• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Your Favourite Sunday Brunch

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pen what your Sunday Brunch amounts to.

In the early years, it was bacon, eggs and toast. 2 eggs sunny side up, slightly runny yolks, bacon not crisps like the American but smoked bacon lightly fried. Nice Ipoh coffee with condensed milk. (please don't ask me why bacon and eggs, maybe Kantang complex for a while )

Phase II of life - Interchange between Katong Laksa and Changi Nasi Lemak. Katong Laksa though nice , the 2 fuckers serving it would get zero for manners and lack of enough ingredients. Glad they got fucked with new competition. Also witnessed the war between kopitiam owner's wife and the lady who brought back the standard. Changi Nasi Lemak was more for the fresh air and sea-side proximity and to get away from hustle and bustle.

This period was also interspersed with forays to Jalan Kayu for roti prata. No exception, always plain, no egg and dalca (hope i got that right). Second side foray was for Rendezvous Nasi Padang or Bussorah St Nasi Champur.

Last edited:

RWSSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pen what your Sunday Brunch amounts to.

In the early years, it was bacon, eggs and toast. 2 eggs sunny side up, slightly runny yolks, bacon not crisps like the American but smoked bacon lightly fried. Nice Ipoh coffee with condensed milk. (please don't ask me why bacon and eggs, maybe Kantang complex for a while )

Phase II of life - Interchange between Katong Laksa and Changi Nasi Lemak. Katong Laksa though nice , the 2 fuckers serving it would get zero for manners and lack of enough ingredients. Glad they got fucked with new competition. Also witnessed the war between kopitiam owner's wife and the lady who brought back the standard. Changi Nasi Lemak was more for the fresh air and sea-side proximity and to get away from hustle and bustle.

This period was also interspersed with forays to Jalan Kayu for roti prata. No exception, always plain, no egg and dalca (hope i got that right). Second side foray was for Rendezvous Nasi Padang or Bussorah St Nasi Champur.

SOON, all these food u mentioned will die off...in 5 to 10 years time, u will get China type breakfast or Pinoy type rubbish....all these local culture will die off as the PAP give out more PRs and Citizenships to foreigners...

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let you choose...

China Breakfast
IMG_0007.JPG

Pinoy Breakfast
aa%2B044.JPG

meshuggah78

Alfrescian
Loyal
162284345915295e68b9521ee08120bc345794d4.jpg

Chin Choon Prawn Noodle @ Zhenghua.. The row of shophouses next to the Linear condo; Solid stuff

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell me about it. I once heard about an old world, genuine, authentic, real (yes, that how it was described to me) wanton mee that was operating at Bayswater in London. My mouth started watering as I reckoned the one at the old National Library was the best. Naturally, i managed to squeeze London in and made my way there. Easy to find, opposite the Tube station. The description was spot on. Straight away brought back memories. Powdery noodles etc, great chilli and char siew all up to standard. Portion was also big. Spoke to staff as owner was not in. Staffed by Malaysians / Singapore students. They told me boss was Singapoan who refused to compromise. Place was packed by all Singaporean, Malaysian etc.

The next trip with a bunch of friends and the place closed down. No idea but was told that it had not moved but simply closed down - sad.

SOON, all these food u mentioned will die off...in 5 to 10 years time, u will get China type breakfast or Pinoy type rubbish....all these local culture will die off as the PAP give out more PRs and Citizenships to foreigners...

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can never get thru the weekend without my fav bak chor mee at Hougang kopitiam. Not the one inside the Kopitiam adjoining NTUC kangkar. It is the one with the small k.

Unfortunately, the kopitiam does not sell kopio the old style in flowered/white clay porcelain cups. That one you have to go to Yakun at B1 Hougang mall. Not nec the best, but convenient.

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mee soto or soto ayam at Haig Road..occasionally, Laksa or Tahu Goreng coupled with the popiah at Glory...not bad...
Sometimes, nasi padang at Hajjah Maimunah or Sabar Menanti at Arab Street..but they a bit pricey...
For Nasi Lemak..found new place along Upper Thomson Road..buffet style and you can scoop ingredients but rather pricey too..
If am home, will whip up good eggs and sausages with baked beans..or else fried rice with mini sausages. or plain tuna sandwiches..:biggrin:

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread remind me of Irene .

Irene is history.. You should now try goin after Kinana..

Back to the main topic, for Sunday mornings, it would be Mee rebus and kopi O at Upper Serangoon for me.. Upper Serangoon is a haven for foodies.. Sometimes would also order fishball noodle.. If I have the time, would head back to my old neigbourhood kopitiam at Tampines for their Chicken Chop and wash it down with a cold Heineken..

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like Hyatt's champagne brunch but can't go as often as I want. McDonald's hotcakes (not breasts!) also doable :o

Today I had champagne brunch at the Brasserie Les Saveurs, St Regis Hotel.

Meal and ambience were good, but my mood was spoilt by the restaurant staffed only with Pinoys, Ah Nehs and PRCs.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fried Bee Hoon with fried egg (runny yolk) and either luncheon meat or sotong cake with kopi. But hard to find nice stalls selling this and very sad an excellent stall selling fried bee hoon near my just closed down after only 4 months of operation. The rent killed it :-(