• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Much To SURVIVE in Sinkieland

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thats my point Im putting across. To many people, living like me may seem to be miserable to them but my wife and myself are actually very happy with our life. The money we saved are put to proper savings and investments. Thats the most important thing to us.

hi there

1. bro, just ignore those lousy mouthers telling you how to live life as husband & wifey.
2. doing stuffs that are comfortable to both of you matter most.
3. she is your partner for life.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Got lah. We can afford to go for nice long holidays but decided against it as we wanted to save the money in this type of unstable climate. Next time if we go japan, maybe we stay at your house lor :biggrin:

sure no problem bro ...we have guest room .

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paiseh lah brother, not mean to be rude. To each his own. To me car is not a neccsessity in Singapore. If I were to live in a big country like Taiwan or Australia, then it will be a neccessity since I love to move around. In Singapore, it is so small and the public transport is actually very convenient.
ok noted. public transport might be convenient but getting unreliable and crowded.......
i might consider if taking just few stops during off peak period.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
ok noted. public transport might be convenient but getting unreliable and crowded.......
i might consider if taking just few stops during off peak period.

You are right in saying that the public transport gets shittier by the day. My wife is lucky to have company transport and I am lucky that I love a crowded train :biggrin:
I should say that Im lucky because my job is flexible. I do not need to report to office, need not go back to office after meeting clients. So a typical day for me is 10am first customer, 4pm last customers. Sometimes my last customer is 2pm. So Im able to avoid all the crap breakdown. It is only these 2 months when Im stuck in the office doing training that I have to be here 9-6pm.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi there

1. bro, just ignore those lousy mouthers telling you how to live life as husband & wifey.
different strokes for different folks.
money is not elixir for happiness.
material quality of life also differs from person to person.
my point is WHERE IS THE SWISS STANDARD OF LIVING that millionaire ministars talked about?
how are most of the citizens in the 2nd richest country on earth is living life.
They tell you things like $800 income can bring up family in 2 room flats?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hi there

Thanks brother. If I were to tell the expenses of my brother and his wife, I think there will be more protest. My brother and his wife combined income is around 8k. They bought a 5 room flat and rented out 3 rooms for 2k. His expenses is nearly the same as me. No cars, maids, no smoke, no drink, no gamble. Their biggest indulgence is a 10k holiday every year. His wife is like mine, dont go for branded items. By the way, his wife is Singaporean. I quite surprised at how thrifty she is.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
different strokes for different folks.
money is not elixir for happiness.
material quality of life also differs from person to person.
my point is WHERE IS THE SWISS STANDARD OF LIVING that millionaire ministars talked about?
how are most of the citizens in the 2nd richest country on earth is living life.
They tell you things like $800 income can bring up family in 2 room flats?

hi there

1. bro, 5 thumbs up!
2. just lip service mah.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right in saying that the public transport gets shittier by the day. My wife is lucky to have company transport and I am lucky that I love a crowded train :biggrin:

1-little-india-mrt5.jpg

Have u been to Little India mrt?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks brother. If I were to tell the expenses of my brother and his wife, I think there will be more protest. My brother and his wife combined income is around 8k. They bought a 5 room flat and rented out 3 rooms for 2k. His expenses is nearly the same as me. No cars, maids, no smoke, no drink, no gamble. Their biggest indulgence is a 10k holiday every year. His wife is like mine, dont go for branded items. By the way, his wife is Singaporean. I quite surprised at how thrifty she is.
bro again..........earn 8k still need to rent out the rooms......why need to rent out the rooms? where is the quality of life like that? dun say like to interact with strangers hor....

its good to have simple needs and have thrifty values.....its better if the need to live simple life is not forced on by sinkieland getting expensive and money no enough.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
bro again..........earn 8k still need to rent out the rooms......why need to rent out the rooms? where is the quality of life like that? dun say like to interact with strangers hor....

its good to have simple needs and have thrifty values.....its better if the need to live simple life is not forced on by sinkieland getting expensive and money no enough.

I also dont understand them. Thats why my mother kept kpkb. Complain that sometimes they still go back to her house to sleep (my brother still keeps his room there). Say earn so much still like that. Dont 二人世界and faster give her a grandson. Maybe its because my brother and I grew up poor. Thats why we have the mentality to save and earn whatever we could.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I also dont understand them. Thats why my mother kept kpkb. Complain that sometimes they still go back to her house to sleep (my brother still keeps his room there). Say earn so much still like that. Dont 二人世界and faster give her a grandson. Maybe its because my brother and I grew up poor. Thats why we have the mentality to save and earn whatever we could.

bro...i also grow up poor leh ..now i can make abit of money i want to pamper myself ..remember bro , money is not money when you dont spend it .

Last edited:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro...i also grow up poor leh ..now i can make abit of money i want to pamper myself ..remember bro , money is not money when you dont spend it .

bro . i also grow up poor. but i get poorer now :( becos i spend all the money . :(

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i grew family of 7 in a queenstown 4 room flat..........family was nowhere near rich but we never had to worry about basic neccesities.......never felt deprived in any way as a child.......we had 'enough'.........everyone was happy.

nowsadays so many are making so called high income but money is never enough.......granted times have changed expectations as well....many luxuries of yesteryears are now the norm.
so many sinkies now worry about money constantly.....bin chao chao.....worry about cost of setting up family....losing their jobs and never retiring.....

so 2nd richest country is going forward or gostan?