• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World of sports will go bankrupt by mass boycott

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
due to ceo having such bad taste want to show off when 900 just went jobless

===============================================

The Lamborghini couple

By Joyce Lim

Most would dream of building their business empire together, retire and travel around the world.

Not many would have the same dream as Steven Goh and his wife, Monica Neo.

They dreamed of owning a sports car each and racing together on a race circuit.

And their dream car?

A million-dollar Lamborghini.

Just two months ago, Goh, the chief executive officer of VGO Corporation which owns World of Sports and luxury fashion brand Bread and Butter, had spent a whopping $1.3 million for a swanky, black Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640.

Right after he got his car, he placed his order for a second Lamborghini - a white LP560 - which cost close to $1 million inclusive of insurance fees.

It was a surprise gift for his wife to celebrate their 16th wedding anniversary, Goh, 43, told The New Paper.

Said Goh: "Both of us like fast cars and my wife loves to drive too. We enjoy road trips to Malaysia where we can really ram our cars. And we had this dream to drive our own sports cars to Malaysia together.

So weeks before their anniversary, Goh started asking his wife what her dream car was and her colour preference.

Said Neo, 41, a homemaker: "I did suspect that he was going to buy me a car. He always pampers me with expensive gifts like jewellery and watches.

"But I didn't expect a Lamborghini!

"And as for me, I only got him a card."

Neo recalled: "When I first knew him, he was driving a Porsche. When we were dating, we liked to drive up to the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. That's where we can really speed and test the car."

But deep down, Neo wished to take control of the steering wheel.

Every year, the couple would spend tens of thousands of dollars on travelling to catch the Formula One races "live".

Alonso and Massa fans

Goh is a supporter of Fernando Alonso while his wife supports Felipe Massa.

They have watched Formula One races in Monza, Melbourne, Shanghai, Malaysia and of course Singapore where the couple had the chance to get up close to the drivers.

The couple own two more cars - a Bentley and a Mercedes Benz - which they use when out with their daughters, aged 10, 12 and 15.

Goh's past cars include a Mazda GT, Mazda RX7, Porsche 911, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari Montana and a Lamborghini Gallardo.

Neo got her car two weeks ago.

There is slight obstacle to their driving into Malaysia: Goh's Lamborghini is too wide to drive through the lanes meant for normal cars at the Singapore end of the Causeway checkpoint She said: "As his car is much wider, we need to clear immigration through the lanes meant for lorries.

"Hence we need to get special documents to do that."

In the meantime, the couple will be driving together on our expressways here.

This article was first published in The New Paper on Nov 14, 2008.

counsel

Alfrescian
Loyal
$1.3 million for a swanky, black Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640

Over a million dollars for a car?

How much would this car cost overseas, considering cars are "overpriced" in Singapore?

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
how to be jeolous ? In fifty years nobody will know about world of sports but they will regret how NS has killed Singapore.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Said Goh: "Both of us like fast cars and my wife loves to drive too. We enjoy road trips to Malaysia where we can really ram our cars. And we had this dream to drive our own sports cars to Malaysia together.

Wow.. to Malaysia, i wonder if how big the eyes of those car thieves will be when they see one with SG plate in it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why do i have the feeling that there are a number of green eye posts here whenever some one successful and capable starts to buy some toys to pampered themselves.

Instead of learning from them, i see losers getting jealous over them. What a sinkie!!!

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do i have the feeling that there are a number of green eye posts here whenever some one successful and capable starts to buy some toys to pampered themselves.
=========

you sound pathetically small minded. TYPICAL SINKIE MENTALITY. My eyes not green and my third eye see bankruptcy coming.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing wrong with them buying expensive cars. They made their money
selling stuff cheaper to Singaporeans. And they opt to spend their money here too.
We need more people like that in Singapore.
Would you rather they save it up and buy properties and cars elsewhere?

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, people CAN AFFORD IT!!!!!

Do you understand what that means?

ahhh no. it's you who does not understand. You are exhibiting symptoms of Sinkie Behaviour.

even if i had 100 billion and can afford it, i would not do so. Why? because material things are inherently impermanent, and resources although vast are not unlimited. I would use the 1 million and build hospitals in rural western china, , donate to cancer treatment foundations or set up foundation for disabled pets, this is much more satisfying than a piece of metal.

But ur a sinkie, and so material thigns brings great hapiness to you, but what is perceived through the five senses will always lead to unhapiness. To understand this is to shed your sinkie behaviour.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is nothing wrong with them buying expensive cars. They made their money
selling stuff cheaper to Singaporeans. And they opt to spend their money here too.
We need more people like that in Singapore.
Would you rather they save it up and buy properties and cars elsewhere?

PPle who are in business will know how to handle their money well enough to buy expensive items. They know the way to pay $1 million and at the same time already make $2 million while giving the the check to the car salesman. In fact, they never even use their own pocket money and savings for that.

This type of skills should be learned by all people and it is healthy for the economy and to the individual as well. These pple earns even more during a recession indirectly.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ahhh no. it's you who does not understand. You are exhibiting symptoms of Sinkie Behaviour.

even if i had 100 billion and can afford it, i would not do so. Why? because material things are inherently impermanent, and resources although vast are not unlimited. I would use the 1 million and build hospitals in rural western china, , donate to cancer treatment foundations or set up foundation for disabled pets, this is much more satisfying than a piece of metal.

But ur a sinkie, and so material thigns brings great hapiness to you, but what is perceived through the five senses will always lead to unhapiness. To understand this is to shed your sinkie behaviour.

They might have already done that and there is no need to tell the media and the whole sinkie lot of you in order to justify their spending to pamper themselves.

Yes , material is impermanent. Since they are buying material , why are you making a fuss over it. Anything wrong? Why pple must do things to fit your sinkie perception. Did they harm anyone by paying $1 million for something that they rightfully and legally earn using their own capabilities and talents.

YOu, yourself cannot swallow it and u blame other who can afford it. What a joke!!!! Yah right, impermanence , i wonder what is your version of impermanence.

You are behaving like those who are ugly and says that appearance is not important, inner beauty is the thing.

Last edited: