• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yam Ah Mee to resign in March: Shin Min

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
20130110.180526_st_yam.jpg

SINGAPORE - Singapore's most popular Returning Officer for elections Mr Yam Ah Mee will be resigning from People's Association (PA) in March, Shin Min Daily News has reported.

Mr Yam Ah Mee, 56, is currently the chief executive director at the PA.

According to the Chinese daily, Mr Ang Hak Seng, 52, chief executive of the Health Promotion Board (HPB), is slated to take over Mr Yam's role at the PA.

Mr Yam became Singapore's overnight star when he announced the results for the General Election in 2011.

His monotonous voice, a result of throat surgery he had undergone in his youth, prompted the launch of mugs, tee-shirts and badges designed with pictures of his face on them.

His steady delivery of the election results also resulted in plenty of YouTube videos made to pay homage to his unique voice and presentation style.

Previously chief executive of the Land Transport Authority (LTA), Yam joined the PA in 2010.

A former air force brigadier-general (BG), Mr Yam has a first-class engineering degree he achieved on a Singapore Armed Forces Overseas Training Award at the University of New South Wales .

He was made LTA chief in 2005 after a stint at the Transport Ministry as deputy secretary (sea & air) in 2004.

Mr Ang was previously senior director of the International Cooperation Department at the Singapore Police Force, and was also senior director of Capability Development and International Partnership at the Ministry of Home Affairs.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Ang was previously senior director of the International Cooperation Department at the Singapore Police Force, and was also senior director of Capability Development and International Partnership at the Ministry of Home Affairs.

PA found the right man to replace YAM. AHS will fare better when it comes to the science of porlumpar. He had good training in the SPF porlumpar-ing KBH and GLK. I suspect Amy Khor was partly instrumental in him getting his PA job. He helps out in her ward. He is a glory seeker.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
YAM was also the asshole who went on a building spree for those ERP gantries when he was the LTA chief.

Fucked up SAF trash.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PA found the right man to replace YAM. AHS will fare better when it comes to the science of porlumpar. He had good training in the SPF porlumpar-ing KBH and GLK. I suspect Amy Khor was partly instrumental in him getting his PA job. He helps out in her ward. He is a glory seeker.

This lapdog Ang got high profile...even as HPB chief his cb face always appearing in the media....think it's deliberate.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite sure he's sLated for higher office..
If so, the announcement would also have included where he is heading next. I think this has something to do with palmer gate. It is resignation, not retirement or redeployment. But he will likely get a low profile director post somewhere in a GLC.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
YAM was also the asshole who went on a building spree for those ERP gantries when he was the LTA chief.

Fucked up SAF trash.
He was carrying out LHL command. LHL loves ERP. YAM was subsequently entrusted with PA, a very important organ reserved for trusted dogs.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This lapdog Ang got high profile...even as HPB chief his cb face always appearing in the media....think it's deliberate.

I recall he was previously Dy CEO of PA. He is a fraud. Had to leave the SPF coz he's CP's senior. Would have been awkward for him to report to CP. They cannot get along.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wonder if this is linked to palmergate?

May be PAP has suspected Yamgate and decided to let him leave before it became another big issues? Never underestimates the possibilities of more juicy tales hidden inside PA. It is also a place where all dogs run wild and ended up mating each other.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
CEO position since 1982 has been filled by high grade individuals. Either they could not find quality or there is a possibility that PA role and function is going to be downgraded and back to pre 1982 approach where politics is no longer in the fore front. Grassroots Management which was previously with PMO might move back.

Dinosaur

Alfrescian
Loyal
May be PAP has suspected Yamgate and decided to let him leave before it became another big issues? Never underestimates the possibilities of more juicy tales hidden inside PA. It is also a place where all dogs run wild and ended up mating each other.

I don't know how true and reliable the grapevine is, but Pinky has very good opinions of Yam Cake.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's exactly what I heard about AHS from people who worked with him in SPF and HPB. A real attention whore who would lick the balls or cunts of his masters with no hesitation. A farking hypocrite of a man I was told.