• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

║║ La Liga Season 2012-13 ║║

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anelka: A man without enemies is a coward

The flamboyant Frenchman is unimpressed with any criticism aimed at him, and believes he is well worth his hefty wages at Shanghai Shenhua

Oct 27, 2012 8:30:00 AM

By Stefan Coerts

196665hp2.jpg

Nicolas Anelka has stressed that he is not too worried about what other people think of him as he is proud of what he has achieved throughout his career.

The former France international has been involved in numerous controversies over the years, but he does not have any regrets.

"A man without enemies is a coward. To all those who talk about me and dislike me without even knowing me: 'The feeling is mutual.' My entire career has been one big battle with the press," Anelka was quoted as saying by Le Parisien.

"Over 65 million people in France think they know everything about football and are preaching to footballers in the belief that all they can do is kick a ball.

But when they cross the Channel, they can't string three words together in English. I speak English, French, Spanish, and now I'm learning Chinese. I can make myself understood anywhere in the world."

Anelka is one of the top earners in the game following his move from Chelsea to Shanghai, but he believes he is well worth his money.

"You worry about your salary and I'll worry about mine. Everyone has their worth. I've worked very hard for a long time to earn that money. My track record is there to remind those who've forgotten. Not all of that money has been spent buying cars and luxury handbags. I have a lot of friends and a big family. I enjoy helping all of them.

"I accepted Shanghai Shenhua's offer because I've been interested in Chinese culture since I was a child. But financial reasons also played a role. I've always been an adventurer who's liked to push his boundaries."

The 33-year-old has worn the jerseys of clubs such as Paris Saint-Germain, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea during his career.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga Preview: Mourinho wants Real improvement

26 October 2012

Jose-Mourinho-PI_20121013082901949_660_320.JPG

Jose Mourinho is looking for Real Madrid to bounce back from their Champions League defeat

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho is hoping his side's Champions League defeat by Borussia Dortmund will not put the brakes on their domestic revival.

Madrid were beaten by the German champions on Wednesday, dropping their first points of the group stages, but remain on course to qualify for the last 16.

They return to action in the Primera Division on Sunday with a trip to Real Mallorca, where they will hope to make it four wins from five league games following their dreadful start to the season.

The reigning champions managed only four points from the opening four games but since then only Barcelona have taken points off Mourinho's side, with a 2-2 draw at the Nou Camp earlier this month.

The Madrid boss said: "We are not used to having so many defeats at the start of season but we need to take a look at the matches. Dortmund played more tightly than we did.

"We have matches in league and cup coming up and we need to go and win those."

Mourinho was given more injury concerns last night after Sami Khedira hobbled off with a thigh problem to join Marcelo, Fabio Coentrao and Alvaro Arbeloa on the sidelines.

Mallorca sit three points and four places below Madrid in eighth place and will aim to bounce back after last weekend's narrow defeat by Sevilla.

Barcelona continue to lead the way, with their draw against their great rivals the only points Tito Vilanova's side have dropped so far this season.

They remain eight points ahead of Madrid and can extend that to 11, for 24 hours at least, when they travel to Rayo Vallecano on Saturday.

Full-back Dani Alves should be available after injury but Vilanova will be fervently hoping the club win their second appeal against Javier Mascherano's red card.

The Argentinian was dismissed for two yellow cards in last weekend's remarkable 5-4 victory over Deportivo La Coruna, and a first appeal against a one-match ban was turned down, but Barca have tried again.

If Mascherano is not available, Vilanova will have a defensive headache with Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol both unlikely to be fit.

Pique has missed Barcelona's last seven matches after sustaining a foot injury on Champions League duty but revealed he is making good progress.

The 25-year-old told a Google+ Hangout session with fans: "I'm feeling good, much better. I did everything I could to play against Madrid but in the end we decided to not run any risks. When my foot responds well, I'll start to train."

Pique also praised the performances of his team-mates in his absence, saying: "We've had a great start. We've won a lot of games and we're currently leaders. It's true that a couple of our matches have been tough, but the team is playing well."

Although Barca are well clear of Real Madrid, they still have a team from the capital hot on their heels, with Atletico also having dropped only two points.

The key to their performances has undoubtedly been the form of star striker Radamel Falcao, who has scored nine goals already, and he will aim to net in a seventh successive league game against bottom side Osasuna on Sunday.

Third-placed Malaga will be hot favourites for another three points against struggling Espanyol while fifth-placed Sevilla travel to Real Zaragoza.

On Saturday, Real Betis take on Valencia and Deportivo visit Celta Vigo, while the following day Levante meet Granada and Athletic Bilbao host Getafe. On Monday, Real Sociedad travel to take on Real Valladolid.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Barcelona rout Rayo

28 October 2012

293996header.jpg

League leaders Barcelona maintained their unbeaten start to the season after they dispatched Rayo Vallecano 5-0 on Saturday.

David Villa opened the scoring in the 20th minute with a cool finish, but despite intermittent threat from the home side, Lionel Messi surged Barcelona further ahead with a thumping effort three minutes into the second half - his 300th senior goal for club and country.

Xavi ended the game as a contest when he struck his 50th La Liga goal in the 79th minute before Cesc Fabregas added the visitors' fourth goal almost immediately after.

And Messi sealed matters with his second a minute before time; taking his tally to 17 in 14 competitive Barcelona matches this season and 73 in all competitions this calendar year.

Barcelona have now won eight of their opening nine games, and sit three points clear of Atletico Madrid, who square off against Osasuna on Sunday, while Rayo remain in 13th place on 10 points.

At the Estadio Benito Villamarin, Real Betis moved fourth temporarily following their 1-0 victory over Valencia.

Valencia, who prevailed in the UEFA Champions League midweek against BATE Borisov, were aiming to end their winless run away from home.

But a ninth-minute goal strike from midfielder Salva Sevilla proved too hot to handle for goalkeeper Diego Alves and condemned Valencia to a fourth away defeat.

Roberto Soldado, who bagged a hat-trick in the 3-0 win over BATE, had a chance during the closing stages to salvage a point for the visitors but he couldn't find a way past Adrian.

Elsewhere on Saturday, Juan Dominguez cancelled out Mario Bermejo's earlier goal as Deportivo La Coruna claimed a point at Celta Vigo, while high-flying Malaga played out a goalless draw with struggling Espanyol.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Good day for Madrid sides

29 October 2012

294143header.jpg

Atletico Madrid remain level on points with La Liga leaders Barcelona after a 3-1 win over Osasuna, while Real Madrid smashed Mallorca.

Radamel Falcao scored for his 10th-straight match, grabbing Atletico Madrid's third goal in their victory on Sunday as they resisted a brief comeback from Osasuna to win their eighth game of the season.

Atletico central defender Miranda gave his side the lead in front of their home fans when he got to Gabi's in-swinging free-kick first and angled the ball past Osasuna goalkeeper Andres Fernandez and inside the far post in the 31st minute.

Just four minutes later and Fernandez was picking the ball out of his own net again after Osasuna defender Alejandro Arribas failed to clear the penalty area with his header and Raul Garcia collected the loose ball, before firing it into the bottom corner.

Osasuna dragged a goal back before half-time, however, when Sola did well to hold the ball up in the 43rd minute and then laid it off to Roland Lamah as the Belgian winger curled a fine effort into the net from outside the penalty area.

Any chance of an Osasuna comeback was ended in the 73rd minute when Falcao backed away from his defender before bursting onto Juanfran's chipped pass and volleying the ball home to clinch three points for the home team.

Atletico Madrid moved to 25 points, equal with Barcelona but behind the league-leaders on goal difference, while Osasuna remain bottom of the table.

In Mallorca, Real Madrid clobbered the home side 5-0 that saw Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuain both scoring two goals.

Real moved back up to fourth with the victory but remain eight points behind their local rivals and Barcelona.

Higuain and Ronaldo were almost unstoppable in Mallorca as they linked up for three of the five goals.

Real took the lead in the eighth minute through Higuain before the Argentine striker teed up Ronaldo for the visitors' second goal before half-time.

Ronaldo then returned the favour in the 70th minute before Higuain again turned provider three minutes later for the Portuguese star's second goal, while substitute Jose Callejon wrapped up the win when he scored in the 91st minute.

Getafe continued Athletic Bilbao's poor campaign with a 2-1 win away at the Basque club.

Juan Rodriguez and Alvaro put Getafe two goals up and while Athletic Bilbao had 11 shots on target to six, the home team first scored in second-half injury time through Mikel San Jose when it was too late.

Meanwhile, Levante defeated Granada 3-1 with Obafemi Martins scoring twice for the winners.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga: Valladolid 2 Real Sociedad 2

30 October 2012

294186header.jpg

Oscar Gonzalez's 75th-minute goal earned Valladolid a 2-2 draw with Real Sociedad, who led on two occasions in Monday's La Liga clash.

Antoine Griezmann scored both goals for Sociedad but Valladolid came from behind both times to secure a draw and avoid a second-successive defeat.

Griezmann's first goal came in the 36th minute when he finished from a corner by Gonzalo Castro but Valladolid were level again at half-time thanks to a long-range strike from Patrick Ebert two minutes before the break.

Having hit the bar just after the break, Griezmann struck his second goal of the match, taking a pass from Carlos Vela and scoring from just outside the penalty area.

It was the 21-year-old French striker's third goal of the season.

Sociedad were on track for their fourth win of the season, which would have taken them above Valladolid and into the top half of the La Liga table but the home side spoiled that with 15 minutes to play.

Ebert swung his right-wing cross towards Gonzalez and the 29-year-old midfielder produced a strong header to equalise.

Jose Angel almost won the game for Sociedad in the final minutes but his shot from the visitors' defensive half was tipped over the bar by Valladolid goalkeeper Daniel Hernandez.

Valladolid remain in the top half of La Liga in 10th with 11 points, while Sociedad are 15th, one point behind.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

175392_thumb.jpg

Newcastle boss Pardew says he ‘nicked’ Mourinho’s managerial traits
The manager at St James’ Park has spoken of the influence that that the Special One has had on his revitalised career, revealing that he used to regularly watch Chelsea

204929_thumb.jpg

Giovani dos Santos: Jonathan can succeed at Barcelona
The Mexico international has talked up his brother's chances of becoming a first team regular for the Blaugrana, and is looking forward to taking on his former club in November

53009_thumb.jpg

Begiristain 'honoured' to be handed Manchester City director of football role
The former Barcelona technical director will be responsible for overseeing player recruitment at the Etihad Stadium after taking over the position previously held by Brian Marwood

214177_thumb.jpg

Sergio Ramos: Barcelona chase motivates Real Madrid
The Spain international is not too concerned by the Catalans' lead and has stressed the gap in the table has only boosted their desire to retain their crown

220976_thumb.jpg

Messi: I will not leave Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain
The Argentine has reiterated his desire to remain at his current club, and feels PSG will struggle to challenge the big teams in the Champions League

203865_thumb.jpg

Callejon: I will defend Real Madrid badge to the death
The 25-year-old attacker is thoroughly enjoying life at the Santiago Bernabeu, and has stressed the atmosphere in the dressing room is purely positive

221304_thumb.jpg

Vilanova: Barcelona not taking Alaves lightly
The Blaugrana are without a number of first team regulars, but their head coach has stressed they will treat the game like any other

164137_thumb.jpg

Vilanova hails new Manchester City recruit Begiristain
The Barcelona manager has underlined the 48-year-old's contribution to the Spanish club following his appointment as the Premier League champions' new director of football

162816_thumb.jpg

Messi, Ronaldo and Falcao make 2012 Ballon d'Or shortlist
Fifa has named the list of players shortlisted for the prize, with a host of star names battling it out for the crown

222896_thumb.jpg

Messi thanks team-mates after receiving European Golden Shoe
The Blaugrana magician is delighted with the prestigious prize for scoring the most goals of any player in Europe last season, having beaten Cristiano Ronaldo by just four

134158_thumb.jpg

Gullit: People criticise Cristiano Ronaldo because they are jealous
The former Netherlands star has spoken of his admiration for the Portugal international, and believes people envy the attacker because of his looks

196325_thumb.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo needs to show more humility, says Caparros
The Mallorca trainer feels that the prolific attacker's attitude could cost him in the race for the 2012 Fifa Ballon d'Or

173100_thumb.jpg

'Falcao should be in the running for Ballon d'Or' - Miranda
The Brazilian defender feels his team-mate is on a par with the Argentina international, and thinks he should make the shortlist for the individual award

217049_thumb.jpg

Ronaldo keeps climbing Real Madrid scorers list as Mourinho's men match Barcelona
The Portuguese netted twice in the 5-0 win at Mallorca, as the capital club replicated the Catalans' win at Rayo Vallecano on Saturday. However, the eight-point gap remains

216657_thumb.jpg

Mourinho: Madrid are going in the right direction
The controversial coach is quite pleased with his side's good run of form and feels the Liga title race is by no means over yet

223217_thumb.jpg

Higuain: Barcelona know they cannot lose
The Argentine has highlighted the importance of Real Madrid maintaining their good form in order to put pressure on the Blaugrana

217548_thumb.jpg

Bielsa unhappy with Athletic Bilbao defensive performances against Valencia and Lyon
The Basque-outfit have twice seen a winning position reversed in the final five minutes leading their trainer to question his side's concentrations levels in the closing stages

221933_thumb.jpg

Joaquin: Beating AC Milan was an historic moment for Malaga
The former Betis man claims that his side have the ambition to go all the way to the final after the Andalusians continued their winning streak in Europe's elite club tournament

201162_thumb.jpg

Casillas will use the criticism as an incentive, says Jose Angel Iribar
The Athletic Bilbao legend claims that the recent poor performances of the Spaniard will help him return to his best, before continuing to build on his excellent reputation

220056_thumb.jpg

'Neymar to Barca? I don't know,' says Zubizaretta
The retired goalkeeper stated that he is in the dark over a potential move for the Brazilian superstar, but refused to rule out a transfer in the near future

216935_thumb.jpg

Casillas may nominate Ramos for Ballon d'Or but we voted for Messi, says Pedro
The attacker believes that the Argentine superstar is the only player worthy to be crowned world's best footballer for 2012, and insisted this opinion is shared by others

170808_thumb.jpg

Manchester United's De Gea rules out Real Madrid move
The Red Devils' goalkeeper was reported to be homesick amid growing speculation he would return to his native Spain, but he has expressed his desire to stay at Old Trafford

222878_thumb.jpg

Barcelona's Villa: I am in good shape
The Blaugrana striker revealed that he feels great physically and expressed his delight with his opening goal in Saturday's victory over Rayo Vallecano

211451_thumb.jpg

'Winning 25 points from 27 is difficult' - Vilanova
The Barcelona trainer believes his team have earned their place at the top of the Primera Division, after the Blaugrana recorded a 5-0 victory over Rayo Vallecano

222896_thumb.jpg

Messi: Breaking Pele's record is the last thing I'm worried about
The talismanic attacker scored twice to take him closer to the Brazilian's tally for goals in a single calendar year, but is more concerned with team success

216656_thumb.jpg

Higuain will play at left-back, jokes Mourinho
The Portuguese coach responded sarcastically when queried about Real Madrid's defensive problems, but confirmed that Sergio Ramos would be available despite his recent injury

219244_thumb.jpg

I am eager to play Real Madrid, says Fontas
The 22-year-old defender said he needs no motivation and will be fired up to play against the Blancos because of the rivalry they have with his parent club

215793_thumb.jpg

Casillas undecided over Ballon d'Or vote
The goalkeeper has stated he has not chosen who he will vote for to win the famous prize and is still considering which player is the most deserving candidate

215793_thumb.jpg

Campo: Casillas deserves to win the Ballon d'Or
The 38-year-old former Blancos player says the veteran goalkeeper would be a worthy recipient of the prestigious award ahead of several high-profile contenders

219037_thumb.jpg

Schmeichel happy at Leicester City despite Real Madrid rumours
The 25-year-old has been linked with a move to the Spanish giants to serve as Iker Casillas' understudy but insists he is content with life in the Championship

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Newcastle boss Pardew says he ‘nicked’ Mourinho’s managerial traits

The manager at St James’ Park has spoken of the influence that that the Special One has had on his revitalised career, revealing that he used to regularly watch Chelsea

Oct 30, 2012 1:05:00 PM

By Alex Hess

175392hp2.jpg

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew says he "nicked" the management techniques applied by Jose Mourinho in his Premier League days with Chelsea, and says it has helped him become the boss he is today.

The 51-year-old, who was named as both LMA and Premier League manager of the year after his club's fine campaign last season, has spoken of the various influences upon his interpretation of the job, and the Portuguese is among the strongest.

"I used to watch Chelsea regularly because it was on my doorstep," Pardew told the Chronicle. "It was when Jose Mourinho was there. There were things that I was seeing that I hadn't seen in English football before.

"Some of the managerial traits that he was bringing I've learned from, and I can't help but say I've nicked a few of them.

"The big managers that I've come across and been lucky enough to deal with have influenced me. The impact of the foreign managers can't be lost on my education. Arsene Wenger is another.

"There are a few people who have influenced me throughout my career – Steve Coppell for sure."

Pardew also lamented the absence of Mourinho on English shores, but predicted that both he and his long-term rival Pep Guardiola will eventually take the reins of Premier League sides, to add to a healthily cosmopolitan range of coaching staff already in the division.

"Unfortunately Jose is not in the country at the moment, but hopefully he will be coming back here soon," he added.

"Pep will be, too. And then we really will have the best coaches in the world.

"That's the one beauty about this country – we've had a melting pot of the best coaches. That's why it is the best league in the world."

Donor

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lionel Messi claimed last season's record-breaking goals tally was due to the support of his team-mates and Barcelona's board as he received his second career Golden Shoe award on Monday.

Messi was presented with the trophy for Europe's top scorer in the 2011-12 season, when he notched a record 50 Primera Division goals for Barcelona.

The trophy was presented on Monday at a ceremony held at the former Estrella Damm beer factory in Barcelona city, which was attended by club captains Carles Puyol and Xavi Hernandez, as well as Barca president Sandro Rosell, vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu and sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta.

The Argentine attacker, 25, said none of his success would have been possible without the structure behind him at Barcelona.

"Before anything else I want to thank everyone who is here with me," Messi said. "A lot of people have come. Obviously this is a group award. This more than any other, even if it is a prize for scoring goals. Without my team-mates I would not have scored all the goals I managed."

Messi who also won the award for the 2009-10 season, recalled the backing he had received at Barca's La Masia youth academy as a youngster, and said he hoped to spend his full career at the club, before retiring back home to Argentina.

"When I was small, a person at the club told me that for every goal he would give me an alfajor (traditional South American cookie)," he said. "And when I ran onto the pitch to play I was thinking about the cookie. I really appreciate what the club has done for me in giving me the opportunity to fulfil my dream. My dream at the moment is to finish my career here before retiring in Argentina."

With Messi's partner reportedly close to giving birth to the couple's first child, organisers also presented a baby-sized golden bootie along with the main award. The Barca No. 10 hinted he had a new goal celebration planned for when the day came.

"It is probable that from next week I will change the way I celebrate my goals," he said.

Asked to choose his favourite goal of last season, Messi said he could not single one out.

"I do not usually pick out goals," he said. "I prefer to recall the goals in finals for the importance they had. I do not fight for any individual prize, we fight for trophies. My goal is to win again La Liga, the Champions League and the Copa del Rey. These are the objectives at the level of the team."

The award was presented on the day that the 23 man long-list for the 2012 Ballon d'Or was announced. Messi joked that he would have no trouble finding space in his trophy cabinet for another award if he had to.

"We will quickly make a space for a Ballon d'Or or a Golden Shoe if there is another," he said.

Former Barcelona and Spain midfielder Luis Suarez presented the trophy to his former club's current superstar.

"Messi is the essence of football," Suarez said. "There has never been a player fast, skilful and technical who scores so many goals. Until Messi."

Donor

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Radamel Falcao has again admitted that his future at Atletico Madrid is uncertain, but he is not thinking about leaving the Estadio Vicente Calderon at the moment.

The Colombian striker now has 17 goals in just 12 games for club and country this season, form which has seen him linked with ¬60-million moves to Real Madrid, Chelsea or Manchester City as early as the January transfer window.

He told Spanish TV show Punta Pelota on Monday night that he might have left Atletico last summer due to the club's serious financial problems and could do so in the future.

"I do not even know what will happen tomorrow," Falcao said. "I am happy and enjoying myself at my club. Later we will see. I am not thinking about leaving at the moment. I never think about it. That idea is not in my head."

El Tigre, who was named on Monday in the 23 man longlist for this year's Ballon D'Or award, would not be drawn on his chances of claiming the prize ahead of favourites Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Others are responsible for choosing, I really appreciate being on the list," he said. "It would be unjust to name a name and leave somebody out. (Messi and Ronaldo) are great players. Both stand out for their ambition."

Falcao did stress he was disappointed that there was no place on the ten man 'Coach of the Year' list for his club boss Diego Simeone, who in his ten months at Atletico has turned a ramshackle and divided squad into Europa League winners and now has the team joint top of the early Primera Division table.

"(Simeone) has done a lot to be there," El Tigre said. "He did not have time to prepare last season and he got the machine going immediately. Thank to him we were close to qualifying for the Champions League. It is a pity that they do not recognise him."

The forward said it was too early yet to think about a title challenge, that he was just focused on this week's away games in the Copa del Rey and La Liga.

"We are not thinking about March, but just going game to game," he said. "We have Jaen, then Valencia..."

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

222549_thumb.jpg

Simeone: Falcao deserves everything he is getting
The Atleti boss has explained that the Colombian striker's rewards on the pitch are due to his positivity and hard work on the training ground

223912_thumb.jpg

Messi to fly by private jet to make Argentina friendly match
The firm in charge of La Albiceleste's international fixtures has stated that it is prepared to go to great lengths to enable the star to play

222977_thumb.jpg

Jose Mourinho criticises Castilla line-up
The Los Blancos tactician does not understand the lack of playing time for the talents trying to break through from the capital outfit's second team

154487_thumb.jpg

Galtier: I dream of spending three days at Real Madrid
The Saint Etienne boss believes that he could learn a lot from Blancos trainer Jose Mourinho, and is hoping that he will have the chance to travel to the Spanish capital soon

222446_thumb.jpg

Cissokho: More to Atletico than Falcao
The French defender believes that the likes of Adrian and Arda Turan also pose a considerable threat to his Valencia side when they face the capital outfit on Saturday

223596_thumb.jpg

Atletico interested in re-signing Diego, claims agent
Jose Maria Martin has stated that the capital club have already contacted the former Wolfsburg man, who could move back to the Vicente Calderon as early as January

222985_thumb.jpg

Mourinho: Every player must improve
The 49-year-old believes that his side have not been playing well enough so far this season and must pick up their performance levels if they are to compete

221652_thumb.jpg

Vilanova: Playing youth players is a matter of courage
The Barcelona coach has refused to comment on Real Madrid's refusal to field youngsters in first team matches, but stated that a coach must be brave to do so

129322_thumb.jpg

Figo: Ronaldo and Messi impossible to separate
With the Ballon d'Or nominees announced and the Liga pair clear favourites to take home to prize, the ex-Portugal midfielder has revealed he sees them as the world's best

220970_thumb.jpg

Messi misses Barcelona training due to imminent birth of his son
The Argentina international is expected to become a dad in the upcoming hours after his girlfriend has been admitted to a local hospital

223909_thumb.jpg

Messi: There's no tension with David Villa
The Argentina international has insisted that he maintains a good relationship with the experienced attacker as a previous argument has been forgiven and forgotten

220525_thumb.jpg

Ibrahimovic could play with Cristiano Ronaldo, says Raiola
The controversial agent believes the Sweden international could form an impressive partnership with the Madrid star if the latter were to move to the Ligue 1 giants

202082_thumb.jpg

I don't know what I will do after Real Madrid, says Mourinho
The Portuguese trainer has stated that he is in the dark regarding the next step in his career, and revealed that his ambition to be the best is what drives him forward

218404_thumb.jpg

Neymar: Playing alongside Messi would be a dream
The Brazilian star believes the Blaugrana ace is a uniquely talented player, and revealed that he would be delighted just to train with the Argentine attacker

205874_thumb.jpg

I am proud to be linked with PSG, says Valencia's Feghouli
The Algerian midfielder insists that he remains committed to Los Che, but admitted that he is flattered to be on the radar of the French capital outfit

203597_thumb.jpg

Michel: Young players at Madrid only got a chance under Del Bosque
The Sevilla coach believes that Jose Mourinho knows what is best for academy graduates but admits that it has been some time since youth was given a chance by Los Blancos

220968_thumb.jpg

Messi: My team-mates know I am not a little dictator
The Argentina international insists he does not have too much influence at Camp Nou, and has spoken of his respect for Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo and Pepe

221919_thumb.jpg

Nasser Al-Khelaifi rubbishes Ronaldo to Paris Saint-Germain rumours
The Ligue 1 leaders have denied speculation they are preparing a big-money move for the prolific attacker in an attempt to lure him away from his current club

120245_thumb.jpg

Morata hoping for Real Madrid breakthrough
The young attacker is well aware of just how tough it will be to become a regular under Jose Mourinho, but is determined to take his chance when called upon

206482_thumb.jpg

Betis' brilliant Benat: The Manchester City target shunned by Athletic Bilbao
The 25-year-old is wanted by the Premier League champions to spearhead the midfield at Eastlands following the appointment of Txiki Begiristain as technical director

176285_thumb.jpg

Messi the perfect example of a humble guy, says Rosell
The 48-year-old sees the Argentina international as the perfect representative of the club's values and has nothing but praise for the Ballon d'Or candidate

224083_thumb.jpg

Kaka: I never considered leaving Real Madrid
The Blancos playmaker claims not to have been tempted to pursue more regular first-team football elsewhere and is happy with his international comeback for Brazil

213895_thumb.jpg

Granero grateful for Mourinho's tutelage
The former Madrid midfielder has spoken highly of the Spanish club's coach, saying he has fond memories of their relationship and valued the Portuguese tactician's opinion

222141_thumb.jpg

Schuster: Mourinho doesn't care about youth
The former Real Madrid coach has hit back at the Portuguese boss who he says is not bothered about developing young players into the first team

223888_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid starlet Cheryshev receives Russia call-up
The Castilla regular has yet to feature for Mourinho's first team but this has not prevented him from getting the opportunity to represent his country

215363_thumb.jpg

Mourinho: Youngsters are paying for Castilla's different formation
The Portuguese trainer has been reticent to use Cantera graduates in the first team, but has explained that a tactical differences are behind his decision

137720_thumb.jpg

No offers for Kuzmanovic, claims agent
The Serbian's representative has denied that any club has made a bid for his client, who is in the final year of his current deal at Stuttgart

132732_thumb.jpg

Vilanova: Sergi Roberto is one for the future
The promising youngster shone in his side's Copa del Rey win, and his coach has little doubt that he will become a key player in years to come

206482_thumb.jpg

Begiristain makes Betis star Benat his first Manchester City target
The Premier League champions' new director of football, who was appointed this week, wants to sign the 25-year-old midfielder, having been tipped off after contract talks stalled

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga preview: Barca look to edge clear

2 November 2012

ImageResizer.ashx

Barcelona and Atletico Madrid return to Liga action on Saturday after both clubs won fourth round Copa del Rey ties this week.

Joint Liga leaders Barcelona won their first-leg tie at Alaves 3-0, a match which saw reserve goalkeeper Jose Pinto struck by an object thrown from the crowd.

Regular shot-stopper Victor Valdes will return to the starting line-up for the visit of promoted side Celta Vigo to Camp Nou, with Xavi Hernandez, Lionel Messi and Pedro Rodriguez also likely to feature after being rested against third-tier opposition.

Barca's last league match saw them romp to a 5-0 win over Rayo Vallecano, while their opponents Celta Vigo, 13th in the standings, were held 1-1 at home by Deportivo La Coruna.

Atletico, meanwhile, who are level on 25 points with Barca at the top of the table, also enjoyed success in the cup, beating Jaen 3-0 away from home.

They face a testing examination away to an underperforming but dangerous Valencia team, whose position on the table - 11th - belies their status as one of the league's best teams outside powerhouse pair Barca and Real Madrid.

With Valencia struggling, Malaga have moved into third place, seven points back from the top two.

Expected to struggle after losing several key players in the close-season, the team from La Rosaleda have defied expectations to challenge on two fronts, with Manuel Pellegrini's team also impressing in their debut Champions League campaign.

On Saturday they host Rayo, who, perhaps still showing the effects of their thumping at home to Barca, went down 1-0 away to Las Palmas in the Copa del Rey.

The other match on Saturday sees champions Real Madrid welcome Real Zaragoza to Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.

Jose Mourinho's title-holders appear to have recovered from their slow start to the season, registering a 5-0 win at Mallorca in the league before dispatching Alcoyano 4-1 away from home in the cup.

Madrid are eight points behind fierce rivals Barca and Atletico, and can ill afford to drop more points if they are to keep pace with the front-runners.

On Sunday Athletic Bilbao will hope their fortunes improve when they go away to Granada.

Marcelo Bielsa's Athletic team, Europa League and Copa del Rey finalists last term, are just one point outside the relegation zone and were held 0-0 at lower league side Eibar in the cup on Thursday.

In other matches, Real Sociedad host second-bottom Espanyol, while Deportivo La Coruna, also in the relegation zone, await the visit of mid-table Mallorca.

Valladolid travel to face bottom side Osasuna, and sixth plays seventh respectively as Levante host Sevilla.

On Monday, fifth-placed Real Betis make the trip to Madrid, where they will take on Getafe.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Barcelona would be even more boring without Messi, says Moratti

The Nerazzurri supremo feels the Catalans are tedious to watch, while he has also explained their decision not to sign Paul Pogba this summer

Nov 2, 2012 12:40:00 PM

By Stefan Coerts

219114hp2.jpg

Inter president Massimo Moratti believes Barcelona are a boring team to watch adding they would be even more mundane if it were not for the presence of Lionel Messi.

The Catalan powerhouse have been one of the dominant sides in football in recent years, but Moratti struggles to appreciate their possession-based style of play.

"Football remains one of the mysteries of life and you never know how it will end. That's why I feel watching Barcelona is quite boring," Moratti told La Stampa.

"They would be even more boring to watch without Lionel Messi.

"I prefer quicker and a more direct style of football. A counter-attack, three touches of the ball and then a shot on goal."

The oil tycoon then went on to explain why Inter eventually opted not to make a move for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, who joined the Bianconeri from Manchester United in the summer transfer window.

"We followed him [Pogba], too. He seemed like a good player to me. We had an agreement with Manchester United not to approach each others players who were nearing the end of their contracts, though.

"It was a request from [Sir Alex] Ferguson, so we didn't go after him. Perhaps we made the wrong decision, but you can't snap up every player."

Pogba has impressed for Juventus in the opening months of the 2012-13 campaign, and helped the Turin giants to three points against Bologna in midweek by netting the winner well into stoppage time.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'The next Eto'o' - Manchester City eye move for Barcelona wonderkid Jean Marie Dongou

New director of football Txiki Begiristain has identified the 17-year-old striker as a future star and wants him to swap Camp Nou for the Etihad Stadium

Nov 2, 2012 12:30:00 PM

224531hp2.jpg

EXCLUSIVE
By Greg Stobart

Manchester City are lining up a move for Barcelona wonderkid Jean Marie Dongou, Goalcom has learned.

New City director of football Txiki Begiristain has intimate knowledge of the Barcelona academy having held the same role for seven years at the Camp Nou and has identified the Cameroonian striker as the most exciting player emerging at the Spanish giants.

THE VIEW FROM BARCELONA

"Since last summer Dongou's name has been sounded out for Manchester City and there's been links to Chelsea as well.

His contract will end in June 2013 and he belongs to the Samuel Eto'o's Foundation, with a market value of around £1 million.

Barcelona do, however, want to keep the player as he's considered one of the more promising stars for the future. He's a great goalscorer and also the only real central striker from La Masia.

He is held in high regard at Camp Nou and that's led to some of the press reporting that the club would prefer not to purchase Fernando Llorente as they trust Dongou will develop into a first-team player."

<tbody>
</tbody>
Begiristain also has knowledge of Dongou’s financial and contractual situation, with the 17-year-old on a professional contract that is due to expire next June.

Dongou has been hailed as the ‘next Samuel Eto’o’ since joining the famous La Masia academy at the age of 13, impressing with his touch, power, pace and eye for goal.

He has made 10 appearances for Barcelona B in the Segunda Division so far this season - five as a substitute - as the Catalan club look to ease him through to the first-team.

Yet City are ready to come in with a huge financial offer for a player they believe could one day be worth more than £30 million.

Begiristain started in his new role this week after being re-united with former Barcelona vice-chairman Ferran Soriano, who was appointed as City's new chief executive in August as the club went ahead with restructuring plans exclusively revealed by Goal.com in January.

As they plan a transfer strategy to comply with Uefa’s financial fair play regulations, City are looking to cherry-pick the best talent from Spain, especially youngsters at Barcelona, while simultaneously improving the first-team.

Goal.com has recently revealed how Malaga playmaker Isco and Real Betis midfielder Benatwill be leading targets to improve Roberto Mancini’s side in the January transfer window.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Stoichkov: I admire Mourinho but I have to hate him

The former Blaugrana attacker has revealed how he has two disparate feelings for the highly-successful Los Blancos tactician, but that the Portuguese is ultimately his friend

Nov 3, 2012 1:00:00 AM
By Mo Farooq

132528hp2.jpg

Former Barcelona player Hristo Stoichkov has told of his great admiration for Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho but has also admitted to hating the 'Special One' too.

The 46-year-old Bulgarian, who played for the Catalan side some 177 times during two spells with the club, said he hates the Los Blancos boss due to the bitter historic rivalry between Barca and Los Merengues.

Stoichkov is currently coaching Litex Lovech in the Bulgarian first division, and he was happy to discuss his friendship with the former Chelsea man.

"I greatly admire Mourinho, he's my friend, but he coaches Real Madrid and I have to hate him. Whoever hires Mourinho does so to win straight away, due to his personality, his philosophy and the football he plays," he told Radio Marca.

"Wherever he goes, he always wins. Jose Mourinho and I are friends. He was my coach and I’m very fond of him. But he coaches Madrid and I'm Barca through and through," the Bulgarian assured.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Messi hurt as Barcelona cruise

4 November 2012

294685header.jpg

Barcelona maintained their unbeaten start to the La Liga season with a 3-1 win over Celta Vigo as Lionel Messi was hurt on Saturday.

A whirlwind five-minute spell in the first half saw Adriano and David Villa hit the back of the net, either side of a Mario Bermejo goal for the visitors on the break at Camp Nou.

Jordi Alba scored a controversial third in the second half from an offside position, but Barca's joy turned to worry late on as Messi was forced off the pitch with a suspected knee complaint.

Nevertheless, Barca recorded another win – their ninth in 10 league games – to hold a three-point advantage over Atletico Madrid, who lost 2-0 to Valencia.

Tito Vilanova's men were on the front foot from the outset and opened the scoring on 21 minutes through Adriano.

A scintillating passing sequence freed Pedro down the right and he drilled a cross for Adriano to tap in the inevitable opener.

Celta were not without a threat of their own and equalised moments later as Bermejo capitalised on a rebound after Victor Valdes had kept out Alex Lopez.

But as fast as Celta responded with the equaliser, Barcelona were even quicker to surge back in front.

A fantastic back-heel from Villa released Andres Iniesta, who returned the ball to the Spain forward for the simplest of tap-ins in the 26th minute.

Barca needed until the hour-mark to put the game to bed as Villa's flick found Alba, at least a yard offside, and the full-back rounded Javi Varas to make it 3-1.

There was tension around Camp Nou late on as Messi went down clutching his knee, eventually walking off the pitch to sit out the rest of the game after a few minutes of treatment.

Real Madrid made it five La Liga games without defeat as they coasted to a straightforward 4-0 victory over Real Zaragoza at the Santiago Bernabeu.

In front of a quiet set of fans, two goals in quick succession – courtesy of Gonzalo Higuain and Angel di Maria – ensured Real took a two-goal lead into the break.

The visitors were resurgent in the second half, but Michael Essien and Luka Modric added a pair of late goals as Jose Mourinho earned his 100th win in charge of Real, who moved up to third but are still eight points behind Barca.

Atletico Madrid tasted defeat in the league for the first time this season as goals from Roberto Soldado and Nelson Valdez saw Valencia to a 2-0 win.

A brace from Piti helped Rayo Vallecano to a surprise 2-1 victory against Malaga, who had Martin Demichelis briefly level proceedings in the second half.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga wrap: Deportivo exit bottom three

5 November 2012

294784header.jpg

Deportivo La Coruna moved out of the relegation zone after they beat Mallorca 1-0 at the Estadio Riazor on Sunday.

Portuguese striker Bruno Gama's goal in the 30th minute was enough to get the home side over the line with the result moving them one point clear of 18th-placed Espanyol.

A first-half double from Athletic Bilbao striker Aduriz gave his side their third win of the season as they defeated Granada 2-1.

Aduriz struck from the penalty spot in the 13th minute before doubling his tally after 27 minutes.

Youssef el Arabi gave the home side hope with a goal eight minutes into the second half but they could not find another as Bilbao held on for the win.

Real Valladolid ended their three-game winless streak after they defeated bottom side Osasuna 1-0 away from home.

German striker Patrick Ebert popped up in the 83rd minute to score the decisive goal.

In the day's other game, Sevilla and Levante played out a 0-0 draw.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

La Liga: Getafe 2 Real Betis 4

6 November 2012

294863header.jpg

Real Betis have moved into fourth place on the La Liga table after defeating Getafe 4-2 in an entertaining affair on Monday.

The Seville side went into the game in Getafe knowing a win would see them move into the Champions League places after Malaga's defeat to Rayo Vallecano earlier on Saturday, and Pepe Mel's men did just that.

After a dull opening half, Betis striker Jorge Molina sparked the game into life in the 59th minute after finishing a Ruben Castro pass to give the away side the lead.

But Getafe took less than 10 minutes to respond with Diego Castro restoring parity on 68 minutes.

From there the floodgates opened with Betis scoring two goals in two minutes courtesy of Benat and Ruben Castro to put them up 3-1 with 14 minutes remaining.

On-loan Real Madrid winger Pedro Leon set up a nervy finish for Betis after striking in the 90th minute but Salva Sevilla quashed any hopes of a Getafe comeback scoring three minutes later to seal the vital win.

lker Casillas

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

201160_thumb.jpg

Xabi Alonso reveals Mourinho's new assistant: his son!
The Real Madrid midfielder caused a stir on Twitter as he tweeted a possible recommendation for a mystery person with no clue as to the identity. It turned out to be his young boy

211495_thumb.jpg

'Shades of Hierro & Blanc' - Real Madrid teenager Raphael Varane is set for superstardom
The 19-year-old's recent performances have led to suggestions that Los Merengues have a player capable of becoming a mainstay in the centre of their defence for years to come

180532_thumb.jpg

Abidal: Returning to football not my objective
The experienced defender recently resumed individual training after a liver transplant, but he has revealed that a comeback is not his main concern any more

223439_thumb.jpg

Ozil: I would give both Casillas and Ronaldo the Ballon d'Or
The Germany international says he would halve the prestigious prize between his two team-mates, and has admitted that he is not completely happy with his performances of late

157346_thumb.jpg

Barcelona doctor says David Villa could have lost leg
Dr Ramon Cugat, who operated on the Spain international's tibia after he broke it during the Club World Cup in Tokyo, says the star was fortunate not to have it removed

99959_thumb.jpg

Bartra: Messi argument was blown out of proportion
The Spain Under-21 defender says that reports of an dispute between himself and the European Golden Boot winner were exaggerated, and that the matter has been resolved

174454_thumb.jpg

Casillas: I would never vote for myself to win the Ballon d'Or
The Spain goalkeeper is shortlisted as one of 23 candidates for the prize, but reveals he would never choose himself out of professionalism

210281_thumb.jpg

Ronaldo backs Messi to win Ballon d'Or
The Selecao legend has stated his belief that the Argentine magician should be awarded the prize, while tipping Jose Mourinho to land the Coach of the Year award

157772_thumb.jpg

Perez hails Real Madrid training ground project as 'historical'
Los Blancos' president claims the plans are important to the club's status as it will continue development and differentiate them from other clubs in Europe

216657_thumb.jpg

Mourinho: I was too busy for club presentation
The Portuguese explained his reasons behind his absence from Los Blancos' unveiling of a new project to upgrade their current training facilities

217049_thumb.jpg

Ronaldo: I would vote for myself to win the Ballon d'Or
The Portuguese is one of the leading candidates for the prize, along with 22 other nominees, though he believes there is a very simple choice to be made

213878_thumb.jpg

Neymar: I will only play alongside Messi if he joins Santos
The Brazil international has no intention to leave his current club any time soon, and is full of respect for both the Barcelona star and Cristiano Ronaldo

214749_thumb.jpg

Villa: I am almost ready to play 90 minutes
The Spain international is slowly nearing top form again after a lengthy injury lay-off, and is pleased with the way he has been performing so far this term

205308_thumb.jpg

Alberto Toril: What Mourinho says is respectable, but my team is not old
The Castilla coach has defended his selection policies following comments from the Portuguese concerning playing time afforded to the likes of youngster Jose Rodriguez

222085_thumb.jpg

Heldt: Afellay could stay at Schalke
The Netherlands international is enjoying a season-long loan deal in Gelsenkirchen and may even remain in Germany beyond the current campaign

223944_thumb.jpg

I am not friends with Messi, says Ronaldo
The 27-year-old has distanced himself from the Barcelona forward, saying the two Liga stars are nothing more than congenial with one another

225074_thumb.jpg

Falcao posts head injury on Twitter after collision with Soldado
The Atletico Madrid striker suffered bleeding after being involved in an incident with his opposite number at Valencia, but assured fans that the damage was not too severe

221305_thumb.jpg

Vilanova: Barcelona haven't won anything yet
The Blaugrana boss played down the significance of his side's best-ever start to a Liga campaign following their defeat of the Galicians on Saturday

221675_thumb.jpg

Valencia must show same spirit away from home, says Soldado after Atletico Madrid victory
The striker praised his side's performance, as they ended the Rojiblancos unbeaten start to the season at Mestalla, and now wants to see an improvement in their form on the road

221778_thumb.jpg

Mourinho insists Real Madrid 'can & must' play better following Zaragoza victory
The Portuguese trainer made no bones about his opinion on the Blancos' display against the Aragon-based side and is now expecting a significant improvement from his players

202440_thumb.jpg

Real Madrid were tired against Zaragoza, admits Arbeloa
The full-back concedes his side did not hit their stride despite a comfortable win over the Blanquillos, while also giving his take on the club's lack of youth talent

224908_thumb.jpg

Messi suffers scare in Barcelona's best-ever start as Mourinho makes it 100 wins for Real Madrid
The Argentine was unable to dedicate a goal to his new-born son and suffered a knee injury which left Camp Nou cold as Barca beat Celta. Later, the Blancos thrashed Zaragoza

202389_thumb.jpg

Jordi Alba hails 'important win' against Celta Vigo
The Spain full-back was delighted to have scored the goal which ultimately settled the encounter, and praised Paco Herrera's side for their counterattacking threat

224909_thumb.jpg

Barcelona's Adriano set to miss three weeks
The Brazilian was forced off shortly before half-time after putting his side ahead early on, and the club have now confirmed he has suffered a muscle tear in his right thigh

166464_thumb.jpg

Helder Postiga: I would be very proud if Cristiano Ronaldo won the Ballon d'Or
The Portuguese striker says that he will be pleased if his fellow countryman wins the prestigious award and believes it will be a challenge playing against two of his friends

219594_thumb.jpg

Fabregas: I see myself as Xavi's heir
The Blaugrana star has set his sights on replacing the playmaker in the distant future after appearing to cast doubt over the longevity of his development as a 'false nine'

206191_thumb.jpg

Falcao's exit would be hard for Atletico Madrid to take, admits Arda
The Colombian striker's goalscoring exploits have seen him linked with moves to numerous European heavyweights but, his team-mate is keen for him to stay put

223238_thumb.jpg

Unorthodox De Gea proving a success despite lazy stereotypes
Hounded by criticism ever since his initial teething troubles, the £18 million Spaniard is putting down the challenge of Anders Lindegaard and proving himself at Manchester United