• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sigh...Undergrads no money buy clothes

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
March 11, 2009
Streakers expelled from hostel
By Jane Ng & Goh Yi Han

A GROUP of National University of Singapore (NUS) undergraduates who ran naked from one hostel to another on the campus have been expelled from the hall at which they were staying.

The nine, all male sportsmen mostly in their first year, are being put through a disciplinary inquiry, the outcome of which is due at month's end.

Meanwhile, they are still attending classes, though they have been barred from seeking places at the other hostels.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bunch of ah guas

Don't appreciate opportunity to further educate themselves

Pull these kind of stunts

Should fucking throw them out of university

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
March 11, 2009
Streakers expelled from hostel
By Jane Ng & Goh Yi Han

A GROUP of National University of Singapore (NUS) undergraduates who ran naked from one hostel to another on the campus have been expelled from the hall at which they were staying.

The nine, all male sportsmen mostly in their first year, are being put through a disciplinary inquiry, the outcome of which is due at month's end.

Meanwhile, they are still attending classes, though they have been barred from seeking places at the other hostels.

They seriously thought they were in a Mardi Gras street parade, is it? Oh for Pete's sake....NUS isn't an angmoh university; and neither are our laws. They should consider themselves lucky that its only an internal investigation. If they had transferred the case to the police, they won't just lose their hostel rooms. They will find themselves enjoying free accommodation, free food..albeit behind bars for indecent exposure. :rolleyes:

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bunch of ah guas

Don't appreciate opportunity to further educate themselves

Pull these kind of stunts

Should fucking throw them out of university

I wonder if these jokers are locals ,PRCs or other FTs. Having fun and comaradine is one thing, showing their willies around when there's not much to show for is another.

I agree they should be booted out from the university.:cool:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
why no criminal charges? the 2 angmo walk ard naked in Holland V kena investigated, why uni undergrads big F*** is it?

only expelled from hostel,,,,, what the uni is telling the world,,,, they are immune from the law a?

these brainless undergrads, must be charged with indecent exposure, outrage of modesty and every charges that can be throw at them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Police to initiate investigations, there must be a first information report.

Anyone can forward this thread to the Police, and it will suffice.

Anyone wants to be the postman?

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't agree with the behaviour of the guys. As for the NUS handling of it, well, it is, obvious, up to the NUS authorities to decide, and if they want to keep it internal, and not turn it over to the cops(after all, it happened in the campus, and not in H-V), then its up to them to decide.

Of course, while we can respect their decision, it doesn't mean we don't disagree. Still, until the full facts are known, we should pre-judge them and proclaim them guilty as charged. That should be left up to NUS and the guys' families to decide on which is the best course.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Running around naked is better than running around shooting people like other Uni all over the world.

Lucky Sinkapore no gun, only water gun and their lanjiao.

Its Pressure again.

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just a bit of harmless youthful fun. Singkees still have a long way to go in liberating their taliban mindset.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh btw in the second last line, I should have typed in shouldn't, not should. It is a typo error on my part, and I should have checked. I'm sorry for the error and for any misunderstandings.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh btw in the second last line, I should have typed in shouldn't, not should. It is a typo error on my part, and I should have checked. I'm sorry for the error and for any misunderstandings.

You dun have to be so serious in this forum unless you talk about avoid eating meat.

pfingo

Alfrescian
Loyal
yah harmless wat!

wat wrong with follow ang moh culture? asian to be on par with a white is an understatement - we r too full of ourselves

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

some freshman orientation stunt or hall activity? :eek::confused::eek::confused:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
any of you ever stayed in hostel when in uni? i never did, and do not regret not doing so. seems in the halls they make you participate in all sorts of silly activities on the basis of earning 'points' that ensure you get to carry on staying in them. perhaps i am wrong but i thought the main purporse these places serve is convenience from having to travel to and fro daily. i've even heard of cases where students who live near the school actually just stay to participate in the 'activities' - how ridiculous can that get? now we know for a fact what kind of activities these jokers are up to. i'm ashamed to say this as a recent uni grad, but the standards of those who make it to uni are probably not much higher than those who made it only to the polys and ITEs.

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
from what i heard and seen. the rooms are dirty(at least that's when i friend 1st moved in) and small but it's enough for individuals.. though more recently i read they make a few students squeeze into 1 room. the room gets very hot in the day time because of bad insulation and big windows. and yes, you have to do a certain amount of "CCAs" to earn the right to live in them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
any of you ever stayed in hostel when in uni? i never did, and do not regret not doing so.

You did the right thing.

Its real hellhole and pure waste of time from what I hear. Thats the reason why PSC requires scholars to stay in hostels in the first year to waste their time.

Some more there is no maid or your mum to wash and iron clothes. Everything you do yourself. Also I find the daily trips from home to the Uni very refreshing and stimulating. Quality time well spent.

I also heard that there is a requirement to mix and mingle in order to create a semblence of neighbourliness and civility. Frankly, why should I know my neighbour and even talk to him. I don't do that in my own house. Also why should I be considerate to others when I play my hi fi.

The other thing that I got issue with is all the sports and activity that bores me. Can you imagine, just because they don't have to travel from home to the Uni everyday, they got free time for games, fun, activities. Its total hype about having a balanced life.

I also heard that Seniors are required to assist the juniors in their studies and are supposed to pass on their notes and old text books. What rubbish is this.

The worst of all is the life long network that spread across the world and the godamm reunions. Who got time to keep up with others from montreal to hobart.

Did you hear about the sex, boozing, the pranks and juvenile behaviour. Disgusting. Anyway, I got money and anytime can go hotel 81.By the way, the worst prankster got a public admin gold medal last year and one prick even became an AG last year.

I also heard that some misguided souls who could not be admitted because they don't have the neccesary prerequistes, complain to the Uni admin to no avail. They should consider themselves lucky.

Yah, I too got no regrets.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
You did the right thing.

Its real hellhole and pure waste of time from what I hear. Thats the reason why PSC requires scholars to stay in hostels in the first year to waste their time.

Some more there is no maid or your mum to wash and iron clothes. Everything you do yourself. Also I find the daily trips from home to the Uni very refreshing and stimulating. Quality time well spent.

I also heard that there is a requirement to mix and mingle in order to create a semblence of neighbourliness and civility. Frankly, why should I know my neighbour and even talk to him. I don't do that in my own house. Also why should I be considerate to others when I play my hi fi.

The other thing that I got issue with is all the sports and activity that bores me. Can you imagine, just because they don't have to travel from home to the Uni everyday, they got free time for games, fun, activities. Its total hype about having a balanced life.

I also heard that Seniors are required to assist the juniors in their studies and are supposed to pass on their notes and old text books. What rubbish is this.

The worst of all is the life long network that spread across the world and the godamm reunions. Who got time to keep up with others from montreal to hobart.

Did you hear about the sex, boozing, the pranks and juvenile behaviour. Disgusting. Anyway, I got money and anytime can go hotel 81.By the way, the worst prankster got a public admin gold medal last year and one prick even became an AG last year.

I also heard that some misguided souls who could not be admitted because they don't have the neccesary prerequistes, complain to the Uni admin to no avail. They should consider themselves lucky.

Yah, I too got no regrets.

:biggrin:

At first I did think you were actually being serious. Then I realise you were being ironic subtly- a bit like Colbert. Cheers mate. :biggrin::wink::cool: