• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP's Managing Agent's issue

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Definitely not, Scroobal.

LTK got it right when it says WP is walking its own path, it basically means all other opposition parties should start thinking of what paths are left for them.

In politics, perception is everything. Before any third or forth parties could grow and evolve, public perception must change from "two party system" or "two party is enough" to "hmm...two party not sustainable". It would basically mean that WP cannot expect others to be in alliance or allegiance in helping it when it gets into trouble like FMSS. It is actually the opportunity to open up voters' perspective on whether two party system is good after all.

As I have said, I may or may not be involved in the third force but this is a great opportunity for public political education of the ills of blind support and two party system. We shouldn't expect angels and saints in ruling or opposition parties.

In fact, I am happy that people dig out old articles shooting PAP on GM of Jurong TC being director of its MA as well. IF we, the opposition supporters and people are AGAINST such ill practice of PAP, shouldn't we apply the same standards on WP FMSS as well? This will open up people's mind.

Goh Meng Seng

There is nothing to stop you from developing your own vision and your own team to make multi-party a reality. Surely WP cannot be held responsible for your or any person's limitation.

I am sure you are not suggesting that the popular char kway teow hawker with a snaking queues is stifling your fish ball noodles business. Instead of constantly harping to your customers about the "unethical" rival maybe you can up your cuisine, smile more and tell them how fish ball noodles are much more healthy.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I have already said, if you guys agree that what PAP has done here is wrong, why should you think what WP has done is nothing wrong? You should apply the same standards on both parties but of course, because of your partisan interests and bias, you chose to think otherwise. That's my point.

I have repeated said, is FMSS really necessary when WP already employed the key directors as GM and such? Go figure out.

Goh Meng Seng

That is not what Hypocrite and the others meant. You are still reading everything through tinted lenses.

This is the fact: PAP has access to all these big facilities management companies to run their TCs, all of which are either directly owned or majority partnered by PAP members or associates.

WP does not have this kind of network with which to rely on. That's the whole difference. You want to compare apples and oranges.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In fact, I am happy that people dig out old articles shooting PAP on GM of Jurong TC being director of its MA as well. IF we, the opposition supporters and people are AGAINST such ill practice of PAP, shouldn't we apply the same standards on WP FMSS as well? This will open up people's mind.

Goh Meng Seng

Still obfuscating the issue like KBW and THP. PAP has a selection of big crony companies to rely on. WP is in a much different position. Tell me which party is the one engaging in petty politicking and putting residents welfare at stake through their cronyism and other incestual activities. Tell me which party was the one who made up all the stupid rules and put in place an elaborate system to handicap the opposition.

You have an 800 pound gorilla in the room with all the sycophants and golden calf worshippers feeding it round the clock, helping it to entrench itself and bully others, and there you are focussing your attention on the other chap trying to work within the rules.

No sense of proportion at all.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is only one GRC plus a SMC or two, dude. If the skeleton empty shell FMSS can do it, I don't see why the employed couple cannot do it from HGTC, with a whole management team there! You are the one who is obfuscating the issue. Just give me one good reason why an empty shell FMSS is better than the whole HGTC management team lah! Simple as that.

I actually don't blame you because I know you are partisan bias but that is not the way you reason things out.

Goh Meng Seng

Still obfuscating the issue like KBW and THP. PAP has a selection of big crony companies to rely on. WP is in a much different position. Tell me which party is the one engaging in petty politicking and putting residents welfare at stake through their cronyism and other incestual activities. Tell me which party was the one who made up all the stupid rules and put in place an elaborate system to handicap the opposition.

You have an 800 pound gorilla in the room with all the sycophants and golden calf worshippers feeding it round the clock, helping it to entrench itself and bully others, and there you are focussing your attention on the other chap trying to work within the rules.

No sense of proportion at all.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still blaming the char law teow man. Why don't you do something about the quality and size of your fish balls.

You actually did very well in 2011 given who your colleagues in control were. From a well known wayang company that come together every 5 years, you turned it around considerably.

WP strategy works for them. It was not designed to help you. They do not set the rules, PAP does.

Definitely not, Scroobal.

LTK got it right when it says WP is walking its own path, it basically means all other opposition parties should start thinking of what paths are left for them.

In politics, perception is everything. Before any third or forth parties could grow and evolve, public perception must change from "two party system" or "two party is enough" to "hmm...two party not sustainable". It would basically mean that WP cannot expect others to be in alliance or allegiance in helping it when it gets into trouble like FMSS. It is actually the opportunity to open up voters' perspective on whether two party system is good after all.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am not blaming you know. I am basically telling customers, look, that stall also as dirty as the other stall! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

You still blaming the char law teow man. Why don't you do something about the quality and size of your fish balls.

You actually did very well in 2011 given who your colleagues in control were. From a well known wayang company that come together every 5 years, you turned it around considerably.

WP strategy works for them. It was not designed to help you. They do not set the rules, PAP does.

jw5

Loyal
Bro, that was silky smooth. Did not even see the knife go in and go out until I read it again. Liked the part where you tied GD to Locke via CSJ and LTK. I rate you as top of the league. I suppose you can understand why people are cautious of SDP.

But you Scroobal also claimed that CSJ and LTK are pap agents, yet you constantly praise LTK for making parliamentary inroads in other threads.

The inconsistency is bewildering. It makes you sound like a cunning snake. Care to explain that?

DEDEER

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have already said, if you guys agree that what PAP has done here is wrong, why should you think what WP has done is nothing wrong? You should apply the same standards on both parties but of course, because of your partisan interests and bias, you chose to think otherwise. That's my point.

I have repeated said, is FMSS really necessary when WP already employed the key directors as GM and such? Go figure out.

Goh Meng Seng

Tan kin lian 5%. Hi5. Tan kin lian 5%. Hi5. Yes I am mocking you goh meng seng.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am not blaming you know. I am basically telling customers, look, that stall also as dirty as the other stall! :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

GMS,

One stall is a mega monopoly that openly tout for customers and even goes to poison the imported foodstuff of the other stall to discredit them.

And your attention is focussed on the small stall that is trying to get by. Which stall is dirtier in deed and substance you tell me.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Meng Seng.

All the gov management companies are also " shell companies " by that definition. When PP was taken over by the PAP, most of the old TC staff was kept one for one year and some were hired by the new MA. All staff at town councils face potential unemployment with a change in the "party" or the "managing agent"

What was FMSS do to ? Hire people for a non existent town council which they were not in charge of ? The key people remain the MA and the appointed GM. Her experience and contacts are key as I explained in my contractor analogy. The decision has been made that both are key to running the organisation. You have disputed otherwise and it is your view that the other management staff at HGTC are perfectly capable of running something five times as large. I would respectfully disagree.

Your repeated question is Why did both the manager and her husband chose to go private ? Why not work permanently as employee's of HGTC and AJTC ? Unfortunately if they chose to go private there is nothing that HGTC or anyone can do to stop them.

Locke

It is only one GRC plus a SMC or two, dude. If the skeleton empty shell FMSS can do it, I don't see why the employed couple cannot do it from HGTC, with a whole management team there! You are the one who is obfuscating the issue. Just give me one good reason why an empty shell FMSS is better than the whole HGTC management team lah! Simple as that.

I actually don't blame you because I know you are partisan bias but that is not the way you reason things out.

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Goh Meng Seng

GMS,

One stall is a mega monopoly that openly tout for customers and even goes to poison the imported foodstuff of the other stall to discredit them.

And your attention is focussed on the small stall that is trying to get by. Which stall is dirtier in deed and substance you tell me.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

FMSS shouldn't be engaged because it is an empty shell, but HGTC with staff strength for one single constituency to take over a GRC should be engaged?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...a self- masturbating thread started by scroobal going into 11 pages.....shiok sendiri.
evryone here enjoying an ego trip with the 2 guys with the thickest hide....
one is slimey and changes tack like changing underwear...
another who is...i don't know what to say.....lol.

gobuster

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Is FMSS "skeleton empty shell" as GMS claim? Did he know the company? Any idea of how big is the GRC compared with Hougang?

The WP knew that several former staff members of Hougang Town Council hadregistered a new estate management company - FMSS - on May 15, Ms Lim said The company was set up by the former secretary of Hougang Town Council, MsHow Weng Fan, and her husband Danny Loh Chong Meng.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/62636204/ST-Baptism-of-Fire-for-WP-in-Aljunied

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aug 19, 2011
Baptism of fire for WP in Aljunied
On Aug 1, the Workers' Party formally took over the running of the Aljunied TownCouncil, a changeover closely watched by the GRC's residents and grassrootsgroups. In an exclusive interview with Insight, WP chairman Sylvia Lim addressescriticisms and sets out her party's priorities.

By Kor Kian Beng & Teo Wan Gek

WEEKS after a fiercely fought General Election, politics of another kind reared itshead in Aljunied GRC.Town council politics.The winning Workers' Party (WP) team received this message from the companymanaging Aljunied Town Council: We want out.That was in late May.The fallout from that request has led to recent online criticisms of how the WP wentabout appointing a replacement.That is not the only controversy tied to the town council's handover from anentrenched People's Action Party (PAP) team to the WP newcomers.Rumours have swirled about new demands from the WP side when grassrootsgroups sought permission to hold events, and of plans to do away with certainamenities.

Mutual suspicion is perhaps unsurprising since the key players involved aremembers and loyalists of two rival political parties, fresh from a bruising battle at thepolls.What are the views on both sides?What does the WP have to say in its own defence about controversies that havesurfaced?
Of PAP contracts and WP ties

ON AUG 2, The Straits Times reported that the WP was set to appoint a three-month-old company as the new managing agent for the Aljunied-Hougang TownCouncil (AHTC).Criticisms ensued online. Netizens asked why the WP did not call for an opentender, as is the common practice among the PAP-run town councils.One post at the straitstimes.com website read: 'How did a company set up just threemonths ago get appointed to be a managing agent? Was there a tender process?On what merit was it awarded on?'The new managing agent is FM Solutions and Services (FMSS), set up on May 15,one week after the May 7 polls.It replaces CPG Facilities Management, which the PAP MPs had appointed tomanage the Aljunied Town Council last year, on a three-year contract.However, after the PAP MPs lost at the polls, CPG asked in late May to be releasedfrom its contract. The WP and CPG agreed to end the contract in early June,Workers' Party chairman Sylvia Lim disclosed for the first time last week, in aninterview with Insight.CPG's managing director Jeffrey Chua declined to comment. But others in theproperty management scene said CPG might have been concerned that workingwith an opposition party might affect its contracts with PAP-run town councils.There are 15 town councils in all and the PAP is in charge of 14 of them.CPG manages Ang Mo Kio Town Council and provides emergency responseservices to a cluster of other PAP town councils.EM Services and Esmaco manage 12 town councils between them, with EMServices having the lion's share of the pie.Bishan-Toa Payoh Town Council is the only one that hires its own staff and does nothave a managing agent.The WP knew that several former staff members of Hougang Town Council hadregistered a new estate management company - FMSS - on May 15, Ms Lim said.

The company was set up by the former secretary of Hougang Town Council, MsHow Weng Fan, and her husband Danny Loh Chong Meng.The WP appointed FMSS as the new managing agent for AHTC.Ms Lim said they did not call for a tender because of time constraints in meeting theAug 1 deadline for the handover, and concerns about disrupting town councilservices.She stressed that no WP member has any stake in FMSS, and Mr Loh and Ms Howhave never been WP members.
The AHTC also did not breach any regulations, she said, pointing out that theTown Councils Act allows waiver of a tender if an urgent appointment of amanaging agent is needed to ensure residents' interests are not compromised.
FMSS has been appointed on a one-year contract and a tender will be called nextyear, she added.Meanwhile, Ms Lim assured residents that FMSS will have to deliver the goods.She said: 'The bottom line is this: We are responsible to ensure that the town runswell. The managing agent is employed for their professional expertise, and they haveto deliver.'

Grassroots grouses
MS LIM also dismissed rumours swirling among some grassroots leaders aboutunfair demands from the WP-run town council.The rumours revolve around applications to use open spaces for grassroots events,and allegations that the WP town council would give its approval only if the party'sMPs were invited as guests of honour.Grassroots groups under the People's Association invite their PA-appointedgrassroots advisers, who are inevitably the PAP MPs or candidates.Ms Lim said the AHTC did not and will not lay down such a condition to thegrassroots organisations in the GRC.She said: 'It is up to the grassroots organisations to invite who they want.'Our consideration is this: so long as it's for a legitimate purpose and they are willingto comply with the rules and regulations, like ending the event by 10.30pm andthings like that, we have no conditions about who they should invite.'Businessman Patrick Ong, 41, who heads a Hungry Ghost Festival organisingcommittee of shopkeepers and hawkers in the GRC's Serangoon North area, said hehas not heard of the rumour.

DEDEER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many people start to point laughable and funny accusations at me of being "PAP agent" and what not... haha... only Locke got it right, I am only happy if people in their mudslinging, trying to defend the indefensible acts of immorality, dig each other dirt out in the open!

The reason is simple, it will just show WP and PAP are sama sama (yeah, got that spelling right!), only satisfied to meet the minimum standards of legality, but not higher standards of morality.

Such development has shown that two party system cannot and will not work well. We need multi-party system to effect better and sustainable checks and balances. So let the ball rolling... more dirt from both sides please!

Goh Meng Seng

pap agent goh ms

why no comments about pap mp gang rape democracy. if that comes from a wp mp then you would have whack them like no tomorrow.

anybody need more proof about this pap mole.

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]Did the Chief of Government Communications help draft Dr Teo’s press statement?[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
May 17th, 2013 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

janadas.jpg
Mr Janadas Devan, Chief of Government Communications

Yesterday (16 May), Dr Teo Ho Pin issued a press statement attempting to cast aspersions on WP’s management of Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council and on its Managing Agent, FM Solutions and Services Pte Ltd (FMSS).
Dr Teo published the statement on his Facebook page [Link] as if it were his own. The statement was also re-posted on TR Emeritus (TRE): Teo Ho Pin questions WP’s dealings with FMSS.
The Workers’ Party responded the same day at 9.37pm with a statement titled Town Council Management – What is really at stake.
Besides publishing his press statement on Facebook, Dr Teo also sent it to the media in an MS Word file. TRE has obtained a copy of the file (snapshot below).
THPPR.jpg
Out of curiosity, TRE opened the Word file to examine the history of the document and this is what TRE found:
janadas1.jpg
Evidently, Dr Teo’s press release was last edited by someone using MS Word software registered to janadas. This someone last edited the document on 16 May 2013 at 12:21pm (created). It is safe to assume that Dr Teo was not the last person editing it (see created date), unless Dr Teo used janadas’ MS Word to edit it.
After the file was edited at 12:21pm, there were no further changes and Dr Teo later sent it to the media. The “modified and accessed” dates refer to the date and time TRE opened the document.
Who is janadas?
Checking the Singapore Government Directory (http://www.sgdi.gov.sg), “an online information service to facilitate communication between members of the public and the public service” as the directory describes itself, one name comes up i.e. Janadas Devan, the Chief of Government Communications under Dr Yaacob’s Ministry of Communications and Information [Link]:
Chief of Government CommunicationsJanadas DEVAN

<tbody>
</tbody>
Mr Janadas Devan’s job essentially is to coordinate and issue communications of the Government to the public.
It is not known if the MS Word software used to edit Dr Teo’s press release is certainly registered or belongs to Mr Janadas Devan, the Chief of Government Communications.
Dr Teo does not hold any positions in the Government. He is a Member of Parliament (MP) and Mayor of North West District. He is also the Coordinating Chairman of 14 PAP Town Councils.
What business does the Chief of Government Communications have in helping a PAP MP such as Dr Teo draft or edit his press release? If Mr Janadas Devan had any business doing that, to be fair, he should help opposition MPs to draft and edit their press releases too, and cast aspersions on PAP’s management of their Town Councils for good measure.
Assuming that Mr Janadas Devan was really at work, as a civil servant, is it not inappropriate for him to take sides and help one political party against another?
Then again, maybe Dr Teo happened to be at Mr Janadas Devan’s office taking a lunch break and had to do some last-minute editing before sending out his press release?
What do you think?
Editor’s note: Short of a direct acknowledgement from Mr Janadas Devan himself or the authorities, TRE is unable to confirm as a matter of fact if it was indeed Mr Devan who last edited Dr Teo’s press release. As such, we would like to remind our readers that although the evidence points to Mr Devan’s involvement, please refrain from personal attacks on the man.
http://www.tremeritus.com/2013/05/1...ations-help-dr-teo-draft-his-press-statement/

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Goh MA, if i am to chose between $2 setup and a $500K setup to entrust my personal information and C&S to be done, there is no doubt who can do a better job. WP has proven over time they can do a better job at no extra cost. so be it. let us not forget tht FMSS would not even have a chance if AIM continue to render support to WP. the childish bickering by this teo bugger and his gang show no more than a political agenda to derail democracy process.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It takes two to tango ...the other opposition parties have not been supportive of the WP effort. Instead of helping the WP to prove to sinkees that opposition parties can run the country, the other parties have been disruptive and attack WP. It is a long battle to win over the hearts of sinkees and the other opposition parties have got to accept the fact that WP is the linchpin of the opposition whether they like it or not. It is time to coalesce around the WP.

What effort has the other parties rendered to WP? Ziltch. Folks like you do the work of the PAP. That's utterly sickening for an individual who claims to care about the country and democracy. You don't walk the talk.
If you don't want a two party system, then work towards the change of FPTP to PR. But before you can even reach there, you need to get rid of the PAP. If you can't even get that done, nothing will change.

Goh Meng Seng

No, you don't. Because we have a David versus Goliath situation; WP versus the establishment that has billions of dollars of resources and utter control of practical most aspects of sinkapore. So, if you can't muster any intestinal fortitude to support David, then at least you can shut up instead of doing the work of Goliath.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is a lame argument as I have already pointed out.

FMSS is indeed a skeleton empty shell as it was set up hastily just 4 days after GE2011, regardless of the $500K paid up captial.

If running GRC is so difficult than a SMC like HGTC, then we would not expect FMSS which only consists of experienced staffs from HGTC to perform the job as well!

Now, comparing FMSS the empty shell to the whole management team in HGTC, which one would have the ability to manage the GRC?

Goh Meng Seng

Is FMSS "skeleton empty shell" as GMS claim? Did he know the company? Any idea of how big is the GRC compared with Hougang?

The WP knew that several former staff members of Hougang Town Council hadregistered a new estate management company - FMSS - on May 15, Ms Lim said The company was set up by the former secretary of Hougang Town Council, MsHow Weng Fan, and her husband Danny Loh Chong Meng.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/62636204/ST-Baptism-of-Fire-for-WP-in-Aljunied