• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yaacob say son will do NS

jw5

Loyal
Will it depend on whether he's still a ministar?
Will he try to get 12 years deferment or disruption?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

I simply don't see why Dr Yaacob bother to explain all these lies. He is simply dignifying these people with his replies. It is getting more and more ridiculous. What's next? Someone will circulate that PM Lee sons are all excused from National Service? Mr Tharman children sons have Japanese citizenship?

Lies are so pervasive on the internet that PM Lee is right on the spot to describe it as thus in his National Day Rally speech:

PM Lee : [The Social Media / the Internet] ..... it is anonymous, it is chaotic, it is unfiltered, unmoderated and so the medium lends itself to many negative views and ridiculous untruths.

The tragic part is a lot of young people who surf the net prefer to believe in them than the truth. Apparently their motto is "Truth is stranger than fiction."

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I simply don't see why Dr Yaacob bother to explain all these lies. He is simply dignifying these people with his replies. It is getting more and more ridiculous. What's next? Someone will circulate that PM Lee sons are all excused from National Service? Mr Tharman children sons have Japanese citizenship?

Actually if he wants to be nasty he can point out the opposition leaders who have foreigner wives.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha...then why u neber geng to become Pes C? Or u Pes C...but unlikely since you from SOPT..

NS time is Pes A. NS time too stupid to geng. Now Reservist try to geng they downgrade me to Pes B. Might as well don't downgrade -_-"

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS time is Pes A. NS time too stupid to geng. Now Reservist try to geng they downgrade me to Pes B. Might as well don't downgrade -_-"

*clap clap*

neber too late to start genging...hee

but its not true to say Pes C geng...Pes C got sibeh long list of sub-cat...C1L1 to C2L9 or something...sorry...maybe now system different...

kenna the wrong Cat...u still need to IPPT n SOC...xcept no combat vocation.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

PES A/B no practical difference. Both combat or police fit except a few vocations for PES A, very few. PES B can become army commissioned officer or police senior officer too.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
*clap clap*

neber too late to start genging...hee

but its not true to say Pes C geng...Pes C got sibeh long list of sub-cat...C1L1 to C2L9 or something...sorry...maybe now system different...

kenna the wrong Cat...u still need to IPPT n SOC...xcept no combat vocation.

Interesting thing I found out during the my previous ICT. We were discussing Pes C and the category like your L whatever with the company MO and Medics. According to the MO, the Pes status like Pes C2L9(which we always thought cannot do anything) is just a reference.

If L*something* excuse you from doing whatever activity you are excuse for e.g. running for excuse leg. However it doesn't mean you cannot do it, it's just that pple who are excuse can choose not to do it. So at the end of the day it basically means that Pes C(esepcially those Pes C1) can take part in just about every activity but U can choose to excuse yourself if you it involves whatever part of your body that you are excuse for. SAF for safety reasons just lump all of them into a single group and put them into Non-Combat role. So basically speaking Pes C guys are still "combat fit" in a sense

PES A/B no practical difference. Both combat or police fit except a few vocations for PES A, very few. PES B can become army commissioned officer or police senior officer too.

Yeah lah. My freaking reservist unit is infantry that means I am expected to do freaking everything

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah lah. My freaking reservist unit is infantry that means I am expected to do freaking everything

I was PES B. Actually I preferred army, even infantry I didn't mind. Well, I grew up on Rambo movies. But, I was posted to police. I asked CMPB whether can change to army or not? They said no, unless I signed on. Only by signing on can one chooses, but subject to approval too. Signing on wasn't an option since I was then arranging for study in US with my girlfriend (now my wife) in two years' time and though a Rambo fan as I was, I wasn't about to embark on an army career, just preferring army for the two years since I have to do it anyway. I suspect that there's an unwritten rule behind the selection process. Minorities are always sent to police or civil defence.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was PES B. Actually I preferred army, even infantry I didn't mind. Well, I grew up on Rambo movies. But, I was posted to police. I asked CMPB whether can change to army or not? They said no, unless I signed on. Only by signing on can one chooses, but subject to approval too. Signing on wasn't an option since I was then arranging for study in US with my girlfriend (now my wife) in two years' time. I suspect that there's an unwritten rule behind the selection process. Minorities are always sent to police or civil defence.

bro...i dunno your age gp...but during my era, where u posted depends on the aptitude test that you took during the pre enlistment check. So, if you show aptitude for mata, civil defense...u will be posted there..

i heard myths too that if you join NPCC during school days, you will go mata for NS...not true.

it depends on the damm aptitude test it seems.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interesting thing I found out during the my previous ICT. We were discussing Pes C and the category like your L whatever with the company MO and Medics. According to the MO, the Pes status like Pes C2L9(which we always thought cannot do anything) is just a reference.

If L*something* excuse you from doing whatever activity you are excuse for e.g. running for excuse leg. However it doesn't mean you cannot do it, it's just that pple who are excuse can choose not to do it. So at the end of the day it basically means that Pes C(esepcially those Pes C1) can take part in just about every activity but U can choose to excuse yourself if you it involves whatever part of your body that you are excuse for. SAF for safety reasons just lump all of them into a single group and put them into Non-Combat role. So basically speaking Pes C guys are still "combat fit" in a sense

does that mean, if i xcuse leg, i still go run, injured...its my fault?

during my time...i saw one guy xcuse sun....poor guy...use umbrella go everywhere...

i was thinking, come on...xcuse sun, might as well xcuse NS altogether.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro...i dunno your age gp...but during my era, where u posted depends on the aptitude test that you took during the pre enlistment check. So, if you show aptitude for mata, civil defense...u will be posted there..

i heard myths too that if you join NPCC during school days, you will go mata for NS...not true.

it depends on the damm aptitude test it seems.

I don't remember any aptitude test, only medical checkup, then posting letter, that was it. I also don't think NCC or NPCC has anything to do with it. If you look at PNS and CDNS, you'll see what I mean. Mostly Malays and other minorities. The Chinese there are mostly regular officers.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't remember any aptitude test, only medical checkup, then posting letter, that was it. I also don't think NCC or NPCC has anything to do with it. If you look at PNS and CDNS, you'll see what I mean. Mostly Malays and other minorities. The Chinese there are mostly regular officers.

bro...i agree...most malays go to Matas or CD.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was PES B. Actually I preferred army, even infantry I didn't mind. Well, I grew up on Rambo movies. But, I was posted to police. I asked CMPB whether can change to army or not? They said no, unless I signed on. Only by signing on can one chooses, but subject to approval too. Signing on wasn't an option since I was then arranging for study in US with my girlfriend (now my wife) in two years' time and though a Rambo fan as I was, I wasn't about to embark on an army career, just preferring army for the two years since I have to do it anyway. I suspect that there's an unwritten rule behind the selection process. Minorities are always sent to police or civil defence.

Real Soldiering very different from the movies lah. In the movies it's 10% briefing, 20% walking and 70% charging like a hero at the enemy. In real life, Sai Gang > Garang part. You spend most of your time walking to the objective, waiting, carry stores, do setup instead of charging up the hill at the enemy. Whatever U see in the movie takes up <10% of the time

during my time...i saw one guy xcuse sun....poor guy...use umbrella go everywhere...

Unless I misinterpreted what the MO was saying, yes that should be what he meant. U excuse leg, U can use it to choose not to run but if you want to participate, you are allowed to. At the end of the day you know your own body better then anyone. SAF being kiasi and dun want bad press just choose to be on the safe side and ask you not to do it

My reservist unit is a good example. My company got a number of pple who are Pes C. Even my Platoon acting 2IC(the actual one forever defer no one has seen him before) is Pes C(excuse running) but becoz we are always short handed, mainly due to high deferment rate, he will choose to go outfield with us and do everything he is expected to do. The only thing is when we need to run or charge at anything, he will just walk behind us if the distance is too far

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Last time lagi Racist. None of the support arms(Arti/Armor/Engineer) have Mat. It's so obvious they don't even have Muslim cookhouse in those camps. Can only find Mat in Infantry units. Not sure if it's still the same but after we had that Mat General, I think it's probably changed now

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There was this big guy in my unit. They didn't have a uniform or shoes big enough for his size. So he ended up using shorts & slippers during his NS & it was a combat unit:eek:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah Liew your NS how many years ago one. During my time(98 - 00), already have very huge sumo size uniform liao