• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Accidental encounters with ISD agents

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Accidental encounters with ISD agents[/h]Posted by temasektimes on August 27, 2012

A long time ago, I wrote about my accidental encounter with several ISD officers outside the blue gate when my friend and I tried to take a photograph of it. Taking a photo of the notorious gate was not an offence. The Straits Times and others had featured the gate when Mas Selamat disappeared and gurkhas, police and everyone involved in the security business combed our little red dot. I know from my expatriate friends that the garden of the little cosy private estate opposite the blue gate was thoroughly searched. All the residents on the ground level were told to shut their doors and windows.

There is little doubt that our security forces are very hard working. They work in teams. When my friend and I were confronted by them outside the blue gate, at least ten officers were involved. I asked them if it was normal that so many officers were involved in such a small matter. One of them confirmed that that was the case. Ten officers surrounding two women. They took away our identity documents, made us wait for more than one hour, downloaded all the photos from my friend’s camera, deleted photos which we took of the gate etc. I felt so stupid after the incident. Why didn’t I shout at them, take photos of them and tell them that they had no business and no right to waste our time in that way!
Let me tell you another story, this time involving the famous Alan Shadrake.

Shadrake as we all know, was charged and convicted for contempt of court. My story involved his search for housing while he was waiting for his case to be heard. He was initially offered accommodation by an expatriate. After some days, he was told that they could no longer help him and he had to look for accommodation elsewhere. I was accidentally informed that he was desperately looking for a place. I didn’t know Shadrake until I went to his book launch. I felt sorry for him because he was arrested at dawn at his hotel the day after the launch. It reminded me of my own arrest. To be suddenly awakened at the unearthly hour and taken to the police station must have been a traumatic experience for anyone.
A friend offered temporary lodging. I picked up Shadrake at Bukit Timah and drove him to my friend’s flat. I parked my car at the multi storey carpark opposite the flat and we made our way to the flat. We entered the lift and pressed the button to the desired floor. When the door opened, a young man busy on his mobile walked into the lift. He spoke in Mandarin and we heard him mention the name “Alan”. I looked at Shadrake and instead of getting out of the lift, we followed the man down to the first floor.

At the ground level, the man walked away and Shadrake and I walked out of the lift too. I told Shadrake that the guy was from the ISD. We both sat down on the bench. I wanted to see who else was involved in following us. Shortly after, a lady in office clothes and high heeled shoes walked past us. I told Shadrake that she too was from the ISD. To confirm that I was right, I waited till the lady went out of the block of flats and I got up and hid behind a pillar to see where she was going. She crossed the road and at the pavement opposite, she turned around and faced the block of flats that she had just left.

We waited a while and then went up to my friend’s flat. While my friend and Shadrake chatted, I thought I would check if the lady was anywhere on the road below. I walked to the balcony and looked out. Immediately, I saw several people scrambling and hiding behind the pillars at the multi-storey carpark opposite. There must have been at least four people doing that. Unluckily for them, my friend’s flat was higher than the carpark building and they could not escape my surveillance! I looked down on the road below and saw the same lady walking towards the carpark.
A team of more than six plain clothes men and women following Shadrake and me from Bukit Timah to my friend’s flat! What a waste of manpower. How inefficient can our police force be. If intimidation and harassment of peaceful citizens and people are all that they are good for, I am really worried and concerned at how they manage the security of our little island. Little wonder that they never found Mas Selamat.

TEO SOH LUNG

*The above was first posted as an article on Facebook.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am happy to read our isd agents are of a mickey mouse standard. i would be more worried if they were as efficient as the gestapo or the stasi.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is either that or Teo is delusional and sounds like someone having a mental breakdown.

The best part "I saw several people scrambling and hiding behind the pillars at the multi-storey carpark opposite. There must have been at least four people doing that. Unluckily for them, my friend’s flat was higher than the carpark building and they could not escape my surveillance!"

i am happy to read our isd agents are of a mickey mouse standard. i would be more worried if they were as efficient as the gestapo or the stasi.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our ISD agents are of mickey mouse standard in the eyes of Teo Soh Lung. If she had been so alert back then.....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of them used to be on permanent detail as durian sellers, road sweepers in potong pasir....using state resources to further party interests all in the name of national security

Last edited:

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many of them used to be on permanent detail as durian sellers, road sweepers in potong pasir....using state resources to further party interests all in the name of national security

Then i would say they are pretty screw up in their job since their master only got PP in 2011.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
google "ISD officer Singapore" and you will get this picture.

1AAE599F0EAB96F030CAE3ABC49.jpg

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rule of thumb: Singaporeans are useless at whatever they do. :biggrin:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Encounters are seldom accidental. They are almost always 'orchestrated' to appear accidental aka chance meeting.

sometime don't need to bring you in for kopi and full blast 2 air con in a air tight room. just make the presence felt can be a good deterrence.

uncle GD u the man! :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sometime don't need to bring you in for kopi and full blast 2 air con in a air tight room. just make the presence felt can be a good deterrence.

There were cases in the past whereby subjects weren't deterred at all even when lim kopi, aircon etc. Making presence felt would deter the 'scared die' type only. The ones that fear their own shadows. If bo kia see, hard to deal with them.

Came across some people who revealed to me they have several thick files in ISD. People like to feel important. I always smile when told these stories. I recall a certain bro in this forum who also boasted the same just coz he claimed he was active politically while in NUS as an undergrad.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A few years ago, Yap kheng hoe saw them jump into longkang to avoid being spotted by him. Now I know that was all orchestrated.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Came across some people who revealed to me they have several thick files in ISD. People like to feel important. I always smile when told these stories. I recall a certain bro in this forum who also boasted the same just coz he claimed he was active politically while in NUS as an undergrad.

His best friend Ramseth leh? That guy got thick file or not?