• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YOG certificates given out bear "sample" signatures

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20100923-238786.html

Signatures on YOG certificates are samples
Thu, Sep 23, 2010
AsiaOne

SINGAPORE - It has come to light that the certificates handed out during the recent Youth Olympic Games(YOG), in the form of participation certificates, victory diplomas, torchbearer certificates and commemorative certificates bear sample signatures of the Chairman of the YOG and President of the International Olympic Committee.

More than 45,000 certificates were issued and the Singapore YOG Organising Committee (SYOGOC) views this as a serious error and is in the process of reprinting the certificates with the original certificates that will be ready December this year.

Mr Goh Kee Nguan, Chief Executive Officer of the SYOGOC apologised on behalf of the committee: "We are sorry for the error and the inconvenience caused to our participants and volunteers.

We appreciate the contributions of the various individuals towards the success of Singapore 2010 and we seek their understanding on this matter."

The committee will be contacting the necessary parties to send them the new certificates.

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_582223.html

Sep 23, 2010
Error on YOG certs, sorry
By Lee Jia Xin

THE organisers of the recently-ended Youth Olympic Games (YOG) have apologised for a printing error on more than 45,000 certificates issued to participants and volunteers.

The certificates carry the sample signatures instead of the actual signatures of the chairman of the YOG Organising Committee and the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).

'The sample signatures were used as place holders in the design of the ceriticates which were sent to the printing firm by mistake due to an oversight in the checking process,' said a statement from the Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee (SYOGOC) on Thursday.

The errors were found in 45,000 participation certificates, victory diplomas, torchbearer certificates and commemmorative certificates sent out to YOG participants and volunteers.

Mr Goh Kee Nguan, Chief Executive Officer of SYOGOC said on Thursday: 'We are sorry for the error and the inconvenience caused to our participants and volunteers.

'We appreciate the contributions of the various individuals towards the success of Singapore 2010 and we seek their understanding on this matter.'

He said the organising committee 'views this mistake seriously' and is reprinting new certificates which will be sent to the recipients by December.

Mr Ng added that SYOGOC will be contacting the respective organisations, participants and volunteers to send them the new certificates.

For any enquiries, participants and volunteers can email the organising committee at [email protected].

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
its kind of embarrass for you to make this an issue when India's Commonwealth game just around the corner:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I feel paisei for you:o:o

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What does this sort of news say about Singapore?

Apologies must also extned to all Singaporeans who have been embarassed and insulted by the incompetence of the people concerned.

What a joke!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder what's on the cert that Cleareyes received?

Hope he rub his eyes clear and use his monocular to check properly.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonder what's on the cert that Cleareyes received?

Hope he rub his eyes clear and use his monocular to check properly.

Wasnt interested in the cert as I didnt even bother to look at it when I got it.

The girls I met are more interesting and yes...those olympic pins are will have better re-sell value in the future.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wasnt interested in the cert as I didnt even bother to look at it when I got it.

The girls I met are more interesting and yes...those olympic pins are will have better re-sell value in the future.

Not interested in certs or pins. If got girls, can intro? :biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For two weeks during YOG nobody has noticed it and now weeks have passed after YOG and yet nobody dare to make known the flipflop. Gosh!!! it must have taken msm the courage, after considering the gravity of the situation, to announce it. Mas Selmat escape 4 hours later than announced, Swiss graffiti on MRT days later than announce. Oh jesus, we better trust online news from now onwards and stop relying on msm.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are there any difference with or without the original signatures of Olympic VIP? Its just a piece of paper, a YOG certificate to feel good.

Imagine someone come to me during an interview, show me the Cert - I was an YOG volunteer!... I will flip ah...and smile. :smile:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pay of Teo Ser Luck, Ng Ser Miang and VB ought to be cut to finance the rework.

Why should we the taxpayers bear it?

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The banter was :: The YOG is a huge success !! .... :o

Self praise, international disgrace !!!:o

Even when the dusts is settled, still got further cock-ups ...!!!:eek:

This is unbelievable. Good grief !!!:mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The banter was :: The YOG is a huge success !! .... :o

Self praise, international disgrace !!!:o

Even when the dusts is settled, still got further cock-ups ...!!!:eek:

This is unbelievable. Good grief !!!:mad:

You are embarassing VIVIEN....now you go tell him, 'yellow, yellow, dirty fellow'!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We better check the currency notes we carry, one day they going to say that, the signature on the note is a SAMPLE...your $100,000 you won from The SINgapore Pools, in currency notes..is a SAMPLE!... ha ha ha ha

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better check all our vote slips..maybe samples too! hahahaha.

We better check the currency notes we carry, one day they going to say that, the signature on the note is a SAMPLE...your $100,000 you won from The SINgapore Pools, in currency notes..is a SAMPLE!... ha ha ha ha