• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You like Fair or Dark Skin?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Women can fight over this, you know?

Two female co-workers at a meat processing plant got into a food fight on the production line over who was the fairest of them all—and the argument spiralled so out of control that their colleagues had to call the police.

It all started when one girl, 22-year-old Xin, learned that her friend, 20-year-old Zhang, had landed a bigger financial loan from the factory than she did. "I was angry with her after I found out that she managed to borrow more money from the company than me," Xin confessed.

Guangzhou's Shishi Daily reported that the fight broke out when Zhang took a dig at Xin's skin tone. "You look darker lately,” she told Xin, who told reporters, "When she made fun of me and said I was dark, I got mad and lost my mind."

At first the ladies sparred verbally. "You don't look any fairer!" Xin nudged back. "Fairer than you!" Zhang poked again. And that's when all hell broke loose.

Xin grabbed a fist full of meat floss from the manufacturing line and chucked it in Zhang's face. Zhang retaliated by throwing a bunch of dried meat back at Xin. And then they really went for each other, which got so bad that the cops had to come in and break them up.

Baogai police force, from China's Fujian province, later let the girls off without charge but gave them a stern warning.

Like other Asian countries, China's vanity market has been flooded by skin whitening products. Millions of women are being influenced by advertisements that push these lightening skin care items as the ultimate in modern beauty.

But do women with fair skin or lighter skin tones win more love and chances in life? Academics at the University of Toronto, Canada, say yes. One of their studies has shown that men from all races find these women more alluring than tanned or darker-skinned women.

"Men are subconsciously attracted to fairer-skinned icons like Nicole Kidman and Kylie Minogue because of the skin tone's association with innocence, purity, modesty, virginity, vulnerability and goodness," they said.

Dr Shyon Baumann, a sociologist involved in the study, wrote in the findings: "What the research shows is that our aesthetic preferences operate to reflect moral preferences. Within our cultures we have a set of ideals about how women should look and behave."

"Lightness and darkness have particular meanings attached to them and we subconsciously relate those moral preferences to women," he added.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Part of the reason he died was because he was overLy obsessed to turn himseLf into a fairer being..

sawadeecup

Alfrescian
Loyal
In angmo countries darker skins are more attractive.

But I find sgplian Chinese are getting darker like Malays.