• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A study of western public healthcare

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aussie Prick,

If you cannot make a positive contribution to this forum, please stay away and not make yourself a donkey.

If I make that request to Americans, Europeans, Canadians, Australians and Kiwis, they will comply. Because they do not want to make ashame of themselves (unless their brains are fucked).

Joshie Boy and your multiple personas

I see you are once again quite upset.

Must be cause things are crashing down on you, huh?

Jealous, huh?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks Neddy

i uncovered the following facts which might be useful for those contemplating migration

(1) a citizen pays about 1% of his salary to be enrolled into the public healthcare program Medicare. This program is much more comprehensive than those found in other countries

there is a cost to the Medicare program; the contributions via private salaries account for only 11% of the Medicare running expenses; the remainder are funded by progressive taxation

hence the on-going debate in Australia
(2) there is a competing private healthcare program in place

(3) for migrants, it is best that you migrate before 55 years old for men and 50 years old for women as these are the limits for enrolment into Medicare. If you are above these ages, you might consider remaining a Singapore citizen but staying abroad as it is a very terrible thing not to be able to afford medical care.

The lesson drawn from this is that migration is best undertaken by young adults of 20 years and above.

Many parents are reluctant to let their children migrate. Some of them even feign illness to get them to return home.

But that is shortsighted.

If only they let their children fly when young; then give themselves permission to fly with their children

In this way, they get a range of choices

(4) For those who are older and yet want to migrate, they will need to have some sort of special characteristics that make them valuable to their new country; like money, special business talent, willingness to go to the sub-urban or rural areas to participate in the government special schemes

To be on the safe side, they should have about $200,000 in cash to cater for their medical expenses (hopefully they will be healthy always and when the time comes, go without prolong hospitalization)

the corresponding cost in singapore is not cheap either but i am unwilling to elaborate further

With prices of HDB flats the way they are right now, selling them and getting $200,000 is not much of a problem

Once again, thanks Neddy for your contributions and insights.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neddy.. those ppl are back !! Better stay low profile.. otherwise, they'll humtum you with any shits they have !

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Neddy.. those ppl are back !! Better stay low profile.. otherwise, they'll humtum you with any shits they have !

Aiyah just ignore them lah. If you don't feed the trolls they die eventually. Just don't feed the trolls!

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes they dont die easily... gotto think of a way to "Fix" them..

??? Like how they "Fix" LeeTahBar? whahaahahah I still don't understand why that guy post at all. Why not just change his nick or something.

Live and let live, ignoring is the best option. As long as people understand what is going on, its ok to have a few trolls here and there.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hahaahha thats funny. Never thought I would be mistaken for someone else based on login times. Anyway, sorry to burst your bubble but you would have to be patient when Neddy login to reply to you. :biggrin: Instead, if you want my personal opinion you should have asked me instead of Neddy. I don't like to pretend to be someone else.:biggrin:

The fun just begin. Itching to wack these trolls, but don't want to play into their hand. :rolleyes:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are welcomed.

Just take note that private health fund has a premium loading if you sign up after a certain age (age 30?). But like all Aussie policies, they try to ensure a bit of fairness. If you are a migrant above 30yo, you are given 1 year grace to sign up without having to pay the premium loading.

thanks Neddy

i uncovered the following facts which might be useful for those contemplating migration

[/INDENT]Once again, thanks Neddy for your contributions and insights.

Last edited: