• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Worse Olympic closing ceremony ever following their worse opening ever

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singing is the cheapest option. Because all Singer will volunteer free to sing. Only need very few volunteer for dance and marching.
Not like China need few thousand volunteer to performance any formation and dance.
UK bo liu that all.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why so uptight about it? It's just a showcase of British songs and culture. As in all things, it works for some, doesn't work for others. Not your cup of tea, switch to another channel lah. Beijing had first-class coordination, London wanted a more British cultural feel, Rio... don't know yet. Olympics is for young people and the closing ceremony wanted a party-like atmosphere targetted at the young.

Ya la he dun like then say it's crap...
Not his usual north korean NDP type ceremony he beh song.
I liked this better than previous ones...you like the previous one...ok lah can't please everyone

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singing is the cheapest option. Because all Singer will volunteer free to sing. Only need very few volunteer for dance and marching.
Not like China need few thousand volunteer to performance any formation and dance.
UK bo liu that all.

yes cheapest and greenest olympic ceremony ever, and therefore worse of all.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes cheapest and greenest olympic ceremony ever, and therefore worse of all.
Budget spent alot means good? No wonder sinkieland got best govt.
No doubt the singing acts might have sang for free.
Try getting them together if you can for a concert and see how much you need to pay for tickets.

jw5

Loyal
yes i agree, some people have different taste. By the way congratulation for being spectator of the worse Olympic closing ceremony in history of mankind.

Bro, I looking forward to your pics for Rio 2016. Should be a carnival with many scantily clad chiobu.
Hope I am still around then, and also still interested in chiobu. :o

cowpehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am still here in the UK.Watched the live telecast of the closing ceremony on the telly.Looked like a glorified pop concert with 'has been' pop icons.

The Brits are broke like the Euro..so why not turn the closing ceremony into a British pop show..with cheap paper wraps, tins and cans,.London taxis, .overall it has a narrow appeal, not befitting for a world class events...so bring out batman, Mary popppins..extra..also a total lack of a main theme song like in others olympics...veru cheap budget show with overwhelmingly Brits pop shows..

well, have to excuse the Brits trying their best on show string budget....maybe, could have ask PRC to donate a Billion grants to do a better show..

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
as usual too much english pomposity and tight upper lip humour. but okay lah. i like the spice girls - the best! john lennon's imagine was too morbid.not appropriate. also the freddie queen also rather morbid. too much dead people. too much computering and imagery.

i think beijing 2008 is the best.....the english tried too hard...too much squeezed too tight...too noisy...too rocky and too pompous...i would prefer them to display for broadway than rock music....emele sande was simply great!!!....jessie j okay lah but too rocky and too naked....the brazilian intro was ok lah...i prefer them to dance naturally in the streets instead of too much making up and doing over...the brazilians should just do their sexy and sensual samba instead of wearing those artificial outfits...

anyway it was a good london 2012...hope to be alive and watch rio 2016...cheers to all...

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, I looking forward to your pics for Rio 2016. Should be a carnival with many scantily clad chiobu.
Hope I am still around then, and also still interested in chiobu. :o

sound good, see you in 2016.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i must admit something good in the pop culture performance, jessy J is steaming hot in her skin tight suit. oh my god.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
I Know What You Mean

UK bo liu that all.

I know what you mean. :p

But, you must ask a valid question here. Can they do this (below) ? Chinese, Japs and Koreans are good at these dancing choreography with precision. Just look at the Chinese divers, consistent all the time ! Consistency and precision win GOLD medals and applause.

[video=youtube;zlK5abIJRyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlK5abIJRyM&feature=relmfu[/video]

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I Know What You Mean

actually the proper olympic performance part, is pretty good, i am talking about darcy bussell, ballet segment. They have opera, they have musical but they choose pop culture, if they do opera and musical. i would say it is great, darcy bussell segment show london can do it. but they sadly it was not to be. also they have edinburgh military tattoo. it would be great.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wannabe

[video=youtube;gJLIiF15wjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJLIiF15wjQ[/video]

Wow ! Spice girls were there too ! I can still remember this - Wannabe. Posh Spice, Sporty Spice, Baby Spice ... forgot the rest.

The Spice Girls are a British pop girl group formed in 1994. The group comprised five members, who each later adopted nicknames initially ascribed to them: Melanie Chisholm ("Sporty Spice"), Emma Bunton ("Baby Spice"), Melanie Brown ("Scary Spice"), Victoria Beckham ("Posh Spice"), and Geri Halliwell ("Ginger Spice"). They were signed to Virgin Records and released their debut single, "Wannabe" in 1996, which hit number-one in more than 30 countries and helped establish the group as a global phenomenon.

leeisphtui

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dont understand why they based the whole ceremony on English Music. The whole BBC 1 Radio presentation will be lost on most international viewers. If you are not a die hard fan of English music, you would not have been wowed by this closing ceremony.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy England

I dont understand why they based the whole ceremony on English Music. The whole BBC 1 Radio presentation will be lost on most international viewers. If you are not a die hard fan of English music, you would not have been wowed by this closing ceremony.

Aiya ! They still wanna sell English stuff to the world mah. So, before the Orlumpig ends, rite, they must do some free ad to say, "Don't you forget our English music too ! Buy our pop music."

Economy bad ?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Buy England

Every Olympic will feature a few home talent. unfortunately the rest of the world except usa and brit has measly few. I did not watch the chinks olympig because surely got some chinky yellow slit eyed bitch singing. Whole of BRAZIL GOT ONLY PELE TO FEATURE IN THE 15 MINS OF THE CLOSING. What a joke. the entire Brazil have only PELE. People are just jealous at the Brits talents. Especially fagots here in this forum. Like to lick each others balls for points. What pathetic babies.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, it is true, they have a lot to offer, but use english music instead, i think some are amercian even

well, i thought queen with jessie j is very nice.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Buy England

Typical cheebai Sinkie mentality. Must have watched too many NDPs since young and ended up utterly besotted with those choreographed group formation performances.
Any mass ceremony that does not conform to North Korea's ideal of aesthetics must be crap. :rolleyes:

And some shitheads here who are fanatically pro-Tiongland ("my grandparents are from China hurrr durrr") obviously think that the best way (other than incessantly trumpeting China's medal tally) to add glory to their motherland would be to bash the Poms. Beijing 2008 = good! London 2012 = bad! I bet they get an erection from watching the Ip Man movies.

And a prediction for Rio 2016: Brazilians like to party (see Carnaval) Mardi Gras style, so you can expect to see less regimented bullshit that is found in North Korea, China... and every August 9th in a certain shitty island in SE Asia.