• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World's Best Chinatowns

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SF Chinatown is the original and the best of course. Singapore has no Chinatown, it's faked and hyped up with the Chinatown name for touristy purposes. That place is called Kreta Ayer. How can you have a Chinatown in a Chinese 75%-majority country? Everywhere in Singapore is Chinatown for crying out loud.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Singapore chinatown was not meddled by the ruling party, It could easily topped the first 5 in the world.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
SF Chinatown is the original and the best of course. Singapore has no Chinatown, it's faked and hyped up with the Chinatown name for touristy purposes. That place is called Kreta Ayer. How can you have a Chinatown in a Chinese 75%-majority country? Everywhere in Singapore is Chinatown for crying out loud.

Have to agree with you on this one. The whole Singapore is a Chinese country with some minorities here and there.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Peoples Park now filled with irritating PRC they are the Chinatown of Sickapoor, they turn this place into filthy, dirty and smelly CHinatown in no time.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
london's chinatown is one of the best i have visited,it should be number 1.
not forgetting the doughsticks there cost £1.50 each, 10 years ago...:eek:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

China has chinatown boh?

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Singapore chinatown was not meddled by the ruling party, It could easily topped the first 5 in the world.

I fully agree with you. Everything that PAP touched died. Har Paw Villa, China Town, Tang Chen, all the good hawker centres, Temasek Holding......

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal

San Francisco's Chinatown have KTV with Taiwanese girls serving as hostress :biggrin:

quite expensive lol

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, there shouldn't be such thing as Chinatown in Singapore. Singapore is China country.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let me tell you something equally funny.

In Malay majority Malaysia, i came across a building in JB that calls itself "Malay Village" lol

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought LA? Anyway, can't believe everything in Wiki.

But after the 90s HK influx, I think Vancouver is the second largest now, yes?

the 2nd largest in north america, in terms of area and density, i think, is in nyc. the largest in canada, in terms of area and density, is vancouver, although i think toronto has many more chinese (legal and illegal immigrants). many wealthy honkies who emigrated to vancouver live in hk, after getting their pr. and they send their kids to boston college. if you wish to marry rich (wealthy daughters from hk tycoon families), study at boston college. they seldom hang around vancouver in winter.

Last edited: