• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP's Pritam Singh ties the knot in colourful ceremony

Suzie

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/wp-s-pritam-singh-ties-the-knot-in-colourful-ceremony.html

A picture of the Workers' Party parliamentarians at Pritam Singh's wedding. (Photo: Workers' Party Facebook page)

The Workers' Party put up this lovely photo of their parliamentarians at Aljunied MP Pritam Singh's wedding on Sunday.

The Straits Times reported that the 35-year-old wed theatre practitioner Lovleen Kaur Walia, 29, who runs the Kri Art and Theatre company, in a traditional Sikh ceremony attended by about 300 people at Fort Canning.

With the men donned in traditional Sikh turbans, the women, too, are dressed in culture-appropriate garb, with WP chairman Sylvia Lim dressed in a traditional female Punjab suit.

Featured here include NCMPs Gerald Giam and Yee Jenn Jong, Yee's wife (on his right), WP secretary-general Low Thia Khiang and his wife, Hougang MP Png Eng Huat, party chairman Sylvia Lim as well as Aljunied MP Muhd Feisal bin Abdul Manap and his wife.

Truly, this image epitomises an interracial, intercultural Singapore, don't you think?

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess its the same Lovleen:

http://www.instablogs.com/entry/talent-hunt-show-gave-another-star-to-indian-tv/

"Another sell-out crowd at joint YSA-KRI play!

Six years after presenting its maiden play titled Khoj -- In Search Of! to a sell-out crowd of more than 900 people, YSA teamed up with KRI Art and Theatre to present a second play to yet another full-house. More than 700 people watched 'The Doctor is In' at the Alliance Francaise Theatre on 15 and 16 October 2011.

The English language comedy, which had three shows, revolved around an Indian family which moved back from the United States to Mumbai and grappled with the various demands of globalisation eroding traditional Indian family values. According to Ms Lovleen Kaur Walia, the Director, the script contained "a lot of Indian moments" to which she could relate, coming from an Indian family herself. The comedy was written by Shane Sakhrani, a Hong-Kong born Indian with an MFA in Dramatic Writing from the University of Southern California.

When YSA was approached by KRI earlier in the year to jointly present the play, we immediately accepted the offer for two reasons. The first was that we were buoyed by the success of the first venture and we were waiting for a similar opportunity to come our way again. Secondly, true to the mission of the Association, we were always on the lookout for ways in which we could support the youth in the community in their endeavours and in fulfilling their vision. The theatre offered a unique platform for budding artistes to showcase their talents, so we decided to be a part of this initiative.

YSA saw much value in supporting someone like Lovleen with a dream, and the passion and the desire to want to realise it. At the same time, the play and the messages it relayed to the audience were appealing. Whilst it was a comedy revolving around an Indian family, the issues it raised were real and serious. These included the challenges of the perceived generational gap and communication issues, filial piety, inter-racial relationship and the need for the family to remain united to overcome the challenges of life.

The play received much complimentary feedback from the audience. Many who turned up for the event were impressed by the level of talent and professionalism displayed by the cast. As in the case of the first play, requests for more such plays were made to YSA and KRI.

We do hope to bring the next play out soon!"

http://www.ysas.org/assets/sell_out_crows.html

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now I know why he keeps beard.

Will Shit Times pick up this special occassion or are the brothel only keen in PAP ministers cutting ribbons and idling with words and no action.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not genetically predisposed to be attracted to women of the Indian race, but she is really chio.

You lucky bastard Pritam, congrats and well done!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember sending Pritam a congratulatory email congratulating him on WP win in Aljunied during the last GE.. Never did I expect him to reply back to me so soon after sending him the email..

Congratulation to Pritam.. Best Wishes for him and his wife..

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry all the same to me. That's what they taught us in primary school remember?

I am not sure when you were in school, but during my time at school in Singapore, only Mandarin, Malay and Tamil were offered as second languages. Accordingly, those students whose parents or mother tongue is none of those three, would have to consider one of those three. For example, one Eurasian classmate (father German, mother Chinese) of mine took Mandarin, a few Indians took Malay, Sikhs took Malay. There were several Chinese who took Malay.

With respect, there is significant differences between Tamil and Punjabi.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most of them do or at least able to.

Since I have not been a resident of Singapore for more than 30 years, whatever I posted re: Sikh and use of Punjabi is based on my childhood and early adulthood years. Therefore, as I do not have current evidence, I will elect not to debate or challenge your submission.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of them do or at least able to.

What Rubbish lah - singkie bayis speak Punjabi dah dei - some can speak in Hindi but generally their accent is Bollywood-derived ...where got the same? The new FT lot do speak Hindi regardless of whichever region they are from because Hindi is their staple language and then they speak a regional dialect on top of it...

Since I have not been a resident of Singapore for more than 30 years, whatever I posted re: Sikh and use of Punjabi is based on my childhood and early adulthood years. Therefore, as I do not have current evidence, I will elect not to debate or challenge your submission.

Your recollection is accurate - a lot don't care to distinguish and assume all the local Indians are the same without realizing that there are distinct minorities within the minority label - and yes the Bayis have all been Punjabis and Punjabi is the language of the community, not Hindi.

Last edited: