handed his debut on the final day of last season and has been regular from the bench in the current campaign, making 17 substitute appearances in the league.

Freiburg may have spent the majority of their time in the bottom half of the table but the 20-year-old has impressed enough to earn a new deal, although the length of it was not released.

"Sebastian is an offensive player and still has a lot of potential for development," sporting director Jochen Saier told the club's official website.

"He came to us as a 14-year-old and we look forward to partnering with him in the next step in his career."

Kerk has made six appearances for Germany's under-20 side.

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nuremberg lose Schafer to injury

9 May 2014

449539header.jpg

Nuremberg's Bundesliga survival hopes have been dealt a blow with an injury to goalkeeper Raphael Schafer ahead of the final weekend.

Roger Prinzen's side have lost six games in a row and face Schalke on Saturday as they seek to overhaul Hamburg and give themselves a chance of staying up via the relegation play-off.

Bundesliga ever-presents Hamburg, who are one point ahead of Nuremberg, head to Mainz.

But Prinzen's charges must cope without their first-choice goalkeeper, who has not missed a league game this term.

"Raphael Schafer has suffered a severe muscle injury in his left shoulder and thus will miss tomorrow at Schalke," the club posted on Twitter on Friday.

The 35-year-old is likely to be replaced by Patrick Rakovsky, who has been his understudy throughout the season and played 45 minutes in the 2-0 defeat to Werder Bremen in March.

He becomes the fourth first-team player to be ruled out of the clash with Javier Pinola, Marvin Plattenhardt and Timothy Chandler all serving suspensions.

DieMannschaft

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bundesliga Preview: Hamburg out to maintain survival record

9 May 2014

449513header.jpg

Hamburg's unique record of being Bundesliga ever-presents will come under serious threat in Saturday's conclusion to the season.

Elsewhere, Bayer Leverkusen, Wolfsburg and Borussia Monchengladbach will fight for the last remaining UEFA Champions League qualification slot as Robert Lewandowski and Mario Mandzukic compete to finish top of the scoring charts.

While each of their fellow 15 co-founders have succumbed to relegation since the Bundesliga's 1963 inception – maiden champions Cologne being the last in 1998 – Hamburg have never gone into the final day sweating over their status.

But Mirko Slomka's side sit third bottom, just one point above Nuremburg with Eintracht Braunschweig a further point back.

One of the trio will go into a play-off for a place in the 2014-15 Bundesliga – almost certainly against Greuther Furth – while demotion will befall the other two.

Hamburg have lost their last four games, their last eight away, and have not kept a clean sheet in 12 matches. However, Slomka is optimistic he can record his 100th Bundesliga victory as a coach when he takes his team to UEFA Europa League-chasing Mainz.

Johan Djourou and key forward Pierre-Michel Lasogga have recovered from injuries, while Hamburg have lost just one of their seven trips to Mainz in the Bundesliga.

Nuremberg must attempt to end a run of six straight defeats by winning at third-placed Schalke for the first time in 21 years, while Braunschweig – winless and goalless in four outings – visit free-scoring Hoffenheim.

A number of people within German football have expressed their desire to see Hamburg, founded in 1887 and known as 'The Dinosaur', survive.

"I hope they can avoid relegation," Pep Guardiola said of the 1982-83 European Cup winners. "A club with so much history belongs in the Bundesliga."

Guardiola's runaway champions Bayern Munich, who beat Hamburg 4-1 last time out, are at home to fourth-bottom Stuttgart.

Thomas Muller could make his 200th league appearance – and potentially his last for Bayern – while Mandzukic will hope to boost his chances of finishing as the competition's leading marksman.

The Croatia striker is level on 18 goals with Lewandowski, whom he will compete with for a place in the Bayern attack next season.

Lewandowski's last league game for Dortmund is away to mid-table Hertha Berlin.

Bayer Leverkusen are one point above Wolfsburg and two clear of Borussia Monchengladbach in the race for the fourth and final Champions League berth.

Leverkusen are at home to Werder Bremen, while Wolfsburg host Monchengladbach.

Augsburg will pip Mainz to the final Europa League spot if they win at home to Eintracht Frankfurt and Hamburg avoid defeat at the Coface Arena.

Finally, Hannover and Freiburg meet in a match of little importance.